ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help with Rolling Stones DVD's... Return to archive
March 1st, 2005 04:41 AM
Eric923 Sup guys,

I remember a while ago I watched this Stones documentary, and in it they were playing Wild Horses in the Studio room. All I remember from that scene was that Mik sang his heart out, and the studio room was white inside. Anyone know the name of the documentary and whether it's on dvd?

I'm also looking to get a good Rolling Stones Concert on DVD. My two favourite songs of theirs are Wild Horses and Angie. Anyone have any good recommendations on what dvd's have the best live performances of these two songs with great guitar performances?

Thanks for the help.
March 1st, 2005 04:49 AM
Jumacfly I guess you talk about the stripped DVD..a great one you can download or find on the web...
Cheers
Ju

ps: welcome to the asylum...
March 1st, 2005 05:06 AM
Eric923 Sup Jumacfly,

So I guess I wouldn't be able to buy the progrom (stripped dvd) on an original dvd?

Besides the above, are there any good live performances of Angie or Wild Horses on DVD that you'd recommend me getting?

Thanks man.
March 1st, 2005 05:21 AM
Jumacfly they re both played on this DVD , if you liked the stripped versions you will find them here, exactly the same
March 1st, 2005 08:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Eric923 wrote:
Besides the above, are there any good live performances of Angie or Wild Horses on DVD that you'd recommend me getting?

Four Flicks man.
March 1st, 2005 11:53 PM
Eric923 Sup,

Thanks for the help. What exactly do u mean by "stripped dvd". I presume I'm not able to buy it in a shop and have to download the program?

So the Four flicks has good performances of Angie and Wild Horses? Maybe I should check them out too. It says that the concerts in the 4 flicks were recent. I'm whether the earlier, younger Stones performances would have been better.

thanks for the help guys.
March 2nd, 2005 04:32 AM
MRD8 The Ganja DVD called LA Blues contains the July 11, 1975 LA Forum show in decent quality...they play electric versions of Wild Horses and Angie, quite a bit different than they do them on Four Flicks!
March 2nd, 2005 09:01 PM
Soldatti The Angie's version is available on Live Licks too, it's good but miles away of the best. I didn't like Wild Horses too much, the song didn't work on the last tour IMO.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood