ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who's New Album.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th February 2006 07:03 PM
RollingstonesUSA I've heard its due in the summer and the fall, anybody know for sure or any new details....
26th February 2006 07:21 PM
Gazza I wouldnt hold my breath for it.

Townshend said a few months yet it mightnt happen at all or for a few years. Unless in the last few months, hes had an incredible transformation and rid himself of the writers block hes had for too many years
27th February 2006 07:56 AM
justinkurian The Who Heads To Europe, Plans DVDs

February 24, 2006, 4:00 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
The Who has unveiled its first batch of 2006 tour dates, beginning June 25 in Leeds, England, the site of the group's legendary 1970 concert album "Live at Leeds." European shows are on tap through July 23 in Ulm, Germany, and are expected to be followed by dates in North America.

Although he didn't go into specifics, guitarist Pete Townshend recently wrote on his blog that the Who would be "releasing DVDs of every show and releasing a new CD" this summer. The group has previously released authorized soundboard recordings of its shows via online retailer TheMusic.com.

No details have yet been revealed about the aforementioned new CD, the Who's first since 1982's "It's Hard." Townshend said earlier this month, "I know I've cried wolf a few times, but this time I have committed because I have about enough music for a new CD, and I'm still producing."

27th February 2006 08:37 AM
Break The Spell I like when Pete really pushes the envelope musically, and I think there will be some surprises in store. He must feel he has a lot to prove studio wise with The Who after nearly a quarter century with no new album.
27th February 2006 08:43 AM
Jumping Jack DVDs of every show? I will be a poor man.
27th February 2006 09:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
DVDs of every show? I will be a poor man.

Amen !!!!!

Best to start saving money right now .

So much for Lil' Rock

Jersey ! ®
27th February 2006 09:35 AM
glencar Hopefully this will be better than that pair of songs on the last greatest hits package.
27th February 2006 09:55 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hopefully this will be better than that pair of songs on the last greatest hits package.

Yeah , I feel you Blue .

" Old Red Wine " was pretty good but " Real Good Looking Boy " was turgid and quite turbid ..... like my shits .

27th February 2006 10:39 AM
glencar Old Red Wine was like my piss.
27th February 2006 11:22 AM
Break The Spell I wonder if John had wrote anything for this album and if they'll dig it up?? I remember when they were touring in 2000 Pete said they were trying to write new material then.
27th February 2006 12:49 PM
gimmekeef Unfortunately I think Pete likes to dream more than actually do anything these days (like me!)....Havenet these rumors been flyin around for months/years??
27th February 2006 12:54 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Unfortunately I think Pete likes to dream more than actually do anything these days (like me!)....Havenet these rumors been flyin around for months/years??

Yes, like I said, I remember as far back as the 2000 tour that Pete was saying he had new songs recorded, thats why I was wondering if John got to do any new stuff before his death and if it will be relased. Pete even admitted he "cried wolf" about new stuff in the past but this time it looks like it may actually come out.
27th February 2006 01:40 PM
Joey

" Pete even admitted he "cried wolf" about new stuff in the past but this time it looks like it may actually come out. "

27th February 2006 05:13 PM
PeerQueer I shall see the WHO-TWO band in Ireland, God and Pete's penchant for self-destructive behavior willing...
27th February 2006 05:21 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I shall see the WHO-TWO band in Ireland, God and Pete's penchant for self-destructive behavior willing...

BEST WHO YET !!!!!

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=WHO&PSKey=Y

27th February 2006 05:25 PM
Some Guy Those douchebags still around?
27th February 2006 05:26 PM
Joey " Those douchebags still around?"

[Edited by Joey]
27th February 2006 08:02 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Those douchebags still around?

FUCK OFF AT ONCE
27th February 2006 08:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

FUCK OFF AT ONCE

douchebag!
27th February 2006 08:28 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

douchebag!

Image hosting by Photobucket
28th February 2006 06:23 AM
Jumping Jack Any fan club pre-sales for these shows?

How to get front rows on Pete's side?

I gots to know!!!
28th February 2006 09:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Any fan club pre-sales for these shows?

How to get front rows on Pete's side?

I gots to know!!!

No word yet my brother .
28th February 2006 10:45 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I wouldnt hold my breath for it.

Townshend said a few months yet it mightnt happen at all or for a few years. Unless in the last few months, hes had an incredible transformation and rid himself of the writers block hes had for too many years

Towshend is pathatic, lazy, and self-absorbed. Even with writers block, this is ridiculous. And oh yeah, I expect the album to totally blow chunks when (if) if even comes out. It would be nice to be wrong on this - a good Who album (well let's call it a Townshend/Daltry album, shall we, if we want to be honest) would be a nice surprise.
28th February 2006 10:49 AM
RollingstonesUSA I hope its another concept album!
28th February 2006 04:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I hope its another concept album!

Like Moonie said in "Life With he Moons", they could do one based on Pilgrim's Progress.
28th February 2006 05:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

You shall be greeted... with a swift kick in the ass.
[Edited by Some Guy]
28th February 2006 09:24 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Those douchebags still around?

They arent so fond of you either.
28th February 2006 10:50 PM
MrPleasant Sadly, talent fades away. However, with a few "honorable" exceptions, the less talented a musician is, the "less suckier" he/she will get.
1st March 2006 10:25 AM
Joey " the "less suckier" he/she will get. "

1st March 2006 03:49 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah , I feel you Blue .

" Old Red Wine " was pretty good but " Real Good Looking Boy " was turgid and quite turbid ..... like my shits .

IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE FOR PETE TO WRITE ABOUT GOOD LOOKING BOYS.. I QUITE DUG OLD RED WINE
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)