ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any Aussies have rs.com pre-sale experience ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th February 2006 07:26 PM
Daethgod any Aussies get tix to licks thru rs.com on last tour ?

can u fill us in on how easy/hard, tips, etc

its getting damn close !!!

: )

27th February 2006 07:51 PM
exile Yes last time you didnt get passcode until you bought your tickets

I cant find where on the website to get new passcode. i just got a refund on my old memebership and joined again.

27th February 2006 07:58 PM
corgi37 I'm still tossing up whether to get RS membership or wait take a chance with the Visa pre-sale. I'd imagine the Stones one would have better seats. I just want the "floor" in Sydney, dont care if its back a bit. In fact, i dont want to be too close. Right in front/next to the b stage is cool with me.

What to do. What to do. And, i have like 1 day to make up my mind. Also, pre-sale on RS.com is March 2. 12.00pm for new members. Thats cool. But, is that U.S. march 2, or Aussie March 2? Dont supposes it matters much as its a guaranteed block allocated to them.
27th February 2006 08:00 PM
pdog
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I'm still tossing up whether to get RS membership or wait take a chance with the Visa pre-sale. I'd imagine the Stones one would have better seats. I just want the "floor" in Sydney, dont care if its back a bit. In fact, i dont want to be too close. Right in front/next to the b stage is cool with me.

What to do. What to do. And, i have like 1 day to make up my mind. Also, pre-sale on RS.com is March 2. 12.00pm for new members. Thats cool. But, is that U.S. march 2, or Aussie March 2? Dont supposes it matters much as its a guaranteed block allocated to them.

I'm pretty sure sale times are going to be Aussie time zones, not U.S.
27th February 2006 08:03 PM
exile
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I'm still tossing up whether to get RS membership or wait take a chance with the Visa pre-sale.

Corgs, dont take the chance. Just get a memebership. I did it last time and its worth it mate.
27th February 2006 08:03 PM
corgi37 Ok, cool. Thanks.
27th February 2006 08:12 PM
exile I have to drive back now, to orange. will catch up with you all in a few hours.

27th February 2006 09:36 PM
Daethgod that Telstra Members pre-pre-sale is a crock

they get teh jump on all of us and can buy liek 8 seats
WTF

27th February 2006 10:32 PM
corgi37 Might not be a too bad thing. Could be alot of seats in the stands. These are money people we are talking about. They'll want to be close to the horse doovers and red wine.

VL 95 tour at MCG had alot of those corporate types who partook of the pre-show dinner. They had Southern Stand seats, not field seats.

Still, i always get nervous when some one is ahead of me in a queue.
27th February 2006 10:51 PM
jb The membership is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great value, great seats, and fun for the entire family.

cc:JC
27th February 2006 11:52 PM
RSRTG ok, so can someone explain this, I'm sorry if I'm going over old ground here.
I have a rs.com memebership before may 9-05. When it comes time to purchase the tickets in the pre-sale do I use this code and then they give me another one to use?
Also, my cousin who is purchasing our tickets for Sydney has a membership purchased after this date. Does he get a new code as well after initially applying for tickets.
I had no trouble purchasing in 03 for the licks tour but would really appreciate a detailed reply as to what we can expect on Wednesday when we go to the pre sale on rs.com to purchase tickets with our original passcodes given when we joined the an club.
Thanks in advance.
28th February 2006 12:35 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
any Aussies get tix to licks thru rs.com on last tour ?

can u fill us in on how easy/hard, tips, etc

its getting damn close !!!

: )

daeth my rs.com experience was incredible

i got home from work one afternoon (december 5th 2002 actually - i'll never forget that day)and logged onto RO

there was a post from a guy named fmk (who doesn't post much anymore)

anyway, his post says enmore tickets now available through rs.com

with heart pounding i signed up for the membership and had the tickets within 20 minutes

took a couple of goes too - in fact i had to check back here on the borad while doing it and got a couple of pointers from dutch rik

needless to say when the confirmation email came back to me about 5-10 minutes after purchasing the sense of relief i felt was huge

as far as this go-round is concerned, acording to rs.com those with pre 9th May membership get first go by an hour or two as opposed to those who just join up - nevertheless the pointers Gazza has given in other threads is valuable info on how to get the best spots - thankfully,i suppose, not ALL australian stones fanatics post here - but there must be quite a few lurkers who have picked up the good oil
28th February 2006 12:41 AM
StickyFishFingers I decided to bite the bullet and get the bloody membership - went halves so it only cost me $65 with the exchange rate. I've been trying to work out the New Platinum member thing too & it's raising a lot of q's in my mind. Check out the 'How to use the Rolling Stones.com Ticket Pre-Sale System' walk thru which is under the Help section on rs.com. If i have read the instructions correctly there is only 1 code required which you get after confirming your ticket selection. You'll then be given a link to the ticketing agent (ticketmaster i think. It's really important that once you have confirmed your selection & have received your code - again if I have read the instructions carefully, if you go back a step from there - you're screwed & will not get another code.
What i want to know tho' is are there going to be decent seats allocated to the New Platinum Members for pre-sale? I'm paranoid that they will all be purchased by the Pre-May 9 members. I've contacted rs.com about this & am waiting for a reply which i don't expect to receive until tomorrow due to the different time zones. If anyone can answer this in the meantime it would greatly appreciated.
28th February 2006 12:43 AM
corgi37 But Ticketek is the people doing it, arent they?
28th February 2006 03:06 AM
Daethgod i think your right corgi
i think when we click the BUY TIX button we are booted to ticketek ....

is that right ?

man this is getting exciting !@

im going for Melb and Sydney

cant wait to land in Sydney and stroll to the gig with 70,000 fellow Stonesys

whattta party !

28th February 2006 04:39 AM
RSRTG Too right....i'm gunning for both gigs and since I've lived a sheltered life, it will be my first time in Sydney and Rod Laver in Melb is gunna go off.
....gotta get those tickets.....
28th February 2006 05:10 AM
RSRTG hey, I was just thinking, Ive been reading a few of ya's posts and since I'm only getting 2 tickets with my pre may 9 membership, I'm happy to buy the max of 4 for the rod laver gig if anyone wants a ticket or 2. Of course u'll have to pay me but since ur all brothers and sisters, it's the least I can offer for those who may miss out....corgi, daeth, exile SIA...are any of u interested?..I'm going for PLATINUM by the way.
Let me know.....
[Edited by RSRTG]
28th February 2006 05:12 AM
corgi37 Daeth or Exile - i need to know - will either of you get me tickets x 2 for Sydney? I will pay you tomorrow to the account of your choice! I have my airfare and accomodation already done. We can all sit together and rock out. I got no kids. Just the Mrs. I can buy lots of drinks and get her to flash her tits.

Please!
28th February 2006 05:21 AM
egon Corgi.........,

"It's all happening"
28th February 2006 06:04 AM
Daethgod RSRTG

i have pre May 9 membership too
Under MY ACCOUNT then MY TICKETS the rs.com site says :

"If you are a PLATINUM MEMBER: The code listed above is no longer active. If you did not use your code to buy tickets, then you are eligible for a new code that you can use to participate in future presales. Please click here for important instructions on how to redeem your code.

If you are a PRE-MAY 9th PLATINUM MEMBER that has not yet used your passcode to purchase tickets: The code listed above is your new presale code. When it is time for your presale, please visit the tickets page and click on the link next to your show to begin your presale. "

From what i can gather that code is OUR code
gawd hope im right...

btw, how good were your Licks Tix from rs.com ?

[Edited by Daethgod]
28th February 2006 06:13 AM
RSRTG My tickets for the licks gig at rod laver were absolutely sensational, left side of the stage, approx 10 rows back in the centre.
The purchasing of the tickets seems less confusing back in 2003 and I thank you for giving me that info cos i was gunna use my original code.......I am so nervous about all this stuff.
Like I said previously, my cousin joined after may 9 so he should be able to use his code......keeping my fingies crossed.
28th February 2006 06:20 AM
Daethgod yes but i think the code on teh rs.comn IS TEH CODE WE USE.

"If you are a PRE-MAY 9th PLATINUM MEMBER that has not yet used your passcode to purchase tickets: The code listed above is your new presale code."

I am pre May 9

are u ?

28th February 2006 06:21 AM
Daethgod gawd I hope these Telstra Stadium members dont tie up the ticketek site on Thurs
bastards can grab 8 seats

28th February 2006 06:23 AM
corgi37 Daeth is indeed a God. K-Rock rox!
28th February 2006 06:28 AM
RSRTG All these bloody codes are giving me a headache.......
28th February 2006 09:20 AM
Gazza If you've joined rs.com and havent been e-mailed a passcode, you should be able to find your passcode as follows :

Login>go to MY Account>Go to MY TICKETS (bottom of page)

If you joined before 9 May 2005, your existing code will be valid

If you joined after that but before the non-US dates were announced, you can redeem your unused code (its only valid for North America) and buy a new membership.

Regarding the pre-sales...yes the Visa presale will be free, but if you WANT the best seats youre going to get, get a rs.com membership. If it means getting tickets in the first few rows for $94.50, then its worth the extra US$25 a ticket that a membership costs. The Visa or Telstra presales are handy as a last resort but theyre a sneaky way of fobbing off overpriced tickets en masse. Its unlikely your seats with these will be as good as the rs.com tickets and they may not even be in the front block. People see 'pre sale' and think theyre getting the best thats going to be available and snap them in large numbers (hence the 8 ticket limit) and get left with them. Rule of thumb is that, for the most part, you are not going to get the best seats available in a FREE pre-sale.
28th February 2006 09:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
gawd I hope these Telstra Stadium members dont tie up the ticketek site on Thurs
bastards can grab 8 seats

they wont. Theres a limited number of tickets allocated to each pre-sale and then to the public sale.

Does their sale start at the same time as the rs.com sale or afterwards? The rs.com sale is at noon.

The likelihood is that their allocation wont be the same as the rs.com ones
[Edited by Gazza]
28th February 2006 09:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
All these bloody codes are giving me a headache.......

welcome to the wonderful world of the Bigger Bang Tour Circle Jerk!

Glad you didnt miss the party after all - migraine tablets will be provided free with your rs.com membership
28th February 2006 10:59 AM
jb The fan club provides access to premium seats before the public sale, as well as access to behind the scenes footage, videos, and special merchandise not available to the public. In addition, if there is any club shows, the fan clubmembers will have first shot!!!!!

cc:JC
bc:MJ,MC
28th February 2006 01:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
In addition, if there is any club shows, the fan club members will have first shot!!!!!

and if my aunt had been born with balls, she'd have been my uncle....

You're not technically correct, actually. Compared to arena/stadium shows, a high percentage of tickets for theatre shows go to employees, family and various other celebrity hangers-on...

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)