ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LITTLE RICHARD UK TOUR 2005 Return to archive
February 27th, 2005 04:22 AM
WolfgangG LITTLE RICHARD UK TOUR 2005
23.04.05 - Glasgow, Scotland - Clyde Auditorium
24.04.05 - Newcastle, England - City Hall
25.04.05 - Edinburgh, Scotland - Usher Hall
26.04.05 - Halifax, England - Victoria Theatre
28.04.05 - Nottingham, England - Royal Concert Hall
30.04.05 - Liverpool, England - Olympia
01.05.05 - Manchester, England - Bridgewater Hall
02.05.05 - Cardiff, Wales - St. David's Hall
03.05.05 - London, England - Royal Festival Hall
04.05.05 - Brighton, England - Brighton Centre
05.05.05 - Torquay, England - Princess Theatre
07.05.05 - Ipswich, England - Ipswich Regent
08.05.05 - Wolverhampton, England - Civic Hall

Also:

CHUCK BERRY
11.04.05 - London, England - The Forum

BO DIDDLEY
17.04.05 - London, England - The Forum
18.04.05 - Dublin, Ireland - Vicar Street
February 27th, 2005 11:49 AM
kath what amazing guys!!!! and nobody flicks them any shit about being "wrinkled rockers"....
February 27th, 2005 12:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Little Richard is a legend, as you all know even the Rolling Stones were his opening act, etc, etc.

However, he's still sorry for firing Jimi Hendrix; the reason was simply because Jimi was the main attraction of his very own set and the audience became more attracted to Jimi than his outlandish way to play the piano.

But if I can see him live I will for sure, so enjoy his show is pure rock and roll.
February 27th, 2005 05:43 PM
Make It Funky Voodoo.. I disagree.. I think that Richard was pleased to have let Jimi go from the Flames band. Richard as you said, is not one to be upstaged, and if Richard is going to be upstaged, his job is obsolete. So it would be for the benefit of firing Jimi that would assist Little Richard's performance/ego/stage control. I also think that Richard was happy for Jimi's success later on in the sixties - for Richard can only have played a part in the rise of Jimi through hiring (and subsequently) firing him. I don't think that Richard holds any grudges what-so-ever.

I have seen Richard twice, and as eccentric and as outlandish as he is... I think you need to see him if you havent. Otherwise, he's a bit washed up, and you end up laughing AT him.

by the way, Little Richard is one of my favourite artists of all time. Him and Chuck are the shit.

Cheers mate.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood