ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Boston Garden - July 19, 1972
© Unknown hero with thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
Check his new batch!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Author Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 25th, 2005 09:45 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
exile wrote:

"He wanted to leave on top of his game. I wish I could have been more supportive of his decision," she said. "It was a problem for us."

he missed the boat by about 25 years on that one
February 25th, 2005 11:13 PM
BILL PERKS KATH-YOU ARE A TREASURE IN THIS DESERT..HOPE YOU CAN FIND THE WILL AND STRENGTH TO FIND A WAY THROUGH IT.
February 26th, 2005 12:21 AM
kath oh i don't think it's imminent. there have been a couple times when i was very close. sometimes it just takes going to sleep and waking up the next morning and seeing that some little change or twist of fate has made the whole thing different. sometimes i get a little magical gift. the most recent is a 7 year old dachshund who came to live with us. broken home, mom had to move to apt and can't have dog. so i got this incredible little bundle of personality named shnitzel (well, his name was "buddy" when i got him, but he didn't anser to it, so i figured what the hell....). he is learning his name and he is a joy to have around. he absolutely refuses to let me alone unless i take him for at least one LONG walk around the park. so he gets me out of the house a lot more often than i did before.

little stuff like that can keep me going for a while. but the pain is always there, and i cannot even begin to describe it. except for the roach clips on nerve endings...that IS what iit feels like. but no, i'm not talking about doing it now. i'm just saying it's always an option for me. maybe the last one, but it's there.
February 26th, 2005 01:25 AM
exile
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
he missed the boat by about 25 years on that one

thats true enough. He never really wrote anything quite as good as Fear and Loathing. however there were definitely flashes of brilliance which always kept me reading.

My favourite was the story I think its from Great Shark Hunt where he and Ralph cover the Americas Cup. They row out to the Australian yatcht and start to sparypaint FUCK THE POPE on the side, guards overhear the ballbearing being shaken in the can and start the alarms and floodlights. Fucking hilarious.

His greatest writing was the description of getting pulled over by the highway patrol in F&L....its all probably bullshit but mesmerising
February 26th, 2005 10:07 AM
Martha
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hi Martha!!

KOL this Saturday!!!

Hey FG! That's TODAY!!!! Have a blast for me tonight darlin'!

:-)
February 26th, 2005 10:17 AM
Martha kath, darlin' your package is ready to go out! I'll put it in the mail on Monday (need your addy).

Do you have a DVD player? Most of what I am sending to you is on a DVD-R format. :-)

Peace hugs and love,
Maaaaaaaaartha!

February 26th, 2005 12:57 PM
kath i pm'd the address to you..thanks!!
March 2nd, 2005 11:29 AM
BrotherM Hats off ash canon salute to Hunter Thompson holy/Unholy Scribe of the 3rd Teatament Apocalypse now. For great tributes etc. by freinds & brothers & sisters in creative arms i highly recommend www.tappingmyownphone.com
March 2nd, 2005 11:34 AM
BrotherM
oops sorry thats 3rd TESTAMENT! no teatment...feck!
On TMOP site click picture of moses in a cowboy shirt & you will see hunter come up on right hand side of page.

Infinite Rockin Blessings , BrotherM

P.S. Rereading KINGDOM OF FEAR right Now!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood