ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keno update (good news) Return to archive
27th February 2007 05:37 PM
pdog http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp...12&P=0&T=210212

....and I didn't dig the place at all, glad to be back and happy I didn’t enter that valley!

I now know for sure of one way I don’t ever what to die; to think we loose so many of our elderly to pneumonia each year, that is not the way anybody should have to leave this Earth after so many years.

I had pneumonia once before, back in 1980, and from what I recall it was nothing like what I have now. Back then I only had it in one lung, and I don’t recall any such pain, just coughing a lot. This time both of my lungs were infected, plus the blood clot, had I not gotten to the hospital when I did, I might not have made it.

I was told by several doctors that you can’t get pneumonia any worst than what I had. I believe it!

My story is way too long to tell here, but Saturday the 17th was the day when I entered the hospital and the most painful day of my entire life. Little did I know that when they would release me, days too early, that I would suffer two more such days that week at home again (other than I did have some powerful pain pills to help me deal with it on those two days).

I ended up in the hospital that Saturday afternoon, in part thanks to my 6 year old grandson Cooper who was alone at home with me and help save me. He doesn’t want to hear any of that now, as he tells friends, “my granddad would have been just fine anyway, I just got Sherry to help him”

In a nutshell, I was found by Coop on the floor (don’t know how I got there), I was in great pain and could not breath and he ran for help. Jackie was out of town still and I was supposed to be taking care of Cooper and his brother, not the other way around.

At the hospital ER my heart rate was over 250 beats per minute! They started sticking IVs into me and kept saying over and over “we got to get his heart rate down now!”, in about 15 minutes they did and off for X-rays I went. I believe Jackie filled you in enough with the rest of the story.

After I got back from the hospital I could not move at all for the first two days. Jackie really saved me those days; I could not have made it without her. She did everything for me and I mean everything. I only this Saturday was able to talk again without getting sick and didn't even go near my computer till Sunday night - when I was finally feeling well enough to do so; I wanted to post to you Gassers then but didn't have the energy yet to.

I thank all of you for all of the kind words and well wishes in the threads below, you are all so very cool and special. So many of you wrote me emails too, and I will soon get back to all of you on those, but it might take some time. I don't plan on reading anymore posts here today as it is I'm still sick and real weak. In the emails I received, a few former Gassers wrote me, that was so cool to hear from them, and one current Gasser directed me to a thread at Rocks Off of all places, wishing me well. I was very surprised by that, I know you Gassers would show your support and love, but to see it over there was a bit shocking, because of that problem me and VC have had. Yet even he sent me well wishes, so I want to thank all of them over there at RO for that, from the bottom of my heart. All of your kind words helped me, believe me, even if it took several days to read it all.

Okay, I can’t write anymore. I will have a lot of catching up to do in the next few weeks and not sure when I will post again, but my goal for now is to have new polls up this Sunday night, as long as I keep improving.

Again, thanks to all of you for sending your love my way, believe me; I’m happy to have such wonderful friends and family – both on and off line.

Love

Keno
27th February 2007 05:43 PM
fireontheplatter rocking good news
god speed to you fellow stones fan
27th February 2007 06:27 PM
nankerphelge Glad to hear it!
Thanks for the update PDog!
27th February 2007 06:29 PM
Joey

Stay Strong My Cyberfather
27th February 2007 07:11 PM
tumbled Keno you don't knowme but I have been an admirer of your lyrics board for solong and I am so glad you made it back you must have a fierce will to live and you are an inspiration in that regard.

Please take very good care of yourself.
27th February 2007 07:14 PM
Gazza Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery. Stay well, Keno.
28th February 2007 12:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man Really glad to read this!

Get well soon Keno

Alex
28th February 2007 02:02 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Glad yer back Keno!!
28th February 2007 06:29 PM
glencar Wow, he's still hard to read but glad all is better.
28th February 2007 08:23 PM
GotToRollMe Ah...good news! Stay on the good foot, Keno.
Thanks for posting this, pdog.
28th February 2007 09:10 PM
Prodigal Son That's great news to hear. I hope Keno makes a full and speedy recovery. Back in the days when I still posted at Gasland, he was a real dependable help and a guiding force. It wasn't easy posting on a board with so many adults and stones fans that frankly thought I was a little annoying prick. I didn't know why, though I somewhat understand why now. So it took some maturation and internet savvy before I shaped up and Keno was a great help through all the times I wanted to just quit being a member of the stones net community. He's a great guy and a cyber guru to me!
1st March 2007 07:10 AM
Factory Girl Keno, I'm so glad that you're feeling better!

Many Hugs,

FG!
1st March 2007 10:20 AM
glencar Don't think he reads here, FG. Something to do with bandwidth...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)