ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Selling out to play China Return to archive
28th February 2006 01:03 PM
ExileInLA Here we go again.

Is Mick gonna pull out "Let's Spend Some TIME" together like on Ed Sullivan?

They are so anti anti-establishment at this point it isn't even funny.

May they please quit this garbage soon.

28th February 2006 01:29 PM
speedfreakjive Its not 'anti anti establishment' for me, since China is a dubious place politically, its good to see them playing places usually off-the map, like the Eastern European countries.
28th February 2006 01:35 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Its not 'anti anti establishment' for me, since China is a dubious place politically, its good to see them playing places usually off-the map, like the Eastern European countries.

No more Adam for your avatar :}!
28th February 2006 01:36 PM
pdog What is worse, breathing the air in China or smoking a pack of cigaretes a day?
28th February 2006 01:37 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

No more Adam for your avatar :}!

well, you know, cross me, and he'll be right back! lol!

this is NOT a u2 friendly m-board
28th February 2006 01:46 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

well, you know, cross me, and he'll be right back! lol!

this is NOT a u2 friendly m-board

So if I piss you off bad enough, your next avatar will be Bono wearing a "save the speckle bellied otter" t-shirt. I'll try and play nice...
28th February 2006 02:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

So if I piss you off bad enough, your next avatar will be Bono wearing a "save the speckle bellied otter" t-shirt. I'll try and play nice...

sea otters are one of the few water dwelling creatures that I do not fear. I fear all water creatures including, but not limited to, crustaceans, fish, water mammals, water reptiles (except turtles), and sea horses. I am not afraid of manatees, sea otters, or turtles.
28th February 2006 02:15 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

sea otters are one of the few water dwelling creatures that I do not fear. I fear all water creatures including, but not limited to, crustaceans, fish, water mammals, water reptiles (except turtles), and sea horses. I am not afraid of manatees, sea otters, or turtles.

What about surfers??
28th February 2006 02:20 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Bats???
hahahah
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
28th February 2006 03:45 PM
winter Yes, to go back to their roots and prove their "anti-establishment" views, they should tell the Chinese censors that they are going to comply, but then play all of the songs that they are told they cannot play. This way they can spend their twilight years in a Chinese prison.

Brilliant! That will show those commie bastards.

In fact, maybe they should invite the Dalai Lama on stage to sing street fighting man with them.

How about this, try having a clue?

wintah,
28th February 2006 09:58 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
winter wrote:
Yes, to go back to their roots and prove their "anti-establishment" views, they should tell the Chinese censors that they are going to comply, but then play all of the songs that they are told they cannot play. This way they can spend their twilight years in a Chinese prison.

Brilliant! That will show those commie bastards.

In fact, maybe they should invite the Dalai Lama on stage to sing street fighting man with them.

How about this, try having a clue?

wintah,

Maybe they just shouldn't go there. Ever think that?

Fuck China.

The Stones don't NEED to play anywhere anymore. They are long past that. Make the Chinese come to them. Come to America for Christ sake.

I hate that they have to pull this nonsense.
28th February 2006 10:45 PM
glencar At least they didn't give any Macca-sissified reasons for not going. I agree they should have abstained but it is one small show & they're obviosuly not doing this one for the yuan.
28th February 2006 10:57 PM
winter
Please see my comments in brackets below

quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

Maybe they just shouldn't go there. Ever think that? [yes, but maybe they like the all you can eat buffets]

Fuck China. [I feel the same about California]

The Stones don't NEED to play anywhere anymore. [Correct]They are long past that. Make the Chinese come to them. [That's a lot of people flying internationally, think about what it will do to our air fares, and LAX will be very crowded] Come to America for Christ sake. [I suspect they are planning to "come to America", but not to take pictures of Disney land - how is your Chinese?]

I hate that they have to pull this nonsense. [See fuck China above]

wintah
1st March 2006 07:43 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
Maybe they just shouldn't go there. Ever think that?
Fuck China.
The Stones don't NEED to play anywhere anymore. They are long past that. Make the Chinese come to them. Come to America for Christ sake.
I hate that they have to pull this nonsense.

I think most wouldn't even mind, if you are paying for them to come over that is. It would finally give them a chance to see their favorite band...

And, of course, as long as they don't have to deal with arrogant and ignorant snobs like you.

Now, be quiet like a good boy.
1st March 2006 07:46 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I think most wouldn't even mind, if you are paying for them to come over that is. It would finally give them a chance to see their favorite band...

And, of course, as long as they don't have to deal with arrogant and ignorant snobs like you.

Now, be quiet like a good boy.

Exile just got owned!!
1st March 2006 09:57 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
At least they didn't give any Macca-sissified reasons for not going.

The innocent slaughter of millions of Dogs & Cats is NOT sissified .

" When they start killing animals it is only a matter of time before they start killing people Ronnie ! "

J. Fly !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)