ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sex Pistols Earn My Undying Respect Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th February 2006 10:53 AM
FPM C10 Ah, Young Joey...remember how obnoxious Spiro was? The same horrible, venal, subhuman qualities as his boss, except without that evil glimmer of intelligence which burned behind Nixon's close-set red piggie eyes. Remember Spiro calling the press "nattering nabobs of negativism", a ridiculous invective which even li'l Scotty McClellan would reject?

And remember how glorious it was when Spiro went down?

Now think about how frigging great it's going to be when DICK CHENEY finally takes a fall!

One thing about Spiggy - he looked great at Nixon's funeral. Everybody thought he'd died years before!

The same won't ever be said of Cheney. He looks like some evil potato.

28th February 2006 12:00 PM
PeerQueer Cheney will not be taken down...the man is far too powerful and connected.

Pacify yourself with such silly delusions, but know that in the meantime, your eyes have been diverted yet again. Ilk such as you are far too easy to distract...
28th February 2006 12:03 PM
FPM C10
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Cheney will not be taken down...the man is far too powerful and connected.

Pacify yourself with such silly delusions, but know that in the meantime, your eyes have been diverted yet again. Ilk such as you are far too easy to distract...

"Ilk such as you"? Man, yer tryin' too hard. Shouldn't that be "ilk such as YOURS"?

And I realize all the stuff you're saying. In fact that's why I initially brought it up as a waste of bandwidth. It's just that you have to be careful what you wish for, and we can't impeach Bush until Cheney's outta the way.

You never know. America COULD wake the hell up some day. Nobody, including Nixon, thought HE could be taken down either.

So, as far as my eyes being diverted, you're saying Cheney shot the guy to get our minds off some other evil scheme? Man, you're more paranoid than I am. I'm still stuck on the "he was drunk" conspiracy theory.

Has there ever been a Vice Presidency more, um, "robust"?
[Edited by FPM C10]
28th February 2006 01:42 PM
PeerQueer No - that the negative press to follow was manna from heaven for the power players who run things--

Everybody's getting played these days - Dylan sung about this back in the 60s and it is even more true today.

I run with both a high and low crowd, get views from some interesting and extreme perspectives, and have benefited personally from the ability to pay a bit of $ to secure future deals and positive spin. Granted, my workings are on a much smaller scale than Mr. Cheney, but the same rules apply.

When people speak of "taking down" someone like Cheney I have to laugh. Cheney is far more savvy and connected than Nixon ever was.

Cheney's future is quiet secure - the only thing to take him down might be his own health. Otherwise, he is in it for the duration. Any idea how much $ he will earn when this term is up?????

And you know what - I don't fault him one bit. Such is the modern era kiddo - and you either profit or perish.

The Dems are in such utter chaos they offer no viable alternative. The party is a complete joke run by spineless rejects still high one the long-gone fumes of Vietnam and Watergate.

Hell, just play the Stones and enjoy the parade...
28th February 2006 01:53 PM
Joey " Remember Spiro calling the press "nattering nabobs of negativism", a ridiculous invective which even li'l Scotty McClellan would reject? "

' Nattering Nabobs of Negativism ' was written by Bill Safire

" And remember how glorious it was when Spiro went down? "

Yes , because it was the " Beginning of the End " for Richard Nixon ( Tricky was safe as long as Spiro was lurking right behind him -- ready to assume the office of the Presidency in case Nixon should get ' caught ' red handed )

" Now think about how frigging great it's going to be when DICK CHENEY finally takes a fall! "

It is going to be sweet when he resigns for ' Health Reasons ' --- his own party will push him out the door ( see : Barry Goldwater , July / August 1974 )

" One thing about Spiggy - he looked great at Nixon's funeral. Everybody thought he'd died years before! "

Yeah , I thought he was ' Hard As a Carp ' too until that day . I just googled and Spiggy died in 1996 .

" The same won't ever be said of Cheney. He looks like some evil potato. "

Funny .... I may have to ' borrow ' that phrase .

28th February 2006 01:55 PM
Joey " When people speak of "taking down" someone like Cheney I have to laugh. Cheney is far more savvy and connected than Nixon ever was.

Cheney's future is quiet secure - the only thing to take him down might be his own health. Otherwise, he is in it for the duration. Any idea how much $ he will earn when this term is up?????

And you know what - I don't fault him one bit. Such is the modern era kiddo - and you either profit or perish."

Please re-read ' Sun Tzu ' : " The art of Guerrilla Warfare is not to win ... the art of Guerrilla Warfare is to NOT LOSE . "

Word .

Flacky !

28th February 2006 06:11 PM
the good
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

The same horrible, venal, subhuman qualities as his boss, except without that evil glimmer of intelligence which burned behind Nixon's close-set red piggie eyes.

LOL! So how do really feel about the 37th president of the United States?
28th February 2006 06:26 PM
keefjunkie The only reason anyone is talking about Cheney on this thread is because someone mentioned what a waste of space it was to begin with.

STOP!
1st March 2006 10:01 AM
Joey
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
The only reason anyone is talking about Cheney on this thread is because someone mentioned what a waste of space it was to begin with.

Cheney's approval ratings are now at 18% .............. and DROPPING ( see : Spiro Agnew , circa 1973 )

" Everything Old is NEW again Ronnie ! "

Joey Cong ! ®
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)