ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: dvd player question Return to archive
27th February 2006 11:47 PM
artinis1 from nick, illinois
can someone recommend the best dvd player to play the dvd-r and dvd+r discs, i have a toshiba one sd-3900, it claimes to play all dvd-r and dvd+r discs and with all the recent stones dvds i have, some will play and some won't, sometimes the disc will play fine and an hour later the picture will freeze, is there a dvd player that is better for these kind of dvds that i won't have to pay hundreds for, any info is appreciated, it sucks when you can't play these dvds or can't view the whole show
28th February 2006 03:49 AM
egon pioneer or philips are both very good
and play the plus & minus format. decent prices as well.

but it's true that in general the compatibility remains a problem. it usually has more to do with the (shit)system that recorded the disc, than your player.
28th February 2006 05:34 AM
corgi37 What i find it is is this. You Yanks have had it good for too fucking long. You think the sun shines out of your collective asses. You invade Vietnam, and spend close to 40 years getting over the fact you got beaten!

You invade Iraq for WMD that never existed, screwed the whole country up to the point of no return, yet ignore worse atrocities in 3/4's of Africa. Fucking hell, you cant even kill Castro!

And now, poor pets, your dvd's dont work. You cant get multi zone, because you think 99.99% of movies you want to watch are Region1. Then, oh boo-hoo, Shaun of the Dead comes out, and its Region2. Oh, my, my, i cant watch it! Better write my congressman. Better tell the NRA. What would Chester A. Arthur do about this?

Meanwhile, the rest of us 3rd world ass-lickers have had multi zone, multi region, multi disc, multi plex dvd players for nigh on 10 years!

So, who's the leaders of the free world now? Hmmm? HMMMM????

Dont panic - In 50 years, we'll all be speaking Chinese anyway. Maybe then you'll have a multi-function dvd player.

I'll enjoy my many varied, multi dvd player. I'll watch whatever i want tonight. You can go worship Suzanne Somers star on the walk of fame. Or go to Jerry Falwell's church and pray for Don Knotts soul.
28th February 2006 05:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What i find it is is this. You Yanks have had it good for too fucking long. You think the sun shines out of your collective asses. You invade Vietnam, and spend close to 40 years getting over the fact you got beaten!

You invade Iraq for WMD that never existed, screwed the whole country up to the point of no return, yet ignore worse atrocities in 3/4's of Africa. Fucking hell, you cant even kill Castro!

And now, poor pets, your dvd's dont work. You cant get multi zone, because you think 99.99% of movies you want to watch are Region1. Then, oh boo-hoo, Shaun of the Dead comes out, and its Region2. Oh, my, my, i cant watch it! Better write my congressman. Better tell the NRA. What would Chester A. Arthur do about this?

Meanwhile, the rest of us 3rd world ass-lickers have had multi zone, multi region, multi disc, multi plex dvd players for nigh on 10 years!

Dont panic - In 50 years, we'll all be speaking Chinese anyway. Maybe then you'll have a multi-function dvd player.

I'll enjoy my many varied, multi dvd player. I'll watch whatever i want tonight. You can go worship Suzanne Somers star on the walk of fame. Or go to Jerry Falwell's church and pray for Don Knotts soul.

Corgi is still the King!!!
incredible!
28th February 2006 11:53 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What i find it is is this. You Yanks have had it good for too fucking long. You think the sun shines out of your collective asses. You invade Vietnam, and spend close to 40 years getting over the fact you got beaten!

After your Cheryl Crow post I thought you had hit an all time low...Guess I was wrong you annoying little 3rd world asslicker (your words not mine)....You are now free to fuck off!
28th February 2006 11:59 AM
Lazy Bones Shit. Now I'm really lost. Is Canada 1st world or 3rd world?

I do speak some Chinese, if that helps...
28th February 2006 12:13 PM
gimmekeef After the Olympics and 24 medals The Great White North is truly 1st world!..Despite the hockey melt down due to injuries on defence...Besides I heard Janet Gretzky bet the under 25 on medals anyway..sooo....
28th February 2006 05:36 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
After the Olympics and 24 medals The Great White North is truly 1st world!..Despite the hockey melt down due to injuries on defence...Besides I heard Janet Gretzky bet the under 25 on medals anyway..sooo....

LMAO...

And Tocchet?
1st March 2006 05:26 AM
Jumacfly Canada won the curling what a hell of a game! respect to the Canucks!
1st March 2006 05:39 AM
corgi37 Oh man, the winter Olympics just doesnt rate on any scale. Surfing and beach volley ball - now they are sports!

I'm glad my Sheryl is gonna be ok. To think Madonna is only 3 years older than her. Might as well be 30.
1st March 2006 06:09 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh man, the winter Olympics just doesnt rate on any scale. Surfing and beach volley ball - now they are sports!

I'm glad my Sheryl is gonna be ok. To think Madonna is only 3 years older than her. Might as well be 30.

Agree, but curling is funny.
how do you Madonnas's toes Corgi??
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)