ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guns 'n' Roses Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
2nd March 2006 02:51 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
I don't really see the difference between Axl Rose on tour as "GnR" to The Who touring with only two original members and a cast of session musicians. In that respect, the Stones is also only three chore members and a stage full of hired session musicians. We all still call that the Stones.

Mathijs

Your point is well taken and I don't totally disagree, but there are differences. Townshend wrote the Who material and Daltrey sang it. They're both still in the band. Mick and Keith wrote and sang the Stones material and both are still around. Axl may have been the most important Gunner for a variety of reasons but, IMHO, Izzy was just too important to replace. As pdog said earlier, he was the Keith of the band so to speak.

Now having said that I'm certainly not suggesting that GNR should have folded when Izzy decided that he didn't wanna fly around the world with them anymore- he quit. And I'm not saying that Axl shouldnt be able to call his new band GNR either. Hell, I hope after all this hype that Chinese Democracy is a classic (I havn't listend to any of the "leaked" songs yet so I'm still in the dark on this). Just not sure if it will be my cup of tea...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)