ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones 'to play in China' Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th February 2006 06:19 PM
Soldatti China will be a bust!
28th February 2006 06:22 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
China will be a bust!

what's a bust?
good or bad?
28th February 2006 06:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

what's a bust?

the tour! LOL.
28th February 2006 06:39 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

the tour! LOL.

no, no.
Is 'a bust' a good, or bad thing?
28th February 2006 06:41 PM
Soldatti A good thing I think.
28th February 2006 08:02 PM
Gazza they shouldnt be playing China.
28th February 2006 08:05 PM
nanatod
quote:
Gazza wrote:
they shouldnt be playing China.

They should be playing China over and over and over again, until the Stones message of freedom is imprinted upon the populace, and the populace forces China's leadership to change.
28th February 2006 08:38 PM
Gazza yeah like THATs going to happen!

Pay lip service to a government that tells them what songs they can and cant play? They should tell them to get fucked!

Certainly wouldnt have happened back when they had some balls.

(Like the signature, by the way....)
[Edited by Gazza]
28th February 2006 08:49 PM
corgi37 Proposed China set list.

Working for the man (The workers oppressed by western greed!)
Apolicital Blues
Dandelion (inoffensive)
She's a rainbow (as above)
Angie (as above)
Faraway eyes (as above)
Working in a coal mine (The workers!)
Highwire (cynical, anti west song)
YCAGWYW (MUST close with this song. Proves being from the west and decadent does get you everything)

And thats about it. Nice short set. Fireworks will go for 45 minutes. Chinese make the best.
28th February 2006 10:49 PM
glencar Anyone going to this show?
1st March 2006 02:58 AM
kahoosier The ticket agency has been a bit overwhelmed. At about 6 AM this morning my time you could pre-order tickets on the internet...I ordered two in the A block. They will not tell you which seats are yours or charge your card until next week, hence the tickets are not officailly on sale. A few hours later, the web link to that page no longer worked so I called. I spoke to a wonderful woman who then gauranteed me A block seats on the phone and took all my info, but said that all she could promise is to get me close to the front, they had many many orders. She also said that they would honor those tickets requested early on the net. So now I suppose I have two orders working. A few hours after that ( about noon my time) a friend called and could not find an English Speaking Agent and was told to call one hour later. By then, he could no longer be guaranteed any thing in A block, but was told he needed to give alternative choices and they would do the best that they can. They are supposed to contact us next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shanghai is truely a world class city, and while not as free as Hong Kong can be, it is not as rigid as Beijing. All three cities have a large Expat population. Since tickets in the A blocks are about $375 US, way out of the league of the average Chinese, I supsect the crowd make up in the front will not differ too much from crowds at many other tour stops. As far as percentage of venue sold, I am sure the stop will be a success if the anxious ticket agent's voice is any clue.
1st March 2006 04:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey guys!

Stop posting these pictures! My right hand can't take it anymore!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)