ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger and Kaballah Return to archive
26th February 2007 06:15 PM
stalemate97_2006 I have learn that Mick is a very interested in Kaballah

Do you have more information ??
26th February 2007 06:25 PM
SweetVirginia In a Times (UK) article in 2005, Jerry Hall said she and Mick had investigated Kabbalah, but:

'We couldn't go through the door of miracles unless we gave them 10 per cent of our money,' she sighs, 'so we stopped going.'

26th February 2007 06:27 PM
Lethargy That's pretty funny! I like Jerry.

quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
In a Times (UK) article in 2005, Jerry Hall said she and Mick had investigated Kabbalah, but:

'We couldn't go through the door of miracles unless we gave them 10 per cent of our money,' she sighs, 'so we stopped going.'

26th February 2007 06:46 PM
fireontheplatter what is kaballah?

does one drink it or %&)@# it?
26th February 2007 06:51 PM
lotsajizz it is a foul, evil cult
26th February 2007 08:31 PM
texile i think it was passing interest on jagger's part...
much too cynical for that crap.
in fact, jerry's quote sounds like something mick probably said first...lol
she's got these great soundbites i always suspected were straight from jagger's mouth.
26th February 2007 08:53 PM
Taptrick From: beatlescoffeeshop.com

"Paul, the other Beatles and Mick Jagger were on the way to Bangor to attend a weekend lecture on transcendental medition by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.Many fans were at the station hoping to see their idols and in the chaos that ensued a rather over zealous policeman stopped John Lennon's wife, Cynthia, boarding the train, mistaking her for a fan. Cynthia had to be driven to Bangor instead. Two days later The Beatles trip to Bangor was cut short when it was announced that Brian Epstein, The Beatles' manager, had been found dead in his home in London. The Beatles immediately left Bangor when hearing the news and returned to London. "

There's a few other cool photos out there but I can't seem to locate them currently.

[Edited by Taptrick]
27th February 2007 12:02 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
texile wrote:
i think it was passing interest on jagger's part...
much too cynical for that crap.

I think Mick is too cynical to be taken in by bullshit (read: Kabbalah Centre) but too intelligent, inquiring and iconoclastic to ignore the framework of the Western Esoteric Tradition (read: Qabalah).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qabalah
27th February 2007 03:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think it's natural that Jagger was at least going to contemplate this crap. It happened in '67 with Maharishi Mahesh and he's still going to investigate whats cool with today's elite.
27th February 2007 06:23 AM
prism He's interested in the "mystical" element of all religions, Hinduism especially. That's what he once said when asked about his inspiration for Goddess in the Doorway. The "mystical" element first intrigued him in the 1960's when he was on LSD and discovered the Kali goddess painting which gave him the idea for the Rolling Stones tongue logo. Keith approved of Kali, as she has many skulls dangling from her naked body.
27th February 2007 07:45 AM
glencar I have joined a Kabbalah Center as a way of "giving back" to the Kewish people.
27th February 2007 07:50 AM
lotsajizz didn't Kaballah challenege Speed and the Mach 5?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)