ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most Embarrassing Album You Own Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
12th February 2008 11:48 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man, I own big piles of crap. I went through a stage one summer where I bought every box of albums/CDs at every yard sale I stopped at. Oh, you got a box of 50 CDs? I'll give ya $10.00 for the lot sight unseen....SOLD! The idea was to flip the stuff on eBay, and get my money back on shipping and handling, but that proved to be wayyyyyyyyyy to much work for not nearly enuff dollars. Most of that stuff is packed away in the basement of my former house.

I haven't even looked at most of that stuff since it came home. But I do remember seeing some truely terrible stuff...and I do indeed technically own it. For instance...I had the Pat Boone "Metal" album. I don't remember getting rid of it either...so I'll say that one.

The Pat Boone metal album. I don't see how much more embarrassing you can get than the Pat Boone metal album, but you guys have posted some doozies!

SlaveGirl...it is never a mistake to purchase a 45 regardless of who or what is on it. Why, I own a 45 of Humpback Whales "singing". National Geographic put it out. Even though I'll never play it...I'm still glad I have it. I can enjoy the 45 as a simple artifact. What is actually on the 45 doesn't have much to do with it IMO. 45s are just too cool.
12th February 2008 12:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Biwitched! LOL, I remember them!

Didn't they have a hit called Cest La V? Or something like that. Very fake Orishness!

Yep. 'C'est la vie'. Complete with an excruciating 'diddley-dee' instrumental jig in the middle. Two of them were the sisters of one of the members of Boyzone, so, like The Beach Boys, the talent obviously ran deep in the family there....
[Edited by Gazza]
12th February 2008 12:08 PM
Throwaway LOL, yeah their song "C'est La Vie" or whatever it was, had a shitty bagpipe solo if I remember correctly. I think I'll have to play the "at least they were hot" card on this one.
12th February 2008 02:42 PM
Wayneowl No-one's mentioned any of Ron Wood's albums yet...And if you're going to allow 45's, 3 words - Bridget The Midget!
12th February 2008 02:52 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Wayneowl wrote:
No-one's mentioned any of Ron Wood's albums yet...And if you're going to allow 45's, 3 words - Bridget The Midget!

I actually like most of Ronnies stuff....Now I must fess up that I have Monkey Grip Glue....ewwwwwwwww
12th February 2008 03:01 PM
nankerphelge Ready for another?

Okay, so the Partridge Family Album was a gift from mom and dad.

So, technically, I did not get that one for myself.

Technically.

Now as for nanky-bought merchandise, I am afraid to report that as a very young boy, I picked up the Bay City Rollers' first album with that wretched S-A-TUR-DAY NIGHT song.

I really have no explanation or excuse for it.
But I feel a whole lot better getting it out in the open...

[Edited by nankerphelge]
12th February 2008 03:21 PM
bilsim every Limp Bizkit album (y)
12th February 2008 03:39 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ready for another?

Technically.

Now as for nanky-bought merchandise, I am afraid to report that as a very young boy, I picked up the Bay City Rollers' first album with that wretched S-A-TUR-DAY NIGHT song.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

You're a brave soul indeed...Say 40 Hail Keiths and play Exile 10 times and you shall be forgiven
12th February 2008 05:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
LOL, yeah their song "C'est La Vie" or whatever it was, had a shitty bagpipe solo if I remember correctly. I think I'll have to play the "at least they were hot" card on this one.

Fiddles, not bagpipes I think!

Sorry, the 'eye candy' excuse doesnt fly - Girls Aloud they most certainly were not!
12th February 2008 05:49 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
bilsim wrote:
every Limp Bizkit album (y)

Fred Durst got mad guitar skills

12th February 2008 05:50 PM
TampabayStone 5150
12th February 2008 06:18 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fiddles, not bagpipes I think!

Sorry, the 'eye candy' excuse doesnt fly - Girls Aloud they most certainly were not!

ahh fack, you got me!

12th February 2008 06:19 PM
Throwaway
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Fred Durst got mad guitar skills

Hard to believe thats not a joke. Though it not being one makes it hilarious.
12th February 2008 06:21 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Hard to believe thats not a joke. Though it not being one makes it hilarious.

I say he's joshin'.
12th February 2008 07:36 PM
Sioux
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

You're a brave soul indeed...Say 40 Hail Keiths and play Exile 10 times and you shall be forgiven

Oh dear. Indeed, I'm not sure this one can be forgiven...
12th February 2008 08:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ready for another?

Technically.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

Remember when your avatar went missing after the Nankerace incident????
Lil Devil head ran away embarrassed at your actions.
I'd be VERY concerned if I were YOU.

LOL.

LJ.

******Above material is dated and will be lost to RO newbies*********************

12th February 2008 08:31 PM
TampabayStone America's Greatest Hits
Madonna..Like a Prayer
Michael McDonald's Greatest Hits (I don't care how many Times I hear I Keep Forgettin', I love it)

Just to name a few.
12th February 2008 09:16 PM
TampabayStone
12th February 2008 09:19 PM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ready for another?

Technically.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

Dee Dee Ramone was a huge fan of them, and The Beach Boys... You can hear it the Ramones songs he wrote...
12th February 2008 09:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The Pat Boone metal album. I don't see how much more embarrassing you can get than the Pat Boone metal album,

UNCLEAN AND VILE!

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12th February 2008 09:32 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:

While I have no problem with men wearing make up, they do need to know how to put it on correctly...lol!

Robert smith

Pre-Friday I'm in Love Cure is ok. In fact, before Robbie Smith put makeup on, had goofy hair, and wore all black, The CUre made some music that was way ahead of their time.

12th February 2008 09:35 PM
TampabayStone Are you going to post their vids on every thread now?
12th February 2008 09:38 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Are you going to post their vids on every thread now?

Na, I got my point across last night, whatever it was.
12th February 2008 09:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ready for another?

Technically.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

Can't believe it!!! Now THAT is a good defintion of "Most Embarrassing"

Why did you buy it? LOL (You don't need to reply but don't leave it to my imagination )
12th February 2008 10:56 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Barbra Streisand ' Live at the Palladium ' ( circa 1967 ) .

Dingdingdingding...Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. No need to continue this thread beyond Joey's painful admission.
12th February 2008 11:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Dingdingdingding...Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. No need to continue this thread beyond Joey's painful admission.

Right.
Embarassed??????? No way!
I'm PROUD of EVERY record in my collection.

12th February 2008 11:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Right.
Embarassed??????? No way!
I'm PROUD of EVERY record in my collection.

Sorry. I take that back. There is one.

13th February 2008 07:52 AM
nankerphelge Voodoo - I think I got it at some $1 record sale somewhere. I know, I paid too much!

Shiver!

13th February 2008 05:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
robpop wrote:

Pre-Friday I'm in Love Cure is ok. In fact, before Robbie Smith put makeup on, had goofy hair, and wore all black, The CUre made some music that was way ahead of their time.

<

Friday I'm In Love is probably my favourite of theirs!

I only own their 'Best Of' but they had some blody good songs. Love Cats, A Forest, Boys Don't Cry, Close To Me etc.

13th February 2008 05:42 PM
pdog Let me get this right, you guys are telling me I shouldn't be emberassed of the Cure albums I own and listen to? I wish it was that simple, but, I am... So ,regardless if you're okay with the ones you own and like, I am confused and emberassed, but I do still own and like the albums. Same with some of the U2 I own... This much I know. I owned their albums when they were released, so we're talking a long, long time ago. A time when Tattooo was the most recent Stones album, a time when Sandinista was a new album... A time when bands like Black Flag and Bad Brains were being discovered by me. The reason, it is emberassing to me, is U2 or Thwe Cure kinda contradict me, and they definitely raise the eyebrows of some of my closest friends... Actually, I've been given a decent amount of crap...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)