ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guns 'n' Roses Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
24th February 2006 01:23 PM
Break The Spell It's not G&R, it's his solo project using the name of G&R...

Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and even Buckethead would agree...
24th February 2006 01:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
It's not G&R, it's his solo project using the name of G&R...

Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and even Buckethead would agree...

Steven Adler is a mess... How high was he? To be kicked out of G&R for doing too much dope... Now that's being really fucking high!!!
24th February 2006 01:32 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
pdog wrote:

Steven Adler is a mess... How high was he? To be kicked out of G&R for doing too much dope... Now that's being really fucking high!!!

He still is!! Metal Sludge actually had some pictures of him shooting up just recently.
24th February 2006 01:32 PM
glencar Isn't he in that band with fellow addict from STP?
24th February 2006 01:48 PM
winter
quote:
pdog wrote:

I really like his solo stuff... I don't like anything the other members have done outside of G&R, and I don't like what Axl is deeming as G&R...
It's not G&R, it's his solo project using the name of G&R...

I like VR, but it doesn't compare to either the original G'N'R or STP. Slashes solos get a bit tiring. It seems like everyone sounds like sweet child oh' mine.
24th February 2006 01:50 PM
speedfreakjive another classic is obviously the cover of Live And Let Die.
This shows that macca can be outdone

also, the Live Album, 88-93 is ace, brilliant even.
24th February 2006 02:03 PM
glencar Just because they did better than Macca on his own crappy song is no reason to like G&R.
24th February 2006 02:09 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
Just because they did better than Macca on his own crappy song is no reason to like G&R.

thats not what I was saying G-Cock.
24th February 2006 02:27 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:
No Izzy Stradlin, no G&R... I don't care who else is in the band...
Why?
Izzy was to G&R what Keith is to The Stones.

oh, the Stones made their best music without Keith?

24th February 2006 02:28 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

his latest band, Velvet Revolver is good man

a BIG step up from the Snakepit, I do like Velvet Revolver

24th February 2006 02:45 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

If you like Jaggers solo records or his fucked up attempts at solo tours doing stones tunes, then your anwer would be yes. It's the worst crap I ever heard... See Jaggers bootlegs from his aborted 1988 tour...
All I'm really saying is, Izzy is to G&R what Keith is to The Stones... Great rhythm guitar, song writing and IMO a real true rock and roller.
Axl is shit and Slash's playing is as bloated as any of Jimmy Page's crap.
Let Axl prove me wrong, maybe he made a great record in a with his 13 year effort
24th February 2006 02:50 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
pdog wrote:

If you like Jaggers solo records or his fucked up attempts at solo tours doing stones tunes, then your anwer would be yes. It's the worst crap I ever heard... See Jaggers bootlegs from his aborted 1988 tour...
All I'm really saying is, Izzy is to G&R what Keith is to The Stones... Great rhythm guitar, song writing and IMO a real true rock and roller.
Let Axl prove me wrong, maybe he made a great record in a with his 13 year effort

From the above, I can't tell whether you like G 'n' R or not Pdog!!
24th February 2006 02:52 PM
winter
quote:
pdog wrote:

Amen my Stonesian brother. Can I get a witness?

24th February 2006 02:53 PM
winter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

My interpretation is he likes Lies and Appetite, after that it was down hill. The Spaghetti Incident makes me chuckle.

winter
24th February 2006 02:53 PM
pdog
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I hate Axl, I think Slash's sound get's old, I love izzy Stradlin. I had an original cover vinyl version of AFD, loved it when it came out. Watched the band blow up into superstardom. I rarely get a desire to dig out old G&R stuff, but I still remember the way I felt hearing all those years ago. I do reguarly listen to Izzy's solo stuff. Saw Snakepit a few times and was always hoping to be impressed. I think VR sucks. I'm hoping Axl proves me wrong, but I'm very pesimistic.
24th February 2006 02:57 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
pdog wrote:

I hate Axl, I think Slash's sound get's old, I love izzy Stradlin. I had an original cover vinyl version of AFD, loved it when it came out. Watched the band blow up into superstardom. I rarely get a desire to dig out old G&R stuff, but I still remember the way I felt hearing all those years ago. I do reguarly listen to Izzy's solo stuff. Saw Snakepit a few times and was always hoping to be impressed. I think VR sucks. I'm hoping Axl proves me wrong, but I'm very pesimistic.

Ah. What is the best Izzy album?
24th February 2006 03:05 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

What is the best Izzy album?

the first two

[Edited by Bloozehound]
24th February 2006 05:18 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
pdog wrote:
No Izzy Stradlin, no G&R... I don't care who else is in the band...
Why?
Izzy was to G&R what Keith is to The Stones.

^^^The right answer^^^

Pretty much any good GNR song has a Stradlin' credit. Wish he would tour and/or release a non import album!
24th February 2006 05:21 PM
lotsajizz you might ask why Mr. Taylor-parallel/Izzy has not?

'cuz he's vastly over-rated might be the answer

maybe

OK now

Cazart!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
24th February 2006 05:22 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Are you implying that GNR made their best music without Izzy? If so, I must disagree considering they have only released one album without him: namely the less than stellar Spaghetti Incident. Even then, he still suggested a lot of those covers before he left the band and started recording solo records that blow away anything else a GNR member has released IMHO.
[Edited by HardKnoxDurtySox]
24th February 2006 05:26 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
you might ask why Mr. Taylor-parallel/Izzy has not?

'cuz he's vastly over-rated might be the answer

maybe

OK now

Cazart!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]

A Slash-Taylor parrallel would be more accurate considering they both wrote little and more or less played the lead guitar. Of course Taylor is about 4000 times better than slash but...
24th February 2006 05:30 PM
Dan Velvet Revolver bores me. As far as Buckethead being more talented than Slash... Talent means nothing. Talent is what musicians needed before rock n roll was invented. It may or may not be useful but its hardly a necessary ingredient.
24th February 2006 05:32 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Dan wrote:
Velvet Revolver bores me. As far as Buckethead being more talented than Slash... Talent means nothing. Talent is what musicians needed before rock n roll was invented. It may or may not be useful but its hardly a necessary ingredient.

b/s

24th February 2006 05:45 PM
pdog
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

A Slash-Taylor parrallel would be more accurate considering they both wrote little and more or less played the lead guitar. Of course Taylor is about 4000 times better than slash but...

He weighs more too!
24th February 2006 06:42 PM
kahoosier I have seen the adds for GNR live...from past experience... I think you have as much chance of seeing a good Stones show the day after Mick has done two shows in one day...LOL!

I may be Cynical, but I just cannot see Axl at this point getting it together enough to pull of even one single 2 hour show without incident. Hell, years ago when GNR actually toured it was a crap shoot if the man would finish a show!
24th February 2006 06:53 PM
sammy davis jr. Never liked G & R- never will. I liked Izzy's first solo record-that's it. Slash as a guitarist bored me to death- he's like the guy in "jam" sessions who just won't shut up.
24th February 2006 06:57 PM
Gimme Shelter I got to see GNR with Metallica when they did a double bill tour with Motorhead opening back in '92, and they rocked. Also have seen STP and VR and their shows were incredible.
24th February 2006 07:03 PM
Dan
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I got to see GNR with Metallica when they did a double bill tour with Motorhead opening back in '92, and they rocked. Also have seen STP and VR and their shows were incredible.

I was at that show (Rose Bowl). I thought Motorhead was the best band of the 3. I still like the concept though of 2 bands playing 135-150 min sets for a single ticket price ($28-30). Nowadays coheadlining tours are twice the usual price with shortened sets. RIP OFF! I saw STP once at the Palladium in '93 and almost fell asleep.
24th February 2006 07:23 PM
Gimme Shelter The GNR/Metallica show I saw was at the Kingdome in Seattle.
24th February 2006 11:25 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
could you tell us howe does it sound?
is it more pop oriented, rock, indus??

For some reason, people have been sending me those new songs all week. You can download a torrent of most of the circulated demos here:

About What You'd Expect
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)