ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Alamy with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fox's answer to the Daily Show on Sun Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st February 2007 09:53 AM
oldkr a professor once told me if you're not a communist when you're 18 there is something wrong with your heart. If you're still a communist when you're 28 there is something wrong with your head!

it's all part of growing up. Stop hating the rich kids, let them have their opinion they're as entitled to it as you are to yours. Unless you're an extremist that is.

OLDKR
22nd February 2007 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
a professor once told me if you're not a communist when you're 18 there is something wrong with your heart. If you're still a communist when you're 28 there is something wrong with your head!

it's all part of growing up. Stop hating the rich kids, let them have their opinion they're as entitled to it as you are to yours. Unless you're an extremist that is.

OLDKR

100% correct Oldkr(BKRROTN)......the rich or well to do support most of the LOSERS in this country!!!
22nd February 2007 10:07 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct Oldkr(BKRROTN)......the rich or well to do support most of the LOSERS in this country!!!

Geffen dumped The Clintons....
23rd February 2007 12:43 AM
oldkr both ZING and OUCH pdog!

OLDKR
23rd February 2007 01:33 AM
glencar Geffen has always been good at spotting losers & dumping them early...
23rd February 2007 10:21 AM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
I like Ann because she usually is on target & abcks up her assertions.

That line has had me laughing for a week!

BTW, even I don't read DU.
23rd February 2007 10:52 AM
jb Fox, while still ahead in the ratings, has been losing the important 25-45 age demographics to shows like "Countdown" on MSNBC. Fox's desperation is reflected in the completely bias manner in which they are covering the democrats running for president. They are fearful of Hillary, and even more so of the phenom that is Barack Obama. Brit Humes hatchet job on John Murtha, a former marine, was about as low as it goes. Also, O'Rieley went on Oprah to rehab his image after his ridiculous comments about the teenage boys kidnapped ...after realizing his words were clearly offensive, he relied upon a term (child sexual abuse accomadation syndrome) to cover his offensive comments about these two young boys.Fox News, as anyone with a high-school education can ascertain, is not fair and balanced, but rather, skewed way to the right...To suggest CNN, or any of the major networks come even close to the Fox
bias is simply another rationalization by the righties to justify Fox's blatant partisan coverage. While it worked in 2004(Fox single handedly kept the Swift Boat attacks alive), it was rejected this past November. The country , by and large, sees that the republicans play the same fear hand every time, and are fed up with it. "Support the troops" has little meaning when we see the horrors they are coming home to as far as care(see Walter Reed horror stories). The unfortunate part of this is that real threats, like Iran, N. Korea, China, etc cannot be addressed b/c of our loss of credibility in the world, as well as our military being completely strechced to the brink. Fox News ultimately, will go the way of Joe McCarthy....people will reject their vitriolic view of anybody who does not carry the RNC talking points.
[Edited by jb]
23rd February 2007 10:55 AM
glencar Joshy, FOX's owner, one Rupert Murdoch, held a campaign fundraiser for Hillary lasy year & the coverage in his NY Post has been, howe you say, adoring...
23rd February 2007 10:56 AM
glencar And BTW I read a blurb in the NY Times yesterday that this new FOX show equalled the ratings of the Daily Show. 1.6 million or so for both. The new show doubled the ratings of a typical Sunday night on FOX. I'd say the show will stick around.
23rd February 2007 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, FOX's owner, one Rupert Murdoch, held a campaign fundraiser for Hillary lasy year & the coverage in his NY Post has been, howe you say, adoring...

The fund raiser was a smart move as Hilary is a powerful senator who can help Murdock in his media endeavors. He shortly afterwards stated he did not support her...is was at best, a smart business move as he saw the dems were going to be back in power.
23rd February 2007 11:02 AM
glencar Joshy, I need to send you a copy of the NY Post. They are in love with Cankles.
26th February 2007 05:21 AM
corgi37 All the wing nut bloggers are turning on themselves too. The wonderful Debbie Schlussel went into meltdown recently when Sean Hannity "Stole" her research about some Imam. Michelle Malkin is making a total dick of herself doing bad impersonations of other blogges. And now the neo-cons are "doing comedy". I swear Ann Coulter has a 5 o'clock shadow! This "conservative" comedy ide is so odd. Sounds like it belongs in Branson, Missouri.I prefer them frothing at the mouth over gay marriage & "San Francisco" values. And boy, i can't believe in 2007 people still fear communism! Shit, i'd am more scared of Pilgrim era religious wacko's desiring to burn every one at the stake.

Here in Oz, it is rapidly falling apart for the old men of the right. The winds of change, taking a very long fucking time i might add, have finally started to be felt. Cheney was here, and apart from 1 protest, no one really gave a stuff. The Prez is lame, so what does that make Cheney? It the whole GOP lame? From what i've read on the many right wing blogs i go to, many Republicans just dont what they represent any more. Same is happening here. Our new opposition leader is going real well, and proving a difficult target. We have elections here in in Nov, and though it would be a major turnover for our crusty old Gov't to be ditched, it CAN happen. The God fearing vote is down as many people are pissed off with David Hicks being locked up in GITMO for 5 yrs with still no trial. The Greens are gathering real strength and with a probable plan of placing preferences with the opposition party in the seat of "Bennelong", there is a real chance that even if our conservative Gov't is elected, the Prime Minister wont be as he can very well lose his seat!

And can some one tell me for God's sake what the fuck Dennis Miller is doing??
26th February 2007 12:19 PM
Jumping Jack You heard it first right here, the 2008 slogan for the Dems is:

Hil-muliation
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)