ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen covering 'You Can't Rock Me' in '74 Return to archive
25th February 2007 07:41 PM
Chuck 'IF You Can't Rock Me'---sorry, my bad.

It's on Dime now!

Artist: Van Halen
Venue: Gazzari's Club
City/State/Country: W. Hollywood, CA, USA
Date: Feb. 1974, sometime in 1975

Source: Soundboard, VG+
Lineage: ???>CDR(?)>EAC(secure/offset)>WAV>FLAC

Setlist:

1. Chevrolet (ZZ Top) 3:43
2. Maybe I'm A Leo (Deep Purple) 2:42
3. We All Had A Real Good Time (Edgar Winter) 3:25
4. Walk Away (James Gang) 4:40
5. Can't Get Enough (Bad Company) 4:05
6. If You Can't Rock Me (Rolling Stones) 3:17
7. Might Just Take Your Life (Deep Purple) 3:44
8. Make It Last (Montrose) 5:50
9. Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith) 6:42
10. Twist And Shout (Isley Brothers) 2:50
11. The Grind (Tommy Bolin) 3:43
12. Tush (ZZ Top) 2:42
13. Trampled Under Foot (Led Zeppelin) 7:28
14. Stone Cold Sober (Rod Stewart) 2:01
15. Jean Genie (David Bowie) 1:52
16. Keep Playin' that Rock 'N' Roll (Edgar Winter) 1:36
17. Get Down Tonight (KC and the Sunshine Band) 2:25
18. Walk This Way (Aerosmith) 1:20
[Edited by Chuck]
25th February 2007 10:23 PM
Jethrostone Wow they did a lot of covers before they were signed! I see that Montorse is on there. Sammy sang for that band. I think that's pretty ironic. LOL.
25th February 2007 10:38 PM
sirmoonie Fuck Yup! And a Gasland former friend of mine once sent me some bits of it - it was typical Van Halen, riffs, great beat, and a singer who knew how to play - kick boat in other words.

Despite all the Van Halen chatter around here these days - and its hard to tell which is a bigger joke, the chatter or today's Van Halen - there was once upon a time, my friends, when they were the coolest boogie niggie white boys in the U.S. Van 1 to 6, the riffs and raunch don't stop coming, IMPingO. Love it, love it, love it!
25th February 2007 10:48 PM
Fiji Joe Covering KC and the Sunshine Band...they're so...well...they're so...let's just say Tim Hardaway hates em'
26th February 2007 01:35 AM
Throwaway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Covering KC and the Sunshine Band...they're so...well...they're so...let's just say Tim Hardaway hates em'

"I don't like Van Halen and I don't like to be around Van Halen fans. The reunion shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."
26th February 2007 01:53 AM
pdog
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

"I don't like Van Halen and I don't like to be around Van Halen fans. The reunion shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Word on street, Eddie read Sways comments and was so hurt, he crawled back under his rock...
27th February 2007 11:17 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

Word on street, Eddie read Sways comments and was so hurt, he crawled back under his rock...

a few minutes later, he then took said rock, and smoked it.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)