ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most Embarrassing Album You Own Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10th February 2008 11:29 PM
Sioux
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Move over.
Those were my first too.
Exact.
Go figure, girlfriend.

LJ.

Add "More Of The Monkees" to those and you have my complete Monkee collection from the 60's...OY!
10th February 2008 11:30 PM
Sioux
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Nothing embarrassing about THAT. I've got "Only The Lonely" on vinyl - another classic Sinatra platter.

Only The Lonely.....CLASSIC. Incredible album. I grew up with that one.
11th February 2008 02:48 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

yes I did, yet I have never owned a bon jovi album period.

You had to go there.. Slippery when wet, but THAt"S IT!

Photobucket
11th February 2008 07:14 AM
corgi37 I have a few howlers. I got Boz Scaggs high on my list. Not Silk Degrees, but the one after it. It sold about 4 copies world wide and was fucking horrible!

And yes, i had 3 Abba albums too!

Saturday Night Fever was a gift from a friend of my Mum's. I had to play it for her to show i "loved" it.

Let's see, what else...

Night. Remember them? 1 hit wonders. "Hot summer night" was the single. I bought it for that. Rest of the album was atrocious.

Can i put in Dirty Work??
11th February 2008 07:31 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Add "More Of The Monkees" to those and you have my complete Monkee collection from the 60's...OY!

OK, Sioux, come on over here and join LJ and me in the corner!
11th February 2008 07:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
robpop wrote:
Louder Than Bombs. The Smiths.

Eh?
11th February 2008 08:17 AM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Eh?

What? Do you want a copy?

11th February 2008 08:38 AM
Gazza LOL..No, just surprised at the inclusion of such a fine band in this 'category'. Maybe their music was 'Lost in Translation' ?
11th February 2008 09:26 AM
Some Guy I own Dirty Work.
11th February 2008 09:38 AM
Joey

Barbra Streisand ' Live at the Palladium ' ( circa 1967 ) .

11th February 2008 09:39 AM
Riffhard
quote:
robpop wrote:

I gotta tell ya I went and saw Morrisey with my girlfriend at the Hammerstien Ballroom in NYC back in October. I have been one to make fun of The Smiths and Morrisey in the past, but that show really turned my head around. He was very good, and his band was very tight. I have since found myself listening to The Smiths and some solo Morissey stuff in a completely new light.

His fans are entirely devoted to him. They were rushing the stage just to touch him. The fans that got on stage hugged him and held on like he was kind of messianic figure. It was a little strange. Great show though.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
11th February 2008 11:51 AM
zooeyglass Bobby Sherman: Here Comes Bobby

I hang onto it out of sentimentality [teen stoned years listening to it and laughing our heads off], but am so embarassed to have it that I keep it hidden in the record sleeve for a different album.
11th February 2008 12:16 PM
Sioux
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

OK, Sioux, come on over here and join LJ and me in the corner!

Sigh....save me a seat...
11th February 2008 01:07 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
robpop wrote:

Thats a great record and probably the best introduction to the finest band of the 80's.
11th February 2008 06:39 PM
robpop
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I gotta tell ya I went and saw Morrisey with my girlfriend at the Hammerstien Ballroom in NYC back in October. I have been one to make fun of The Smiths and Morrisey in the past, but that show really turned my head around. He was very good, and his band was very tight. I have since found myself listening to The Smiths and some solo Morissey stuff in a completely new light.

His fans are entirely devoted to him. They were rushing the stage just to touch him. The fans that got on stage hugged him and held on like he was kind of messianic figure. It was a little strange. Great show though.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]

A girl I was dating a while back wanted to go see Morrisey. So we went. I had no problem with that, since I have a few Smiths albums. Anyway the fucker (Morrisey not my date} cancelled a few minutes before the show. No hard feelings though. I got a full refund and had a great time at this Irish pub.
[Edited by robpop]
11th February 2008 06:47 PM
robpop
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Thats a great record and probably the best introduction to the finest band of the 80's.

I agree, but its not something you bring up amoung Stones fans.
11th February 2008 06:57 PM
glencar I still own the second Men At Work album. It's either called Cargo or that's an especially crappy song on it. Back in 1993, a burst pipe in my ceiling ruined many of my vinyls but that sucker was high & dry, to my chagrin.
11th February 2008 06:58 PM
glencar U2's "Pop" is still in its wrapper, as far as Cd's go.
11th February 2008 07:03 PM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
U2's "Pop" is still in its wrapper, as far as Cd's go.

Keep it there. The last one worth anything was "Rattle and Hum", and it was barely worth the effort.
11th February 2008 07:06 PM
Throwaway I think, that around age 9-12, no one can have fully developed their musical tastes. For example, some of us may have been sharp enough to enjoy the Stones and other top artists while young, but it's rare to find someone who doesn't give in to the popular trends of the time. For example, I got a Muddy Waters cassette for my 6th birthday, and I had some other good albums when I was young, but I also listened to some real shitty music, like this:

WHY?????
11th February 2008 10:08 PM
robpop Louder than Bombs has been bumped by this:

11th February 2008 10:20 PM
andrews27
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have a few howlers. I got Boz Scaggs high on my list. Not Silk Degrees, but the one after it. It sold about 4 copies world wide and was fucking horrible!

That was "Down Two, Then Left." What a piece of shit that was. Somebody told him he was a genius and didn't have to churn out formula anymore...
11th February 2008 10:22 PM
robpop oh, fuck I forgot about this gem

11th February 2008 11:47 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
robpop wrote:
Louder than Bombs has been bumped by this:

But you know Long Cold Winter was a great album right?
12th February 2008 12:41 AM
keithrichardsgirl Anything Morning Musume/ Hello Project.

http://wiki.theppn.org/Hello%21_Project
http://wiki.theppn.org/Morning_Musume

(It's embarrasing... but I'm proud.... Of course I have a seemingly bullet proof excuse. I'm a teenage girl.)
12th February 2008 01:35 AM
Stonesthrow Nobody admits to having an Eagles album? Where's Moonie when you need him?

Do 45s count? I have a 45 called Small Sad Sam by Phil McLean that was a takoff on the hit, Big Bad John by Jimmy
Dean (yes, the sausage guy). As a grown-up, I realize that acquisition was a definite mistake.
12th February 2008 02:31 AM
pdog
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Pdog, what is embarrising about The Cure?

While I have no problem with men wearing make up, they do need to know how to put it on correctly...lol!

Robert smith
12th February 2008 07:35 AM
Joey
quote:

corgi37 wrote:

... It sold about 4 copies world wide and was fucking horrible!

Dirty Work ?!
12th February 2008 07:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I think, that around age 9-12, no one can have fully developed their musical tastes. For example, some of us may have been sharp enough to enjoy the Stones and other top artists while young, but it's rare to find someone who doesn't give in to the popular trends of the time. For example, I got a Muddy Waters cassette for my 6th birthday, and I had some other good albums when I was young, but I also listened to some real shitty music, like this:

WHY?????

I think we have a winner. Fuck me, even amongst all the dross Louis Walsh has inflicted on the British public, they have to rank as the pits. Can there be anything worse than manufactured bubblegum 'Oirishness' ?
12th February 2008 08:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man Biwitched! LOL, I remember them!

Didn't they have a hit called Cest La V? Or something like that. Very fake Orishness!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)