ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Plant says that he and Page are out of touch Return to archive
22nd February 2007 03:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Thursday, February 22, 2007
Robert Plant says that he and Jimmy Page are out of touch
The Rock Radio

Robert Plant says that, although there's no bad blood between him and Led Zeppelin co-founder Jimmy Page, the two have fallen out of touch. Plant spoke to Britain's Mojo magazine, who asked him if the he and Page, who co-wrote most of the band's most popular material, are still in contact. Plant said, "No. I'd like to talk to him but I never do. Lives change. The unfortunate thing is that whenever John (Paul Jones), Jimmy and myself meet up, the points of reference are always about the past. If there wasn't any previous triumph then we probably wouldn't be in touch."

We asked Plant why he hasn't been gung-ho for a full scale Led Zeppelin reunion: "It's not that I've been obstructive. It's just that it meant what it meant when it meant it, and beyond that there was no story, and with John's (Bonham) passing and all that stuff, it was gone. There's no need for it."

Led Zeppelin's drummer John Bonham died on September 25th, 1980. On December 4th, 1980, the band announced that they had broken up.

Since disbanding, the Plant, Page and Jones have reformed live three times as Led Zeppelin; On July 13th, 1985 at Live Aid in Philadelphia with Tony Thompson and Phil Collins on drums; on May 18th, 1988 at the Atlantic Records' 40th anniversary concert at New York's Madison Square Garden with John Bonham's son Jason Bonham on drums; and on January 12th, 1995, when the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with Jason Bonham again filling in for his dad.

Plant and Page reformed as a duo in the mid '90s and released two albums, the live album No Quarter: Jimmy Page And Robert Plant Unledded and 1998's studio set Walking Into Clarksdale. The two also toured and performed a Zeppelin-heavy setlist.

Robert Plant is currently recording his latest solo set in Nashville.
22nd February 2007 10:02 AM
Lavendar Thanks for the heads UP!

Ya think they would LOVE to play together!
22nd February 2007 11:38 AM
Saint Sway
22nd February 2007 04:13 PM
Mel Belli Remember how Page pooped out of the Crowes tour because of a bad back? I mean, say what you will about Keith -- the guy bounced back from brain surgery!
22nd February 2007 05:23 PM
Throwaway The Crowes/Page DVD I have (Greek Theatre in LA) is top notch. Audley, Rich, and Pagey trading licks on You Shook Me is hard to top!
22nd February 2007 05:31 PM
fireontheplatter i love the mighty zep. i really don't think they will tour again as led zepplin tho, because it would have happened by now.
plant has lost his high notes when he sings and that was his signiture mark back in his day.

how could you go see a show without expecting ...WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY DOWWWWWWN INSIDE....WOMAN UUUUUUUUU NEEED IT..LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEE without hearing the fucker wail

lord i was dancing with a lady in black
26th February 2007 12:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
The Crowes/Page DVD I have (Greek Theatre in LA) is top notch. Audley, Rich, and Pagey trading licks on You Shook Me is hard to top!

Sick Again!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)