ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie at the Irish Awards Return to archive
February 26th, 2005 05:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Snow Patrol are from Belfast but now based in Glasgow
Snow Patrol were the big winners in Ireland's top music honours, the Meteor Awards, picking up accolades for best Irish band and album on Thursday.
The Belfast-born, Glasgow-based band collected the prizes at the ceremony at Dublin's Point Theatre.

Westlife won the award for best Irish pop act, voted for by the public, beating former member Brian McFadden.

Franz Ferdinand picked up best international band and album while Paddy Casey collected best Irish male.

Singer-songwriter Casey beat Brian McFadden and Damien Rice. Juliette Turner was named best Irish female.

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood joined The Thrills on stage

In the international categories, Morrissey beat Eminem, Usher and Robbie Williams to best male while PJ Harvey pipped Kylie Minogue, Joss Stone, Anastacia and Natasha Bedingfield to the female crown.

The 8,000 fans at the ceremony were treated to performances from US rapper Snoop Dogg, Brian McFadden with Delta Goodrem and The Thrills featuring Rolling Stones star Ronnie Wood.

Snow Patrol's success came after a year in which they made a chart breakthrough with their third album Final Straw.

"I think a lot of bands should go through a wee bit of a kicking before the make a success," singer Gary Lightbody and drummer Jonny Quinn said.

"It has been good for us, but also hard for us over the past six years."

Snow Patrol will support U2 on their European tour later this year - but U2 were not nominated for best Irish band and album.

February 26th, 2005 05:46 PM
Gazza The show is being broadcast on Network 2 in Ireland tomorrow evening (hopefully including Ronnie's performance)
[Edited by Gazza]
February 26th, 2005 07:29 PM
glencar Snow Patrol is one of the worst band names I've ever heard! Hope the music is better.
February 28th, 2005 04:47 PM
gimmekeef But I heard Snow Patrol are big in Canada eh?
March 1st, 2005 07:55 PM
Gazza The Thrills played a couple of songs, bringing Ronnie on for their final number, a lengthy cover of "Maggie May".

The vocal was a bit high for the singer's voice I thought, but Woody was fine, concentrating more on playing than farting about. He knocked out a couple of nice solos. His performance was definitely better than his cameo on the same song at the Rod Stewart Royal Albert Hall show a few months ago
March 1st, 2005 08:05 PM
luxury1 THanks for the report Gazza. I am relieved to hear ROnnie was trying to play more than goof around. I guess Charlie wasnt kidding when he said Ronnie has the attention span of a gnat.
March 1st, 2005 08:25 PM
SheRat And what are Snow Patrol like?

I agree, stupid name.
March 1st, 2005 09:02 PM
Gazza they're actually not bad

Maybe a little too melancholy for me to get excited about personally, but I've heard a lot worse
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood