ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: comforted by the Stones Return to archive
24th February 2007 02:56 PM
thejuf Dear everyone,
My dad is in hospital and in a very poor state. I just hope he will be able to continue his fight for life, as his kidneys and weak heart seem to be giving up. He is staying in hospital in an intensive care unit.

It is amazing how much comfort the Stones always seem to give both in good and in difficult times.... I ve been playing them all day, burning a candle and that feels so good..... All my Stones friends seem to agree: Whenever you need support , play the Stones, very loud!!!

How about the rest of you?

24th February 2007 02:58 PM
Gazza ah jeez.

Very sorry to hear that, Pauline. I hope he pulls through. Stay strong.
24th February 2007 02:59 PM
thejuf cheers, darling.
24th February 2007 06:40 PM
glencar Hope it all works out...
24th February 2007 06:45 PM
pdog stay strong...
24th February 2007 06:47 PM
glencar I just got some good news about a family member who seemed really ill earlier this year.
25th February 2007 07:57 AM
Bob Tamp Music has a funny way to southe your soul. Hang in there, and may good lord shine a light on your dad and your entire family.
25th February 2007 08:37 AM
fireontheplatter i hope your father feels better soon

i don't have any money or a full time job i don't need the agrivation i'm a lazy slob
25th February 2007 08:46 AM
GotToRollMe I really hope your dad pulls through. Hang in there, kid.
25th February 2007 09:28 AM
LadyJane The Stones are medicine.
Been sayin that for years.

Best wishes to you and your Dad.

LJ.
25th February 2007 11:30 AM
gimmekeef Best of luck to your dad..hope he stays strong....Gold Rings on him!.....
25th February 2007 12:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man Saddend to read this. Heres hoping a full and speedy recovery is on the cards
26th February 2007 07:35 AM
thejuf thanks everybody! it is nice to know that so many people (incl. the Stones!!) give us so much comfort.
there has been no major change in my dad's situation, yet he seems a bit more stable. Kidneys seem to take up their work, although on a very limited scale. they took him off the dialysis machine, which is kind of good. His heart, lungs and bloodpressure though are still very poor .

My dad doesn't like the music of the Stones , yet he has always admired them for their achievement and he adores Charlie's jazz, so I promised him last month I would take him to see Charlie's jazzband one day. I just hope that will come true.

Again, thanks for all your thoughts,love, sympathy and prayers. I am sure my dad appreciates it! Anyway, as to my brother and myself, we can use all the support. And to anyone who is in the same boat: try to keep up the good spirits, however difficult that may be. After all, health is all that matters.
So play some good Stones music, it helps, or as LadyJane has phrased it: STONES ARE MEDICINE!!!!

Pauline, thejuf

26th February 2007 07:51 AM
FotiniD Hey Pauline! Had my dad in ICU two years ago, so I can relate to what you're going though. Keep thinking positive thoughts and don't give up! I'm wishing to you, your dad and your family all the very best and a speedy recovery!
26th February 2007 02:13 PM
texile my prayers are with you....

years ago, my mom was diagnosed with cancer -
everything turned out great...
but during those weeks, all i listened to was exile...
and i hadn't really been into the stones in years.
their music turned out to be a great solace -
i knew i loved the stones but its amazing when you realize how much thier music really gives you spiritually...

'sometimes i wanna light a candle for ya..'
26th February 2007 04:28 PM
Some Guy God bless you.
26th February 2007 04:47 PM
Joey
quote:
thejuf wrote:

It is amazing how much comfort the Stones always seem to give both in good and in difficult times.... I ve been playing them all day, burning a candle and that feels so good..... All my Stones friends seem to agree: Whenever you need support , play the Stones, very loud!!!

How about the rest of you?

Stay Strong thejuf................................

Stones is Stones ----- BEST STONES YET !!!!!!

26th February 2007 06:53 PM
Soldatti All the best.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)