ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese and Jagger Making Movie Return to archive
27th February 2007 06:37 PM
PartyDoll MEG LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese is joining forces with Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger to make a movie spanning three decades in the music business.

Scorsese, 64, who on Sunday won the best director Oscar for "The Departed," will direct "The Long Play" and work with Jagger and the British rocker's business partner Victoria Pearman to produce the film, Paramount Pictures said on Tuesday.

The Viacom Inc.-owned studio said in a statement that Jagger came up with the idea for "The Long Play" several years ago. William Monahan, who also won an Oscar for writing "The Departed," will write the screenplay.

This is not the first time that Scorsese and Jagger, 63, have worked together. They recently collaborated on a feature length documentary about the Rolling Stones, which will be released in the fall. Portions were shot during a two-night stand at New York's Beacon Theater late last year.

Jagger's production company, Jagged Films, has made such movies as the World War Two thriller "Enigma."

Together with Dave Stewart from Eurythmics, Jagger won a Golden Globe two years ago for co-writing a song for the remake of the movie "Alfie."
27th February 2007 06:41 PM
fireontheplatter great news indeed

the long play? what a dumb ass title. i much prefer...shine a light.
27th February 2007 06:43 PM
Some Guy cool.
27th February 2007 06:43 PM
pdog Long Play is a great title... LP, yeah!
Hopefully Jagger won't act in it...
27th February 2007 06:46 PM
Some Guy Freejack 2!
27th February 2007 06:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
great news indeed

the long play? what a dumb ass title. i much prefer...shine a light.

Shine A Light is the title of the Stones' documentary. The Long Play is a movie. Two seperate projects.

Riffy
27th February 2007 06:55 PM
Gazza This project was first mooted at least 2-3 years ago - maybe longer, it was around or just after Mick appeared in "The Man From Elysian Fields". I assumed it had been dropped as all had been so quiet for some time.

Apparently, Mick doesnt want the tour to continue into September - maybe his involvement in producing this movie is a possible reason
27th February 2007 06:57 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Shine A Light is the title of the Stones' documentary. The Long Play is a movie. Two seperate projects.

Riffy

oh?

neeevvvvverrrrrr mind .

i guess it gives me 2 things to look forward to then.
27th February 2007 07:07 PM
The Wick I say this hopefully, but it'll be nice to see Jagger at the Oscars.
27th February 2007 07:08 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

oh?

neeevvvvverrrrrr mind .

i guess it gives me 2 things to look forward to then.

you mean 3, you got AI tonight too!
27th February 2007 07:35 PM
Poison Dart Are we going to get some new Stones music out of this?
27th February 2007 07:40 PM
Gazza Probably about as much as we did out of "Enigma", I would imagine.
28th February 2007 11:36 AM
Gazza Rolling Stone Mick Jagger is set to collaborate with Martin Scorsese once again - on a new rock'n'roll film project entitled The Long Play.

Scorsese has described his idea for the film as a "rock'n'roll epic" and the script has been written by (US magazine) Rolling Stone writer Rich Cohen as well as Matthew Reiss.

The film synopsis follows two music business friends from the early days of R'n'B to contemporary hip hop.

Mick Jagger is already working with Scorcese on the Rolling Stones docufilm, United Stones, which is now in post-production. The Oscar-winning director followed the group on their A Bigger Bang Tour in the States last year.

Jagger has been busy lately producing various projects; one of which airs tonight on US station ABC. Jagger has produced and is the celebrity subject of a new comedy show, "Knights of Prosperity." Blue-collar workers plan to rob Jagger's '$52 million" apartment over the course of six-weeks.

The Stones are also working on the songs and music to soundtrack a new feature length animation film about a single mother living in New York City. "Ruby Tuesday" is expected to be completed in 2008.

www.uncut.co.uk

28th February 2007 11:57 AM
Saint Sway How much does Mick plan to charge for movie tickets?
28th February 2007 11:59 AM
Gazza $500 plus charges and parking - but if youre a model, you can sit in the front row as a paid 'extra'
28th February 2007 03:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
$500 plus charges and parking - but if youre a model, you can sit in the front row as a paid 'extra'

[Edited by Saint Sway]
28th February 2007 03:45 PM
jb If it's anything like Being Mick, Knights of Prosperity, or 4 Flicks, it will suck......(see David Cassidy's monster).
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)