ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Channel 4 Return to archive
March 1st, 2005 08:26 AM
Monkeytonkman Now, my memory isn't what it used to be, so i'm wondering if anyone here who might be a bit longer in the tooth than me can remember a TV show that was on Channel 4 a good few years ago.

I have a very faint memory of a show which was questioning whether the Stones could lay claim to being the Worlds greatest rock 'n' Roll Band, with a reporter presenting evidence which suggested that they might have been once, but are no longer relevant.

can anyone out there remember this show? I think it must have been about fifteen years ago, so I won't be surprised if no one has.
March 1st, 2005 10:20 AM
Gazza Yep..it was a series of shows called "Without Walls - J'Accuse.." and one week it was 'devoted' to the Stones. It was presented by ex-NME journalist and general, 'trendy, right-on' leftie pain in the arse Sean O'Hagan.

In short, it was a bag of shite.
[Edited by Gazza]
March 1st, 2005 10:23 AM
Joey " Now, my memory isn't what it used to be, so i'm wondering if anyone here who might be a bit longer in the tooth than me can remember a TV show that was on Channel 4 a good few years ago..... "

!!!!!!!!!

March 2nd, 2005 03:36 AM
Monkeytonkman Gazza, thanks so much for that, it's been bugging me for years.

nice one dude!
March 2nd, 2005 02:30 PM
glencar This was done years ago & O'Hagan didn't like the Stones back then? Damn.
March 2nd, 2005 03:36 PM
Gazza in the words of a Mr Zimmerman, "I wouldnt feel so all alone.."

NME journalists of that era basically hated everyone who earned more than about £5,000 and whose politics may have been suspected of being anywhere to the right of the bastard offspring of Karl Marx and Vanessa Redgrave..

March 2nd, 2005 03:52 PM
glencar I thought the US media was bad!
March 2nd, 2005 04:20 PM
Gazza They are!!!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood