ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Đ Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nicky Hopkins Header Return to archive
24th February 2007 03:31 PM
Bruno Great to see the "sideman" that I consider the best one. Nice shot of a man I think should be remembered more.

And what a thin man!

[Edited by Bruno]
[Edited by Bruno]
24th February 2007 03:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We was both, a tin man and a thin man!
24th February 2007 06:36 PM
glencar I think the dog outweighs Nicky! Then again, the dog's not doing heroin!
24th February 2007 06:53 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the dog outweighs Nicky! Then again, the dog's not doing heroin!

GhostOfBrianJones posted that Nicky had Crohn's Disease.

[Edited by gypsy]
24th February 2007 06:55 PM
glencar Oooh. I know someone who had that.
24th February 2007 07:07 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oooh. I know someone who had that.

I bet you feel like a dick now, huh?
Just kidding.
24th February 2007 07:12 PM
Erik_Snow Happy birthday Nicky!
Very nice header!
24th February 2007 08:03 PM
Mathijs
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Nicky had Crohn's Disease.

And was addicted to heroin from '71 until '84. But this is a bit lame. Nicky Hopkins was encredible thin already at 16, before he developed Crohn disease and before he became a heroin addict.

Mathijs
24th February 2007 08:12 PM
glencar Well, many guys are incredibly skinny at 16. I think the addiction & disease are what kept him skinny into his 30's. Yes, I'm quite sure of it!
24th February 2007 09:04 PM
Bruno
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Nicky had Crohn's Disease.

Didnīt know that. Iīm feeling quite awkward now for my remark about his shape.
24th February 2007 09:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nicky's career was interrupted in May 1963 by a real lengthy hospital spell, for a total of eighteen months in the hospital with between other symptoms: stomach trouble, which eventually resulted in him losing his gall bladder, his left kidney and suffering a collapsed lung. This tragic situation stopped Nicky's career for more than eighteen months as he relaxed at home after the hospital long-stay as he was suffering also from exhaustion and emotional problems: he was inactive from May 1963 to early 1965.
25th February 2007 01:10 AM
Dan "Angie" by Nicky Hopkins/Andy McCoy

Killer version, totally ragged guitars and vocals yet the piano is perfect. It's even better than most Stones live versions.
25th February 2007 05:42 AM
guitarman53 I loved his playing, especially on "The Song Is over" (Who's Next)& "Jigsaw Puzzle", when I first saw this header, I thought it was a girl, then I thought it might be Michael Cooper, R.I.P. Nicky, you were a fantastic musician.
Here's some information on him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Hopkins
Nicky Hopkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
25th February 2007 12:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl There's some unaccurate or mixed information there, check this for more and more accurate research, in fact is linked in the wikipedia link you gave us

http://www.rocksoff.org/nicky.htm
25th February 2007 03:16 PM
mac_daddy
26th February 2007 11:06 PM
GhostofBrianJones Excuse me Voodoo, I thought Nicky did have Chrone's Disease. It was what
I gathered at the time I was searching the internet to see what was the real
cause of his death. I was not aware he was a heroin user. Were there any
references to Nicky having Chrone's Disease at all? I apologize for the misinformation, I thought I had it correct.
27th February 2007 09:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In fact he had Crohn's Disease between some other; what I posted was the problems he had at the beginning of his career, he was always sick. I'm not sure about the period in which he used heroin, he was also a heavy drinker in the mid 70s. This is his obit from "Rolling Stone Magazine" (you can find many articles and more info in my page, my research has been focused in his activities as musician and not his private life, diseases, addictions or stuff like that

27th February 2007 10:36 PM
Bruno Voodoo/Gazza/anyone who knows:

Did the Stones pronounce by the time Nicky died?
28th February 2007 11:59 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As far as I know no, the Stones didn't attend the funeral or anything but I am NOT sure, I say this because the only reference I have was that it was intimate and never heard about some of the Stones attending.

Bill Wyman recorded with Nicky in 1994, the year he passed away; but with the Stones his last sessions were in 1979 so he was not connected with them for 15 years
28th February 2007 09:04 PM
Bruno Thanks!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)