ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones/Wyman releases for US people Return to archive
March 1st, 2005 09:43 PM
Soldatti Rolling Stone
. . . Two long out-of-print ROLLING STONES albums, 1975's greatest-hits collection Made in the Shade and 1981's rarities collection Sucking in the Seventies, will be released by Virgin/EMI on April 5th . . .
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7069178/fionaapple?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion

Bill Wyman's last album "Just For A Thrill" is out today on the states.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007OY41U/qid=1109720891/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-5919226-6456752?v=glance&s=music
March 2nd, 2005 02:33 PM
glencar Wyman set list:

1. Disappearing Nightly
2. Roll 'Em Pete
3. Down Home Girl
4. Mississippi Flyer
5. That's How Heartaches Are Made
6. Booty Ooty
7. Cadillac Woman
8. Town Living
9. This Aint United Nations
10. Memphis Woman
11. Taxman
12. Just for a Thrill
13. Cry Baby
14. You Don't Know
15. Hit the Road Jack [Live][*]
16. Georgia on My Mind [Live][*]
March 2nd, 2005 02:46 PM
gimmekeef I had heard Bill was doing a remake of the Beatles 'I Saw Her Standing There"...with one change in the vocals...She was just 13 when I saw her standing there.....
March 2nd, 2005 02:49 PM
Joey " I had heard Bill was doing a remake of the Beatles 'I Saw Her Standing There"...with one change in the vocals...She was just 13 when I saw her standing there..... "

<--------------- Funny ! ... An Outstanding Post ... Please feel free to take the rest of the day off !

March 2nd, 2005 02:50 PM
glencar Bill's daughters are now about 13. Joey, you should call him up & see what's "happening."
March 2nd, 2005 02:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bill's daughters are now about 13. Joey, you should call him up & see what's "happening."

Blue .....................

You give Joey idea
March 2nd, 2005 02:53 PM
glencar You knew I would.
March 2nd, 2005 04:54 PM
Gazza well..if it wasnt you it would have been Maxy!
March 2nd, 2005 04:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well..if it wasnt you it would have been Maxy!

March 2nd, 2005 08:11 PM
Soldatti Billboard

Stones, Mellencamp Remastered For Reissues

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. March 02, 2005, 4:00 PM ET

A selection of remastered catalog titles from the Rolling Stones and John Mellencamp will be making their way into stores in the coming weeks.

In Mellencamp's case, the first volley of "Definitive Remaster" reissues is due March 29 from Universal Music Enterprises and Island/Def Jam. The releases are timed to coincide with his Words and Music U.S. tour that will kick off March 23 in Savannah, Ga.

Each disc will boast one previously unreleased track in packages boasting lyrics and complete original artwork. All but one of the initial five re-releases bear the name John Cougar, a moniker forced upon the artist early in his career against his will.

Originally released only in the U.K. and Australia, Mellencamp's third album as John Cougar, 1978's "A Biography," will see its first release in the United States. The album boasts the artist's breakthrough single, "I Need a Lover," released Stateside the next year on "John Cougar," and is augmented with the U.K. single version of the song.

"John Cougar," his first album to reach Billboard's album chart (peaking at No. 64), and 1980's "Nothin' Matters and What If It Did" (No. 37 peak) add the previously unreleased songs "Take Home Pay" and "Latest Game," respectively. The 1982 No. 1 smash "American Fool" -- which boasts the hits "Jack & Diane" and "Hurts So Good" -- adds the previously unreleased title track.

With 1983's "Uh-Huh," the artist began to take back his name, billing himself as John Cougar Mellencamp. The new "Definitive" version of the album, which topped out at No. 9 on the album chart, adds a B-side acoustic version of the hit "Pink Houses."

The Stones discs, due April 5 from Virgin/EMI Music Catalog Marketing, are popular compilations that have been out of print in the United States for some time.

Conceived as a career overview to advance a North American tour, 1975's "Made in the Shade" collects 10 tracks from the first four Stones albums. The album, which peaked at No. 6 on Billboard's album chart, includes "Brown Sugar," "Dance Little Sister," "Angie" and "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)."

As its title facetiously alludes, "Sucking in the Seventies" was a 1981 look back at the previous decade of Stones output, with hits like "Shattered," "Wild Horses" and "Beast of Burden" joined by then rarities like the B-side "Everything Is Turning to Gold" and a live version of "When the Whip Comes Down." The set peaked at No. 15 on the album chart.

Over the past few months, the Stones have been working on material for a new album expected in late summer/early fall via Virgin. A world tour will follow.

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000825813
March 3rd, 2005 05:17 AM
IanBillen
Thank you Soldatti,

Virgin is really pushing those old releases in order to make up for no new studio effort. I like Made in The Shade. Sucking in The Seventies is of the...not so quality stuff in The Seventies.

Ian
March 3rd, 2005 09:42 PM
Soldatti Made In The Shade was the first album for many Stones fans too.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood