ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anna Nicole wows US Supreme Court (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th February 2006 04:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Anna Nicole wows US Supreme Court

28/02/2006 - 19:33:04
IO

With an oil fortune on the line, former stripper Anna Nicole Smith encountered a sympathetic audience at the US Supreme Court today.

Several justices said they were concerned that the one-time Playboy Playmate model was kept from pursuing a piece of her late husband’s fortune.

“It’s quite a story,” said Justice Stephen Breyer.

Smith married oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994 when he was 89 and she was a 26-year-old topless dancer in Texas. Marshall died the following year. His fortune has been estimated at as much as €838m.

One of his two sons claims he is the only heir. Breyer said there was evidence that the son hired private detectives to keep Smith away from her elderly husband’s bedside.

Smith’s claim is simple, said Justice David Souter: “Just give me the money I would have had.”

Justices repeatedly referred to the amount of money at stake, and criticised arguments that only a Texas court had jurisdiction to settle the nasty family feud.

“That’s just not the way our system works,” said Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the only woman justice.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
28th February 2006 04:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Anna Nicole wows US Supreme Court

28/02/2006 - 19:33:04
IO

With an oil fortune on the line, former stripper Anna Nicole Smith encountered a sympathetic audience at the US Supreme Court today.

Several justices said they were concerned that the one-time Playboy Playmate model was kept from pursuing a piece of her late husband’s fortune.

“It’s quite a story,” said Justice Stephen Breyer.

Smith married oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994 when he was 89 and she was a 26-year-old topless dancer in Texas. Marshall died the following year. His fortune has been estimated at as much as €838m.

One of his two sons claims he is the only heir. Breyer said there was evidence that the son hired private detectives to keep Smith away from her elderly husband’s bedside.

Smith’s claim is simple, said Justice David Souter: “Just give me the money I would have had.”

Justices repeatedly referred to the amount of money at stake, and criticised arguments that only a Texas court had jurisdiction to settle the nasty family feud.

“That’s just not the way our system works,” said Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the only woman justice.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

I used to find her quite attractive in her playboy pictorial days, sadly (as evident by her reality tv show) drugs/alcohol have rendered her basically useless to society and oblivious to the world around her. I feel she has a case to argue, but doubt she can coherently argue it if she is asked to speak instead of her legal representation.
28th February 2006 04:53 PM
kahoosier if she managed to bed th eold geezer she deserves something for both bravery and miracle workingno matter how the family feels !!

Who are they anyway to say that their greeed mattered more than the old man's happiness? I like guys like Willie Nelson and Bill Gates that tell their kids, when I die thge majotity of the money goes elsewhere, so don't circle like vultures!
28th February 2006 05:02 PM
glencar The guy was a doddering fool. But for the entertaining idea of her appearing before the USSC, she should get several million.
28th February 2006 05:22 PM
PeerQueer Her legal team is likely working on a 1/3rd cut - so they stand to gain a considerable sum if the amount awarded is even a modest amount of $20 or $30 million, which will likey be the agreed-to-amount if the the son's legal team even gets a whiff of any court awarding her anywhere close to 10 or 20% of the estate's total worth.

They could have paid her off long ago - and likley should have done it! I now predict she will be awarded at least $20 million in a deal forged between the attorneys.

Word.
28th February 2006 05:25 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I now predict she will be awarded at least $20 million in a deal forged between the attorneys.

Word.

.. and I say , " Bless Her " !

...I ALSO say , " Sell Corn " !

Flacky Carson !
28th February 2006 05:38 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

.. and I say , " Bless Her " !

...I ALSO say , " Sell Corn " !

Flacky Carson !

____

Johnny was good friends with both Frank and Dino during the height of the Rat Pack era...

Leno will never escape the lingering shadow of Carson on Late Night television. At least Letterman gives proper respect - Leno attemtps to make us forget that Carson was for nearly 3 decades - THE MAN.

Is McMahon still alive?

Haaaaaayoooooooo!!!
28th February 2006 06:33 PM
corgi37 I'd do her.
28th February 2006 08:07 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I'd do her.

____

But I doubt you'd do...
28th February 2006 11:34 PM
jb sHE TOTALLY DESERVES THAT INHERITANCE AND WAS ROYALLY FUCKED BY THE COURTS..............i WOULD LIKE TO ROYALLY FUCK HER AS WELL.
28th February 2006 11:56 PM
gorda Anna Nicole is evil!

How could she take advantage of that poor man!

He was 89 and she was only 26! That's a 63 year difference!

And, where were his kids! Didn't they care about their father?

If I had an aging multimillionare father and some two-bit tramp was trying to swindle him out his fortune, I would be right there!

P.S. I saw Anna Nicole's story on THS on the E channel, and usually that show flatters people, but in this case, all people said about Anna was bad.

They said she treated Mr. Howard Marshall very bad. She actually dumped him on their wedding day! Just got married and left! No reception! No honeymoon! Nothing!

And, then she wasn't even with him when he died!

A maid was at his bedside!

How sad! His wife! His kids! Not one loved one by his side!

How sad!

And, now that he's gone, they all jump like vultures over the money!

Reminds me of a bad Mexican telenovela!

[Edited by gorda]
28th February 2006 11:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gorda wrote:
Anna Nicole is evil!

How could she take advantage of that poor man!

He was 89 and she was only 26! That's a 63 year difference!

And, where were his kids! Didn't they care about their father?

If I had an aging multimillionare father and some two-bit tramp was trying to swindle him out his fortune, I would be right there!

P.S. I saw Anna Nicole's story on THS on the E channel, and usually that show flatters people, but in this case, all people said about Anna was bad.

They said she treated Mr. Howard Marshall very bad. She actually dumped him on their wedding day! Just got married and left! No reception! No honeymoon! Nothing!

And, then she wasn't even with him when he died!

A maid was at his bedside!

How sad! His wife! His kids! Not one loved one by his side!

How sad!

And, now that he's gone, they all jump like vultures over the money!

Reminds me of a bad Mexican telenovela!

[Edited by gorda]

his kids are just as guilty, they were waiting for him to die for the money..there was no love, just heartless money grubbing. When I die (probably in 10-14 years), I plan on leaving my estate to my children in a trust with 23% going to a foundation to rescue abused/abandoned pugs.
1st March 2006 12:10 AM
gorda I just remembered watching this Mexican telenovela called "Los Parientes Pobres". (The Poor Relatives)

Anyways, there was this great-aunt that drove everybody in the family nuts. But, the family catered to her every wish, because they thought she was loaded.

Well, to their big surprise, after she passed away, they discovered, there was no money for them to inherit. Their great-aunt was broke. Even her jewlery was fake! Ha! Ha!
1st March 2006 12:14 AM
sirmoonie I'm confused. Were drugs, money, and sex involved in this?
1st March 2006 12:24 AM
gorda The main theme in Latin American telenovelas is love and money.

I also remember watching this other telenovela. (I don't remember what country it was from either, Venezuela or Peru, maybe Colombia.) Anyways, this older rich man met this young opportunistic woman. The man had 3 grown daughters. Anyways, the woman wasted no time and turned the man against his daughters. Once alone with him in the mansion, she attempted to kill him on several occasions. But, her evil plan failed each time. I don't remember the ending exactly. But, I do remember, that the man finally recuperated his three daughters who all found true love and were pregnant. And, this made the man very happy, because his house was full again with his family who truely loved him.

And, the evil woman?

She was on an airplane with a wig and drinking champagne with still another future victim.

I remember screaming! I hated that ending! I wanted her to suffer! I didn't think it was fair that she did all this evil and got away with it.
[Edited by gorda]
1st March 2006 06:26 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Her legal team is likely working on a 1/3rd cut - so they stand to gain a considerable sum if the amount awarded is even a modest amount of $20 or $30 million, which will likey be the agreed-to-amount if the the son's legal team even gets a whiff of any court awarding her anywhere close to 10 or 20% of the estate's total worth.

They could have paid her off long ago - and likley should have done it! I now predict she will be awarded at least $20 million in a deal forged between the attorneys.

Word.

Ya but you're a faggot so what do you know?
1st March 2006 06:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

Ya but you're a faggot so what do you know?

the real Izzy is nicer than you.
1st March 2006 07:31 AM
lotsajizz Anna EARNED that $...she should get her share....

1st March 2006 01:19 PM
Saint Sway One would tend to think that The United States Supreme Court would have more important things to deal with.
1st March 2006 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
One would tend to think that The United States Supreme Court would have more important things to deal with.

It's howe the legal process works..you thinke Scalia will go quail hunting with Cheney again?
[Edited by jb]
1st March 2006 01:35 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
One would tend to think that The United States Supreme Court would have more important things to deal with.

Considering the ages of the Justices, there may be nothing more important to them than ruling on the issue of whether old rich people have the right to disinherit their children when they marry young busty floozies.
1st March 2006 01:36 PM
jb Good posting!!!!!!!!!!!
1st March 2006 01:46 PM
Joey " At least Letterman gives proper respect "

Amen !

" Leno attemtps to make us forget that Carson was for nearly 3 decades - THE MAN. "

" Is McMahon still alive?"

YESSIR !!!!!!!

1st March 2006 01:47 PM
Joey " I'm confused. Were drugs, money, and sex involved in this? "

YESSIR !!!!
1st March 2006 01:59 PM
FPM C10

ANNA NICOLE IS A BUST!!!!

(Can't believe nobody went for that one...)
1st March 2006 02:00 PM
jb [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

ANNA NICOLE IS A BUST!!!!

(Can't believe nobody went for that one...)
[/quote
We missed you at Stouts!!!!!!!!!!!
1st March 2006 02:05 PM
Joey "Can't believe nobody went for that one...)"

1st March 2006 02:08 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
"Can't believe nobody went for that one...)"

We won't get fooled again................see Reseach papers!!!
1st March 2006 02:33 PM
Joey " We missed you at Stouts!!!!!!!!!!!"

1st March 2006 03:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:

We missed you at Stouts!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hiding under a table at Joe O's...I am afraid of Repuglicans!!!!!!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)