ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Đ Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This is,most likely my goodbye! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th February 2007 03:19 AM
marko So,the time has come.Iīm selling our BOTH computers,other
one is allready sold,new one,will go soo.
So nomore internet life for me.Iīm VERY fed up with this kind of life.Computers rules your life,way too much,i was a
LOT happier without these fuckers,same goes to phones.This
may sound too over reacting,but thats the way it it.
Iīm also so fed up with STONES,that i have better ways,and
better things to do,that sit behind a stupid looking screen
and write about things,we really donīt know about.
Me&and my wife,are going to buy a house,they cost a LOT in
Helsinki area.Lifes too expensive at the moment,i must get rid off ALL my credit cards.House prices starts here around
140000euros,but you have to repair it.The one what were looking for,costs now 135 000,its good price,there i can
start my modelrailroad again,wife,Annie cóuld get her own
karaoke room.
I also have problems with my lungs,not sure is it astma
or not,this can be very serious,or then not.Iīve had daily
headaches nearly past 3months,so something is wrong.
However,i will need laptop i guess,we have to pay the bills.Here,really noone goes to bank anymore,except if you
need a loan.
As what comes to music,stones mainly,they have become old
boring farts,who doesnīt know their own katalog,which is
their biggest mistake of all,what shame!
Not whining about set lists,but guy(s) who doesnīt know own
songs,should really quit.Thats not enjoyable to listen.
I donīt mind mistakes either,theyīve been there.
But i do mind,when a guitarist plays half of the song nicely,then gets completely lost.I donīt wanna hear,or SEE
that.
I have over 1000 shows,from the past,to remind me how great
everything was.
Iīm also fed up with downloading/uploading.Its a good way to get some music,but somehow i prefer the old way.
Along the years i traded,i got to MEET some ex persons,i made great friends,not uploading/downloading doesnīt give
you nothing in person,as music is supposed to.
I want get back,how it was.Someways,i will do that.
Best things about computers,is,that i got to meet my friends in USA,and some in europe.
Computer has become a substitute for TV,that really sucks
these days.Theres absolutely nothing.Its even worse than
computer.
But this doesnīt mean,that wonīt come back to states again.
I donīt know,or even care,what you think about my whining.
But i came here during fall 1999,and thats a LONG time.
So tought,this is the right place to start,and end.
20th February 2007 04:36 AM
Gazza I can sympathise with how you feel, but hopefully you'll check in from time to time.

You've contributed a lot of great stuff to this site and helped spread a lot of music

And take care of your health, you crazy bastardo
[Edited by Gazza]
20th February 2007 05:45 AM
Jumacfly Bye bye Crazy Bastard

the good people of RO will miss you.
thank you for all you made for us during all those years: the trees and your great compilation (can t remember the name but I still listen to it in my car!!)

take care, enjoy your new life and please phone home sometimes

cheers
jU
20th February 2007 06:39 AM
FotiniD I usually don't like the "goodbye" threads, but Marko, this is one of the very few I actually understand and sympathise with. Life has changed in a lot of ways due to the internet, and not all of them are that good. We're losing touch with each other despite the new ways of keeping in contact.

So all the best of luck! Be happy and healthy and I'm positive you'll be 100% okay. Get your check-ups done, all the best of luck with the new house and enjoy the real life
20th February 2007 06:43 AM
Nellcote Thanks for the great tunes you provided.
Here's hoping all goes well for you.
as was once sang..."On With The Show-Good Health To You"
20th February 2007 07:00 AM
lotsajizz never say never

we hope to see you back in happier times

20th February 2007 07:04 AM
LadyJane I can sympathize more than you know, Marko.

Concentrate on YOU and get your health checked.

A wise Jewish lawyer from South Florida used to tell me all the time "real life is so much more important that all of this, LJ." He was/is right.

Take care.

LJ.
20th February 2007 07:30 AM
Maxlugar Goodbye Marko.

It was great to meet you in Cleveland!

I hope you get that laptop and at least shoot off an email every now and then.

20th February 2007 07:57 AM
Factory Girl Hey Marko,

It was great to meet you in WDC with SS.

Please take care of your health.

You know, you can take a break from Internet, without throwing it all way.

I guess I'm hoping that you just need a break...like we all do sometimes.

Thanks for sharing the music, you crazy bastard!

Hugs,

FG!
20th February 2007 08:25 AM
BILL PERKS I MISS IAN BILLEN
20th February 2007 08:41 AM
gimmekeef In simple terms I believe its called.."Getting A Life"...best of luck!
20th February 2007 09:07 AM
egon I just bought a new pc so it looks like i'll be staying a bit longer.

All the best Marko!
20th February 2007 10:10 AM
jb Hello Marko(and everyone else!!!)....It was very nice to meet you and SS, albeit very briefly, in DC . As my friend LadyJane said, there comes a time when real life situations hit home, and you realize how relatively unimportant all this other stuff is. That is not to say that the Stones and this board do not play an important and sometimes vital role in our lives, but it always must be put in perspective when compared to issues such as one's health, family, and economic situation. I myself, have had little time as of late to post, but I will never forget the great friends I met through this board, and will cherish those memories. Like you, I certainly am frustrated at times regarding the overall product-I hated ABB(and as you know, hopelessly stuck in the "Taylor era"). Notwithstanding the foregoing, I can honestly say, by and large, I would not trade any of the concerts I attended these past few years.....the experience of meeting such warm and generous people, as well as seeing a band that still, on any given night, could make me feel like they were still the greatest, can never be replaced. I trust, like me, after some time off, you will visit occasionally. Moreover, as hard as is is too accept, the Stones, like us, are human. I certainly do not feel the same way I did when I was 20, and we can't expect the band to be the same as they were during those "golden years"...I have reluctantly come to the realization that there will never be another "Exile", that Ronnie and Keith will never play as well as they did even as late as 1994, and that Mick will butcher songs like "Sway" and allow people like Justin Timberlake, to take the stage with them.
Nonetheless, all of us here at "Rocks-Off" love this band , warts and all. We also love the extended "stones" family this board has facilitated. I wish you and your family the best and certainly hope you health takes a turn for the better. All my best-JB.
20th February 2007 10:20 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Hello Marko(and everyone else!!!)....It was very nice to meet you and SS, albeit very briefly, in DC . As my friend LadyJane said, there comes a time when real life situations hit home, and you realize how relatively unimportant all this other stuff is. That is not to say that the Stones and this board do not play an important and sometimes vital role in our lives, but it always must be put in perspective when compared to issues such as one's health, family, and economic situation. I myself, have had little time as of late to post, but I will never forget the great friends I met through this board, and will cherish those memories. Like you, I certainly am frustrated at times regarding the overall product-I hated ABB(and as you know, hopelessly stuck in the "Taylor era"). Notwithstanding the foregoing, I can honestly say, by and large, I would not trade any of the concerts I attended these past few years.....the experience of meeting such warm and generous people, as well as seeing a band that still, on any given night, could make me feel like they were still the greatest, can never be replaced. I trust, like me, after some time off, you will visit occasionally. Moreover, as hard as is is too accept, the Stones, like us, are human. I certainly do not feel the same way I did when I was 20, and we can't expect the band to be the same as they were during those "golden years"...I have reluctantly come to the realization that there will never be another "Exile", that Ronnie and Keith will never play as well as they did even as late as 1994, and that Mick will butcher songs like "Sway" and allow people like Justin Timberlake, to take the stage with them.
Nonetheless, all of us here at "Rocks-Off" love this band , warts and all. We also love the extended "stones" family this board has facilitated. I wish you and your family the best and certainly hope you health takes a turn for the better. All my best-JB.

Postin above the rim.
20th February 2007 11:00 AM
rocker marko,

this post is very perceptive. indeed computers are very addicting and they erode away at what it means to be human. I think you made agood decsion, perhaps i will do the same one day as well.
20th February 2007 11:01 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
So,the time has come.Iīm selling our BOTH computers,other
one is allready sold,new one,will go soo.
So nomore internet life for me.Iīm VERY fed up with this kind of life.Computers rules your life,way too much,i was a
LOT happier without these fuckers,same goes to phones.This
may sound too over reacting,but thats the way it it.
Iīm also so fed up with STONES,that i have better ways,and
better things to do,that sit behind a stupid looking screen
and write about things,we really donīt know about.
Me&and my wife,are going to buy a house,they cost a LOT in
Helsinki area.Lifes too expensive at the moment,i must get rid off ALL my credit cards.House prices starts here around
140000euros,but you have to repair it.The one what were looking for,costs now 135 000,its good price,there i can
start my modelrailroad again,wife,Annie cóuld get her own
karaoke room.
I also have problems with my lungs,not sure is it astma
or not,this can be very serious,or then not.Iīve had daily
headaches nearly past 3months,so something is wrong.
However,i will need laptop i guess,we have to pay the bills.Here,really noone goes to bank anymore,except if you
need a loan.
As what comes to music,stones mainly,they have become old
boring farts,who doesnīt know their own katalog,which is
their biggest mistake of all,what shame!
Not whining about set lists,but guy(s) who doesnīt know own
songs,should really quit.Thats not enjoyable to listen.
I donīt mind mistakes either,theyīve been there.
But i do mind,when a guitarist plays half of the song nicely,then gets completely lost.I donīt wanna hear,or SEE
that.
I have over 1000 shows,from the past,to remind me how great
everything was.
Iīm also fed up with downloading/uploading.Its a good way to get some music,but somehow i prefer the old way.
Along the years i traded,i got to MEET some ex persons,i made great friends,not uploading/downloading doesnīt give
you nothing in person,as music is supposed to.
I want get back,how it was.Someways,i will do that.
Best things about computers,is,that i got to meet my friends in USA,and some in europe.
Computer has become a substitute for TV,that really sucks
these days.Theres absolutely nothing.Its even worse than
computer.
But this doesnīt mean,that wonīt come back to states again.
I donīt know,or even care,what you think about my whining.
But i came here during fall 1999,and thats a LONG time.
So tought,this is the right place to start,and end.

Baby Marko ?!

Why ?!

WHY ?!

'kins !
20th February 2007 11:06 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I MISS IAN BILLEN

Perks ...................................................
20th February 2007 11:07 AM
nankerphelge You crazy bastard!

Take a break.
Smoke a little.
Get some ass.
Then get back to it will ya!
20th February 2007 11:30 AM
parmeda Marko...first and foremost, please take good care of yourself and never take your health for granted.

Good luck to you and your family. Happiness comes to those who realize sacrifices have to be made.

Much love to you for your graciousness and generosity to me these past few years. I will never forget your kindness. Hang onto my email address and please keep in touch
~p
20th February 2007 11:33 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You crazy bastard!

Take a break.
Smoke a little.
Get some ass.
Then get back to it will ya!

Amen My Brother ...........................

********* Sniff *************

I smell Ass around here .......

.....I DO !

Marko ---- one crazy , mad , play - the - friggin - track , one motherfriggn cool bastardo .

' kins ! , Established 1999

[KINS!]

[Edited by Joey]
20th February 2007 12:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man Very saddened to read this along with the Keno news. Again, Marko, you are one of the true originals and were a favourite poster of mine from the old Gas, Gas, Gas message board days. Thank you very much for the packages you've sent me over the years.

I just hope one day you'll get your situation sorted and we'll all get to see your like again!

Alex
20th February 2007 12:14 PM
glencar Goodbye, Marko. I agree with you that too much "computering" takes us away from real life & I've taken steps to post less & spend less time on this thing.
20th February 2007 12:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Moreover, as hard as is is too accept, the Stones, like us, are human. I certainly do not feel the same way I did when I was 20, and we can't expect the band to be the same as they were during those "golden years"...I have reluctantly come to the realization that there will never be another "Exile", that Ronnie and Keith will never play as well as they did even as late as 1994, and that Mick will butcher songs like "Sway" and allow people like Justin Timberlake, to take the stage with them.

We must win gross!
20th February 2007 12:15 PM
Phog Best of luck, Marko. I hope your health improves and you live a long life in your new house. Much respect to you.
20th February 2007 12:21 PM
CraigP Noooo! This is sad, sad, sad.

Think twice about it. Just limit your time on the computer. Put a timer on the power plug, anything.

I'd rather get rid of my television.
20th February 2007 02:20 PM
Fiji Joe Good luck Marko...
20th February 2007 03:10 PM
sirmoonie Cheers Marko!

C10!

Your the best Finnish Stones fan who likes to piss out windows that I ever met in my whole entire life!
20th February 2007 03:14 PM
Some Guy Best Wishes, you even got jb to do a drive by.
20th February 2007 03:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Best Wishes, you even got jb to do a drive by.

Some Guy ..............................................

Baby Marko is a Charter Member of the C10

Word .
20th February 2007 04:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
Baby Marko is a Charter Member of the C10

archaic reference lost on younger posters?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)