ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sittin' On A Fence Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd March 2006 12:19 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I was also at the Boston opener of the Licks tour. Fantastic night.

it was just OK. Could of been better but the keyboard player didnt nail it. Which is weird because the keyboard break in "Thorn In My Pride" is basically the bastard step son of Cup's piano intro.

Chris sounded great on it - very soulful with the background singers. And it was one of the Fillmore shows where they had brought in horns which was a cool touch. But Eddie's keys was just off...

I'm sure they'll take another stab at it.

with Sway having been played, Slave has now vaulted into my #1 wish list slot. Your board name is a close #2.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Cool stuff. I met Chuck at the Four Seasons before the Fenway shows. I was walking out of the Bristol lounge and he was at a table near the entrance. As I was walking by, I told him to have a great show and asked him if he was taking requests for the opener. He stood up from the table shook my hand and asked what I wanted to hear. When I said Winter, his jaw dropped. He actually said he had "been trying to get them to pull that one out for some time." He then said no chance for the Fenway shows, but maybe we'll see in January. Obviously, it never happened.

I left after that as he was with a table full of people and I didn't want to overstay my welcome.

Chuck gets a lot of shit, but he was very approachable, which clearly he didn't have to be.

wintah
2nd March 2006 12:21 PM
glencar Chuck did listen to a large group of Shidobbbbbeeeees in ATL & hwen they did MSG they did Sway again. He really is a nice guy.
2nd March 2006 12:43 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chuck did listen to a large group of Shidobbbbbeeeees in ATL & hwen they did MSG they did Sway again. He really is a nice guy.

He also did some great stuff with the Allman Brother's in the mid-70's. "Jessica" is a great instrumental.
2nd March 2006 12:45 PM
glencar His wife was very pleasant too. I agree that he overdid it on previous tours but I think he's successfully turned it down a notch this time. Of course, there's no telling what he'll do in Europe!
2nd March 2006 02:02 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
His wife was very pleasant too. I agree that he overdid it on previous tours but I think he's successfully turned it down a notch this time. Of course, there's no telling what he'll do in Europe!

I wonder if Chuck's ever considered having them try "We Love You", "Please Go Home", "Citadel" or "Gomper". The whole year of 67 was quite adventurous for them.
2nd March 2006 02:03 PM
glencar We love You has plenty of organ!
2nd March 2006 02:05 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
We love You has plenty of organ!

Yes, I also believe the mellotron was used too.
2nd March 2006 02:19 PM
glencar Chuck can do that!
2nd March 2006 02:34 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chuck can do that!

It would be good during a psychedlic part of the show, like they did on the Steel Wheels tour, do We Love You, Paint It Black and 2000 Light Years From Home.
2nd March 2006 02:56 PM
glencar I'd listen to that!
2nd March 2006 04:03 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd listen to that!

Me too, I like when different themes like that are presented. It could be a way to make the b-stage a bit more interesting too, each night have a different theme, like one night blues songs, one night unplugged, cover songs another night, etc. It could also get them to do a Chuck Berry song live again, I think 98 was the last time they did one.
2nd March 2006 04:18 PM
69 Chevy I saw Cheap Trick at Mardi Gras in Galveston about 5 years ago. There were about 5 people standing in front of the stage. Across the street were a few woman putting on a show of their own. There were hundreds of spectators.
2nd March 2006 04:20 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
69 Chevy wrote:
I saw Cheap Trick at Mardi Gras in Galveston about 5 years ago. There were about 5 people standing in front of the stage. Across the street were a few woman putting on a show of their own. There were hundreds of spectators.

Nice job "69" Chevy, it was your 69th post. Quite appropriate it was about women doing a nice show.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)