ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "You Got The Silver" Return to archive
28th February 2006 12:17 AM
roughjusticonya What do you think of this song? It's one of my favs right now, but it does seem a little too Bob Dylan.

28th February 2006 12:39 AM
pdog I love it. I love all Keiths songs... Never thought of it as a Bob type of song... I could picure Bob singing it, but not writing it, if that makes any sense.
28th February 2006 01:15 AM
some restraint Great song. Actually might be my fav Keith song personally. I also really enjoy the Mick sung version too though. Found it in this thread on iorr (second post)...

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,359420

Keith's Gimme Shelter is certainly an interesting listen as well.
28th February 2006 01:17 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
roughjusticonya wrote:
What do you think of this song? It's one of my favs right now, but it does seem a little too Bob Dylan.

You're a joke.
28th February 2006 06:16 AM
Break The Spell I think "Jigsaw Puzzle" is way more Dylan than YGTS.
28th February 2006 10:34 AM
Egbert
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I think "Jigsaw Puzzle" is way more Dylan than YGTS.

Agreed. Who's Been Sleeping Here? too.
28th February 2006 11:26 AM
some restraint Memo from Turner is incredibly Dylan-like too.
28th February 2006 11:30 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Agreed. Who's Been Sleeping Here? too.

Correct, I believe on that one they intentionally tried to sound like Dylan, the others that are Dylan-esque just kind of came out that way with the roots oriented styles they were trying at the time. The lyrics fit the music good.
28th February 2006 11:54 AM
PeerQueer Great Song!

If you don't dig it you got no soul!!!

Play it all the time -
28th February 2006 11:55 AM
Break The Spell Brian played the autoharp on YGTS, which was his last contribution on a Stones record.
28th February 2006 12:43 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
roughjusticonya wrote:
What do you think of this song? It's one of my favs right now, but it does seem a little too Bob Dylan.

how can that be a negative?

28th February 2006 12:50 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Brian played the autoharp on YGTS, which was his last contribution on a Stones record.

and how insignificant.
best thing Brian ever did was the riff in 'The Last Time'
28th February 2006 01:39 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

and how insignificant.
best thing Brian ever did was the riff in 'The Last Time'

That was a great riff, but for me it was the sitar on "Paint It Black" and recorder on "Ruby Tuesday".
28th February 2006 02:09 PM
Bruno Stone I love the way Mick shouts "that's no big surprise!" in his version.
28th February 2006 02:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I love the way Mick shouts "that's no big surprise!" in his version.

Me too, it seemed back then when Keith did his rougher vocals it almost sounded like Mick in a way.
28th February 2006 02:58 PM
star star i love the way the song builds up from quite quiet at the beginning to full on acoustic bliss with plenty of charlie's drums towards the end
28th February 2006 06:23 PM
Soldatti A great song in a terrific album.
28th February 2006 06:26 PM
speedfreakjive I'm starting to think the title track is the best song on it!!
28th February 2006 07:52 PM
some restraint Has You Got The Silver been played live by chance? I would guess no...

Is there a list of what songs haven't been played (or a list of all the first times a song was played) by chance?
28th February 2006 08:05 PM
cabledogg2 "You Got The Silver" was played live during the '99 NO SECURITY TOUR. Several excellent quality boots are avaliable from the tour. I believe a few are on the torrent tracker............
[Edited by cabledogg2]
1st March 2006 03:26 PM
jb True...
1st March 2006 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:

cabledogg2 wrote:
"You Got The Silver" was played live during the '99 NO SECURITY TOUR.

When Keith sang " You Got The Silver " in Kansas City ( Kemper Arena [ soon to be torn down to make way for the brand spankin' new , twenty thousand seat Sprint Center ] , April , 1999 ) it was so beautiful that your young Joey cried like Baby !

Word !

Joey .. Kins !

[Edited by Joey]
1st March 2006 03:32 PM
Break The Spell Its amazing how long some songs take to make their live debuts, You Got The Silver took 30 years, Can't You Hear Me Knocking took 31, Sway took 34 and As Tear Go By took 40!! Better late than never I guess.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)