ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour "Indefinitley Postponed" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
21st February 2007 06:34 PM
Saint Sway Mazel Tov/Captain Must Win Gross
22nd February 2007 08:45 AM
Some Guy

[Edited by Some Guy]
22nd February 2007 11:12 AM
Joey " This was the last time the Stones actually played and sounded like the Stones..."

22nd February 2007 11:46 AM
Some Guy GUNS N' ROSES: There Is 'No Official Release Date' For 'Chinese Democracy' - Feb. 22, 2007

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES associate Del James has released the following update on the status of the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy":

"The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

"There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along."

Rose announced in December on GUNS N' ROSES' official web site a "tentative" March 6 release date for "Chinese Democracy". In the posting, Rose also revealed he had split with longtime manager Merck Mercuriadis due to disagreements over the set up for the album release.

"Chinese Democracy" is the first GUNS N' ROSES album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident". In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.
22nd February 2007 11:49 AM
Saint Sway laughable, yes. But the GNR news still pales in comparison to the VH circus, Tater.
22nd February 2007 11:50 AM
egon This thing has TITANIC written all over it...
22nd February 2007 11:51 AM
Some Guy yes, dumbass material all the way.
22nd February 2007 11:52 AM
mojoman double bill of gnr and vh? monsters of cock
22nd February 2007 03:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Also notable was Eddie stopping in the middle of his Eruption solo, laying down on stage and telling the audience in a slurred voice, "I'm sorry folks, I done run outta gas." He lay there for several seconds before standing back up and continuing. At the end of the bands final show of the tour, in Tucson, Eddie smashed one of his guitars on stage and quickly walked off stage.

Dude is done.
22nd February 2007 03:22 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

homeless?
22nd February 2007 03:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
yes, dumbass material all the way.

speaking of...

Any chance of a Picasso Brothers reunion?
22nd February 2007 04:34 PM
WinslowStud sway - do you not like VH or what?
22nd February 2007 04:37 PM
Some Guy
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
sway - do you not like VH or what?

When Sway does karaoke on Thurs nights he requests Hot For Teacher and lets it all hang out.
22nd February 2007 05:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

When Sway does karaoke on Thurs nights he requests Hot For Teacher and lets it all hang out.

FYI... its "Runnin With The Devil". And its performed in full spandex with Nung Chucks, sabres and Kung Fu chops.

I do not take karaoke lightly.
22nd February 2007 06:00 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

FYI... its "Runnin With The Devil". And its performed in full spandex with Nung Chucks, sabres and Kung Fu chops.

I do not take karaoke lightly.

archaic references lost on younger posters.
22nd February 2007 06:06 PM
Rodney_King i remember during my beating, the cops were screaming "this one's for cherone!" and OU812 was blaring on the transistor radio.
22nd February 2007 06:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Rodney_King wrote:
i remember during my beating, the cops were screaming "this one's for cherone!" and OU812 was blaring on the transistor radio.

22nd February 2007 06:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

archaic references lost on younger posters.

22nd February 2007 06:55 PM
fireontheplatter i don't give a fuck

a scrap of fles and a heap of bones
22nd February 2007 07:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I like that right there, thanks.
[Edited by Some Guy]
22nd February 2007 07:16 PM
mojoman where's the beef
22nd February 2007 08:46 PM
doo doo doo Dude New Dave interview from the LA Times:

Van Halen's road plans have taken a rocky turn
By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
February 23, 2007

For Van Halen, the stars seemed aligned for a triumphant 2007. Next month, the group will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the plan was to follow that with a summer reunion tour that would feature David Lee Roth back at the mike for the first time since the Reagan years.

But, once again, the backstage soap opera of Van Halen is the story of the day.

The Van Halen tour has been "shut down," according to a top official at Live Nation, the huge concert promoter that finally surrendered in the face of the chaos surrounding guitar hero Eddie Van Halen. Roth, meanwhile, says he is unsure whether the mercurial guitarist will even travel to New York for the Hall of Fame induction on March 12.

"We have fragile politics in Van Halen; please accept that as a partial answer," Roth said. "But I don't know if the Van Halens are going to go....I hope they do, but right now, I just don't know. Hope springs eternal."

Eddie Van Halen declined interviews through his publicist and girlfriend, Janie Liszewski. Conversations with the business team behind the tour paint a picture of a rock star who is somewhere between Axl Rose and Michael Jackson on the music industry scale of eccentric recluses. The result is that the Van Halen venture imploded before takeoff, even as the Police, the Eagles and Genesis have efficiently geared up for lucrative reunion tours.

"I cannot tell you how frustrating and completely nuts this has been," one key business figure in the tour said while asking not to be identified on the outside chance that the reunion might be salvaged. "Right now, I have to say, I don't see that happening."

It's a disheartening situation for the fans who pine for a Roth-led lineup of the iconic metal band. Among those devoted is Wolfgang Van Halen, the 15-year-old son of Eddie and, according to Roth, a key force behind the reunion.

Wolfgang, a precocious musician, was "the maestro" at the reconstituted band's lone rehearsal, picking the set list and using his iPod to remind his father of the nuances of his solos on the old albums. Wolfgang was tapped by his father to play bass on the tour too, replacing founding member Michael Anthony, a jolting choice considering the child's age and Anthony's status as one of rock's best backup singers and most relentlessly cheerful presences.

Eddie Van Halen remains, by all accounts, a gifted guitarist and rock auteur, but the decision to jettison Anthony in favor of a teenager may have been the first sign that the new enterprise was guided by creaky logic. Now all eyes will be on the Hall of Fame banquet to see who shows up, who performs and how Roth interacts with old rival Sammy Hagar, the man who replaced him as lead singer in 1985 and who will be inducted as an equal.

On Valentine's Day, when the tour still looked viable, Roth was all smiles as he sat down for an interview in a bungalow at Chateau Marmont. The 52-year-old was wearing a snappy black suit and the short haircut that has recently replaced his old pro-wrestler cut. He still flashes a karate smile, but the singer seems calmer and more focused than in years past. The reason, he said, is that he's fresh from working as an emergency medical technician in New York. It's a longtime dream of his to be a paramedic, and the unglamorous gurney and rubber-glove duty humbled him, he said.

"I was working in neighborhoods that were almost exclusively black and Spanish-speaking, so only maybe twice out of 200 clients was I recognized.... I was joking about this in the truck on New Year's Eve, which was my last shift — I was working in Brooklyn, down in Coney Island — I said that I've been in more project apartments than Jay-Z and Diddy combined."

Roth was the rock frontman on top of the world when he went solo, but — as Mick Jagger and Robert Plant also learned — fans treasure him more when he was side-by-side with an equal on guitar. Roth seemed like a vainglorious sex panther in Van Halen, but on his own he often came off as a relentless jive salesman whose only product was his own past. Roth is still "on" all the time — he calls it his "incandescent personality" — but lately he comes off as the voice of reason, a pretty stunning change.

That, and the financial prospects, made him jump at the chance to work with Eddie Van Halen again. Of the old days, he says: "There was a lot of sparks and a lot of tension, like your favorite movies, especially those underground ones.... There was a lot of anxiety too, but it was about ambition, not ego."

Roth was optimistic that the band would follow up the tour with new music; he also pointed to the cache of 1996 recordings that he did with Van Halen during an earlier reunion flirtation. Now it appears the entire output of this new reunion was a single rehearsal in January and a photo shoot with Roth and Eddie, Wolfgang and Alex Van Halen. Alex is Eddie's older brother and the band's drummer.

"Hearing it again, that's an elixir.... What we sell is that we make all the guys feel young and invincible and all the girls feel young and desirable," Roth said. "I watched it happen to everybody that was listening in the studio."

Van Halen was a monster of rock and, for a time, arguably the biggest band in the world. According to the Recording Industry Assn. of America, Van Halen albums have shipped more than 56.5 million copies, which is more than the career totals of U2, Celine Dion, Shania Twain or Prince.

Roth said that he and Anthony will be in New York for the Hall of Fame, as will Hagar, the affable "red rocker."

Last month, Hagar publicly chided Eddie Van Halen for taking his son on tour. He also added that "the guy is a genius, but he's just out there and it's hard for people around him."

In 2004 and 2005, Van Halen toured with Hagar and, according to Pollstar, grossed $55 million playing arenas. But Hagar said that Eddie Van Halen was drinking heavily and, on some nights, it showed. In Chicago, Eddie stumbled throughout the set and, at one point, quit playing and sacked out, telling the crowd: "I done run outta gas."

There were tender scenes too. With the tour winding down in Los Angeles, for instance, Wolfgang came on stage at the Staples Center to play. The body language of father and son made it clear that they reveled in the shared spotlight. Roth said that that affection led to the hopes for the Van Halen reunion.

"I'm going to put some words in Ed's mouth," Roth said. "Whatever explanation he may give about having his son in the band, I'm going to superimpose: He wants to play with his kid while he's still at the top of his game and able to ... and that's also the same reason I'm in the band in its current configuration. No questions asked. He said, 'Hey, c'mon up the hill and make some music.' I said, 'Great. I'd love to play with you while you're still on the top of your game.' "

Roth smiled, but a moment later, when he was asked about what he feared most about the reunion, he didn't hesitate with his answer: "The two worst words in the English lexicon are 'band meeting.' "
23rd February 2007 11:40 AM
Saint Sway every single word of that story is hilarious!

EVERY SINGLE WORD!

EVERY S-I-N-G-L-E WORD!

I'm going to go back and re-read again it for kicks

TOO FUNNY
23rd February 2007 12:16 PM
Lethargy Next question: who's more pathetic: VH or Britney Spears?

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
every single word of that story is hilarious!

EVERY SINGLE WORD!

EVERY S-I-N-G-L-E WORD!

I'm going to go back and re-read again it for kicks

TOO FUNNY

23rd February 2007 12:23 PM
Some Guy dudes are f*cked.
23rd February 2007 12:30 PM
Poison Dart Eddie Van Halen must be in a very dark place when David Lee Roth sounds like the voice of reason.
23rd February 2007 12:34 PM
Saint Sway "I done run out of gas." ~ EVH, 2007 and on....

[Edited by Saint Sway]
23rd February 2007 12:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Next question: who's more pathetic: VH or Britney Spears?

heres a recent pic of Eddie & Britney
23rd February 2007 02:19 PM
Anonymouse
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

heres a recent pic of Eddie & Britney

Hey Buddy, whats doing.

Say, is hating Eddie a cosy hobby of yours, your new lifestile, or are you just another Mark Chapman?

You don't wear a gun with you, do you
23rd February 2007 02:56 PM
Some Guy there were those that were predicting this tour would be bigger than star wars.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)