ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tour opening? Return to archive
February 24th, 2005 05:13 PM
voodoopug Stonesdougs site (www.shidoobee.com) is reporting strong rumors of the tour opening at Fenway Park in Boston. I hope this comes to be true!
February 24th, 2005 05:21 PM
Dan Once the rumor gets posted on a non-Stones board, then its as good as confirmed.
February 24th, 2005 05:23 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Stonesdougs site (www.shidoobee.com) is reporting strong rumors of the tour opening at Fenway Park in Boston. I hope this comes to be true!

They opened in Boston last time ......

Highly Unlikely they would ' Do it Again ' !

Look for either DENVER ( PCenter ) or OMAHA ( QWEST Center ) to host the tour opener .

Word .

" He's Stantz Ronnie ! "

J. ™

[ Edited by Joshy ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 24th, 2005 05:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Stonesdougs site (http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm392.showMessage?topicID=32.topic) is reporting strong rumors of the tour opening at Fenway Park in Boston. I hope this comes to be true!

February 24th, 2005 06:05 PM
Bob Tamp It would be great. Im only 30 minutes away.

Fenway has now had concerts by Springsteen, and Jimmy Buffet. Stones playing Fenway would have more headlines than the opening at the Fleet Center. AND BOSTON LOVES THE STONES
February 24th, 2005 06:23 PM
Gazza I think its WAY too early to get a definitive city and venue for the start of a tour

Dates of concert schedules tend to be organised way in advance, but the actual itinerary gets changed frequently long before (and sometimes after) any official announcement (case in point, the '89 US tour which was supposed to start in Buffalo, but after the press conference was changed to Philly on 31st August with Buffalo not getting a show until two weeks later)

I dont know where Doug heard the 'rumour' from, but I hope its not from the same guy who modestly calls himself "The Source" and who posted the same rumour on IORR a few days ago. Thats the same guy who for most of the winter at the end of 2003 was insisting ad nauseam that he KNEW that the Stones would be touring America again from March 2004. Yawn.

Would it be easy to get a week at that venue (which would be needed to construct a stage and then dismantle it afterwards) during the baseball season? I know Springsteen played two shows there in early September 2003...

The smart money until now seems to have been on an arena tour of North America with some smaller shows. Therefore, too many things in this story dont really add up in this scenario, but I guess anything is possible. Personally, I hope it's wrong and they're going to avoid stadiums. I've no great desire to pay through the nose to see the Stones in a stadium again.

For the record, my own 'source' reckons around September 6th as a start date based on the schedules available...

Hopefully, unlike the ludicrous "Trocadero, Philly Feb 2005" story from a few months ago, people wont be jumping to book flights or hotel rooms for a while yet
February 24th, 2005 06:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

They opened in Boston last time ......

Highly Unlikely they would ' Do it Again ' !

they opened two tours in a row in Philadelphia (1981 and 1989)

I think one thing that's likely from past form is that the city chosen as opener will be in the north or north east. Much easier to transport equipment and personnel (not to mention play outdoor shows if needed) if you're in somewhere like California or Texas in November/December than if you're playing in Canada or New England.
February 24th, 2005 10:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hopefully, unlike the ludicrous "Trocadero, Philly Feb 2005" story from a few months ago, people wont be jumping to book flights or hotel rooms for a while yet

I remember the two/three weeks with that rumour around, that therad here got 350 replys or so!
February 25th, 2005 10:38 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they opened two tours in a row in Philadelphia (1981 and 1989)

Gazza .................................

Don't forget about " Acoustic Groove " performing at THE BRAZEN HEAD on March 18th & 19th .

What time can I expect you as Meghan wants to have your pint ' ready ' for you ...............?!?!?!

Developing ..........................

Jazzy ! ™

[ Edited by Joshy ]
[Edited by Joey]
February 25th, 2005 10:47 AM
J.J.Flash The tour will start in Philly......
February 25th, 2005 10:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza .................................

Don't forget about " Acoustic Groove " performing at THE BRAZEN HEAD on March 18th & 19th .

What time can I expect you as Meghan wants to have your pint ' ready ' for you ...............

Developing ..........................

Jazzy ! ™

JJJJJJJJOey......will you be taking a "good Luck" dump before next weeks big voodoo pugs showcase????
February 25th, 2005 10:53 AM
J.J.Flash Joey.....

I've missed your posting lately dude.....

Hope everything is fine.

Any word from Steel?
February 25th, 2005 10:54 AM
Nellcote Ask Ian Billen
or SERGEY
February 25th, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Joey.....

I've missed your posting lately dude.....

Hope everything is fine.

Any word from Steel?

Hello J.J. Flash , My Dearest Stonesian Brother ....

I secretly hope that the Rolling Stones open up their next tour in South America ....... you guys are long overdue !!! Word !!!!

Oh , and Central America too !!!!

Baby Joshy & Baby Steelie have made the ' transition ' .

Joeykins ! ™
February 25th, 2005 11:52 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello J.J. Flash , My Dearest Stonesian Brother ....

I secretly hope that the Rolling Stones open up their next tour in South America ....... you guys are long overdue !!! Word !!!!

Oh , and Central America too !!!!

Baby Joshy & Baby Steelie have made the ' transition ' .

Joeykins ! ™

Regarding our Josh, I happen to believe that it has something to do with lack of motivation.....

It's friday by the way........

February 25th, 2005 07:41 PM
rogerriffin i think that south america its right to open the next tour, in case that they make a southamerican tour, of course....

So the better opening its in Argentina, later Brasil, next Mèxico, later Usa, Canada, and Europe, China, India, Australia and back to London to make the final show of their career....
February 25th, 2005 07:56 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
To make the final show of their career....

*Sigh* It ain't gonna be their last show unless you're sure Mick, Keef or Charlie snuffs it at the end of this tour. I can't stand all that talk about this upcoming tour being the last. I mean: How can you tell???
February 27th, 2005 05:38 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i dont care where their tour opens just as long as they come to dallas sometime along their tour. do yall think theyll come to dallas?
[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]
February 28th, 2005 11:05 AM
Joey " i dont care where their tour opens just as long as they come to dallas sometime along their tour. do yall think theyll come to dallas? "

Oh , Hell Yes !!!!!! --- " American Airlines Arena " in Dallas , TX is the Gold Standard .

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/
February 28th, 2005 09:50 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Joey wrote:
" i dont care where their tour opens just as long as they come to dallas sometime along their tour. do yall think theyll come to dallas? "

Oh , Hell Yes !!!!!! --- " American Airlines Arena " in Dallas , TX is the Gold Standard .

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/

i love you joey. you just put a huge smile on my face. you got my hopes really up so if the stones dont come to dallas, ill take all my anger out on you. j/k
March 2nd, 2005 03:06 PM
Joey " i love you joey. you just put a huge smile on my face. "

Come to Joey .............................

Together we can look at my pictures of Heavyweight Boxing Champions .

" you got my hopes really up so if the stones dont come to dallas, ill take all my anger out on you. "

That is what I'm here for ..............W- W- W- What ?!?! .....Oh , Sure ! :

" He's a real nowhere man,
Sitting in his nowhere land,
Making all his nowhere plans
for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,
Knows not where he's going to,
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere man, please listen,
You don't know what you're missing,
Nowhere man, the world is at your command.

He's as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Nowhere man can you see me at all?

Nowhere man, don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry,
Leave it all 'till somebody else
Lends you a hand.

He's a real nowhere man,
For nobody.
for nobody.
For nobody..........( fade to Baby Steelie ) "
March 2nd, 2005 03:09 PM
glencar Who is Baby Steelie again?
March 2nd, 2005 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who is Baby Steelie again?

Blue .........................................

You coming to see THE STONES with me at our Brand Spanking New , State - of - the - Art , Twenty - Two Thousand Seat , QWEST CENTER ARENA ?!?!?!

It might very well be the Tour Opener !

Word !

" Stones Rule You PUNK ASS , YA FRIGGIN PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

Jacky T. ! ™

[ Edited by Sean Penn & Burscee ]
[Edited by Joey]
March 2nd, 2005 08:46 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Joey wrote:
" i love you joey. you just put a huge smile on my face. "

Come to Joey .............................

Together we can look at my pictures of Heavyweight Boxing Champions .

" you got my hopes really up so if the stones dont come to dallas, ill take all my anger out on you. "

That is what I'm here for ..............W- W- W- What ?!?! .....Oh , Sure ! :

" He's a real nowhere man,
for nobody.

He's as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Nowhere man can you see me at all?

Nowhere man, don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry,
Leave it all 'till somebody else
Lends you a hand.

He's a real nowhere man,
For nobody.
for nobody.
For nobody..........( fade to Baby Steelie ) "

lol. you are everything but a nowhere man
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood