ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guns 'n' Roses Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
28th February 2006 05:12 AM
gotdablouse ah crap, here come Ian and his ridiclous comments again, dude, please stick to your trademark, "blah blah blah.....from Ian" threads and let the grown ups do the talking elsewhere. Get over it, GnR's comeback IS going to be massive, if only on their name, I couldn't care less, but now it seems on the music and that's the good news, if you want to discuss that then fine, if not take it on the road.

So back to the topic at hand.

I see what you mean, yes these titles had been mentioned here and there, but nothing of any substance had come out, a bit like Karnbach listing out all these unreleased Steel Wheels or B2B tracks that no one has ever heard of. I still think this is some kind of PR coup, leak some tracks and then issue cease and desist letters...I agree that Axl's latest outfits are not great, but hey look at Mick in 1981! The rap part was worrying too, but it's not in the music so far, so that's cool. His voice is a bit different too, but it's still there, unlike say Roger Waters' voice that completely went AWOL at one point.
28th February 2006 05:31 AM
IanBillen [quote]gotdablouse wrote:
ah crap, here come Ian and his ridiclous comments again, dude, please stick to your trademark, "blah blah blah.....from Ian" threads and let the grown ups do the talking elsewhere. Get over it, GnR's comeback IS going to be massive, if only on their name, I couldn't care less, but now it seems on the music and that's the good news, if you want to discuss that then fine, if not take it on the road.

Gotablouse?....then wear it, if that is what your into....

Now lets us get back to the music. Oh yeah, WHAT MUSIC?
G&R (if you even choose to call it that) have been talking about this album for years. Guess What. It never happened. Year after year the promises fell short. Way Short. So short we got nothing. You putting your faith in Guns n Roses in the year 2006 is worse than buying a crate full of snake oil dude. Radio DJ's, Industry Professionals, The Press, and even the public know it is a joke and have long ago lost any real interest.

That is the cold hard truth.

To say G&R's comback is going to be "massive" you say. And to Think people claim I say silly things. Geeze.

*And by the way, I was a huge G&R fan , back in the day. I still think Appetite is one of the greatest albums ever. Lies is really good. Love it. Use your Illusion were good albums as well. I really dug that group. But I do got enough sense to know when things are over. And they have been over for well over a decade now.And that is putting it nicely.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
28th February 2006 05:50 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

My thoughts axactly, down deep I'm sure Axl knows this too and this is why he's waitied so long to relase it, since he knows its with all no name players.

!!!!!! You know shit! The new version pf GnR, which played some fifty shows in 1999-2002 was virtually an all-star band and blew the ol' GnR away...it amazes me the amount of disinformation on this thread!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]
28th February 2006 05:54 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Having said that, I've been a big fan of GnR since at least 1990 following the NG where any info surfaces pretty much in RT and I have NEVER HEARD anything about these demos circulating, again, any source you care to mention ?

Don't be so ... they were downloadable on Napster and WinMX and are STILL available from file sharers....I downloaded these demos whose existence you doubt almost a decade now. btw, most of those demos have been played live dozens of times...

[Edited by lotsajizz]
28th February 2006 06:20 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

!!!!!! You know shit! The new version pf GnR, which played some fifty shows in 1999-2002 was virtually an all-star band and blew the ol' GnR away...it amazes me the amount of disinformation on this thread!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]

Even many of the players who were with them on that tour aren't there anymore. Buckethead was a great guitarist, I agree, but even he got fed up and quit as well.
28th February 2006 06:38 AM
Jumacfly Every time I read this thread I got "you could be mine" in my head. Help!!
28th February 2006 06:42 AM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Every time I read this thread I got "you could be mine" in my head. Help!!

28th February 2006 06:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

LOL I was waiting for that,thanks buddie!!
one of the best movie of 1992!
I was 15,wearing those grungy shirts,white jeans with holes and Converse all stars.Those were the days, kids!
28th February 2006 06:57 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Even many of the players who were with them on that tour aren't there anymore. Buckethead was a great guitarist, I agree, but even he got fed up and quit as well.

one does not = "many"

nice try

OK now

Cazart!!
28th February 2006 07:02 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

one does not = "many"

nice try

OK now

Cazart!!

A different bassist and drummer too, can't even remember the names of the last / latest guys. The only stability has been Axl and Dizzy (keyboards).
28th February 2006 07:04 AM
lotsajizz No, Brain and the boys are still there...

28th February 2006 07:08 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
No, Brain and the boys are still there...

To me, its just like if Mick got a bunch of new guys together and called it The Rolling Stones without Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. It may be good music, he should just use a different name.
28th February 2006 07:43 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

To me, its just like if Mick got a bunch of new guys together and called it The Rolling Stones without Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. It may be good music, he should just use a different name.

Why? Axl owns it....he paid for it....Saul and the other losers had their chance, they passed

Saul and his mates do not sound like GnR
Axl and his mates do
You REALLY need to check out some of the widely available bootlegs from 1999-2002

28th February 2006 08:57 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Why? Axl owns it....he paid for it....Saul and the other losers had their chance, they passed

Saul and his mates do not sound like GnR
Axl and his mates do
You REALLY need to check out some of the widely available bootlegs from 1999-2002

I've heard the studio demos, maybe I'll check out some of the live stuff.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
28th February 2006 02:56 PM
ListenToTheLion One word: Garbage
28th February 2006 03:09 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I hear they may be releasing Chinese Democracy soon and touring over here in the summer. There is strong rumour that they will be playing a few festivals aswel. I think Reading has been mentioned a couple of times.
28th February 2006 11:55 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Gotablouse?....then wear it, if that is what your into....

that's the best line I've ever seen billheaded Ian come up with...and I actually agree with him

getting you pants wet over new GnR is almost as pathetic as the bedwetters over in the sex pistols thread

forgitaboutit it's loooong over
1st March 2006 03:00 AM
Mathijs I don't really see the difference between Axl Rose on tour as "GnR" to The Who touring with only two original members and a cast of session musicians. In that respect, the Stones is also only three chore members and a stage full of hired session musicians. We all still call that the Stones.

Mathijs
1st March 2006 03:59 AM
Altamont Did Josh Freese play drums on any recent GnR?
1st March 2006 04:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Did Josh Freese play drums on any recent GnR?

Freese/Trujillo : Watts n' Wyman of metal !
1st March 2006 04:08 AM
Altamont Well, I don't know about that, but lil Josh Freese played drums on the final F.Y.P album, so he's OK by me!

[Edited by Altamont]
1st March 2006 04:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Well, I don't know about that, but lil Josh Freese played drums on the final F.Y.P album, so he's OK by me!

[Edited by Altamont]

Check Infectious Grooves "Sarsippiu's Ark"...mention to "do the sinister"
1st March 2006 05:23 PM
doo doo doo Dude I hope he doesn't wear the tight bike shorts again if he tours.

[Edited by doo doo doo Dude]
1st March 2006 05:36 PM
Dan Someone claiming to Merck is threatening people all over the Metal Sludge board for posting the tracks. There's some funny shit there right now.
1st March 2006 08:24 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Don't be so ... they were downloadable on Napster and WinMX and are STILL available from file sharers....I downloaded these demos whose existence you doubt almost a decade now. btw, most of those demos have been played live dozens of times...
[Edited by lotsajizz]

Wow...it looks like you don't know what you are talking about, the excellent "demos" (stuff that Axl/Camp leaked in 2006 most likely) we are discussng here are TWAT, IRS, Better and CITR, if you heard them a decade ago, then you must be Axl Rose in person, that's for some news, now please stop interfering.
1st March 2006 08:29 PM
speedfreakjive my thread has turned into a free-for-all!!
can we not just agree to appreciate the early material?
1st March 2006 08:32 PM
jtorquetti
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Did Josh Freese play drums on any recent GnR?

i guess no
1st March 2006 09:25 PM
gypsymofo60 One of the best bands of all time, unfortunately they suffered from Sex Pistols syndrome; IMPLOSION!

1st March 2006 09:42 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Wow...it looks like you don't know what you are talking about, the excellent "demos" (stuff that Axl/Camp leaked in 2006 most likely) we are discussng here are TWAT, IRS, Better and CITR, if you heard them a decade ago, then you must be Axl Rose in person, that's for some news, now please stop interfering.

Not only that you simpleton, I saw them played live back in '02. Nice try, poseur, go back to your Foreigner records....'Chinese Democracy' in whatever its current form has been available from the major file sharers since at least 1999....I know, I downloaded my first copies then...
1st March 2006 10:01 PM
Dan The title "Chinese Democracy" was announced Nov 8 1999. I didn't the know the album was available at that time as well, but I was offline from mid Oct 1999 to Jan 2000 so I guess I missed it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)