ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HOOTERS - introducing it's own airline - nsc Return to archive
02-28-03 04:35 PM
steel driving hammer Hooters is ready to say it: 'Fly me'
Fri Feb 28, 2:53 PM ET Add Entertainment - USA TODAY to My Yahoo!

Craig Wilson USA TODAY

No longer do you have to go to a Hooters restaurant to see your favorite Hooters gal. Now she's taking her tank-top talents to the sky.

AP Photo

Hooters Air begins flying Thursday, when it will make its inaugural flight from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach, S.C. One-way tickets are $129 (slightly more than competitors' average fares) whether you buy six minutes or six weeks before departure, a perk Hooters hopes will lure the last-minute golfer. A $99 introductory fare is available through April 6.

''The Hooters Air motto is 'Easy to Buy, Fun to Fly,' '' Hooters vice president Mike McNeil says. ''We're adding two Hooters girls to each flight, just to bring that added element of hospitality.''

The launch of Hooters Air coincides with Hooters' year-long 20th anniversary celebration.

The jets are painted in the restaurant chain's signature orange and white. Onboard Hooter girls wear their traditional orange short-shorts and white tank tops.

Only one plane will operate at first. A Newark, N.J.-Myrtle Beach route through Atlanta will be added March 20, and it also will offer one flight a day.

Why Myrtle Beach? Because Hooters has four restaurants along the resort town's 30-mile stretch called ''The Grand Strand,'' an area populated with dozens of golf courses.

Hooters Air retrofitted 737s with 112 midsize leather seats for more legroom in the plane. On board will be two pilots, three flight attendants and the two Hooters girls.

The girls will distribute material about restaurant promotions and assist the flight attendants with beverage service.

''The whole thing is for show, of course,'' says Michael Boyd of the Boyd Group, an aviation consulting firm in Evergreen, Colo. ''They're not going to be carrying the deacons of the Baptist Church anytime soon, but that's OK.''

Hooters chairman Robert Brooks promises, ''We will offer a level of comfort and service unlike anything in the air today.''

Maybe, but the Association of Flight Attendants has its reservations.

''Our concern is the dual role might be confusing to passengers in an emergency situation,'' says Dawn Deeks, an association spokeswoman. ''Safety and security is our main focus.''

Reservations can be made at www.hootersair.com or by calling 888-FLY-HOOT.
02-28-03 04:43 PM
gypsy Guess whose flying the wedding guests to Hawaii in October?
02-28-03 04:48 PM
steel driving hammer Think they're should be more like this.

It'l get people flying the friendly skies again...

But it will be hard to compare Hooters Airlines w/ the Stones 72 STP touring party!

02-28-03 04:49 PM
LadyJane Gypsy, you are so damn funny!! LMAO!!

Somehow I forsee the Rocks Off Gentlemen acquiring many frequent flyer miles on Hooter Airlines!!

Can't wait for the replies to this one!!

LadyJ.
02-28-03 04:53 PM
Factory Girl Gypsy, go back to the end of the Pie thread-you should have a contest btwn joey and tele.
02-28-03 05:05 PM
telecaster Hooters Air is the new official airline of the ASS gathering in NC.

Get out those orange shorts girls
02-28-03 05:17 PM
nankerphelge I always thought there should be a topless airline serving Vegas -- always surprised no one ever put it together. This is close.

"Would you like milk in your coffee Mr. Nanky?...."
02-28-03 05:55 PM
Mother baby
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I always thought there should be a topless airline serving Vegas -- always surprised no one ever put it together.

Ever Heard of Howard Hughes?
[Edited by Mother baby]
02-28-03 06:15 PM
glencar Well, I hate flying out of Newark but this sounds like it'd be worth the sacrifice...
02-28-03 06:25 PM
Highwire Rob A shame they're not flying overseas--I want to see that flotation cushion demo!!
02-28-03 06:26 PM
Highwire Rob (Network problems--it just doubled my post)
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
02-28-03 06:31 PM
nankerphelge Howard Hughes? What the fuck are you talking about?
02-28-03 09:41 PM
steel driving hammer You think $1000.00 each of the C-10 could get us a flight on hOOters Airlnes to Finland for the weekend?

Mound trip?

STP 72 style?

If not, I'm sure we could rent a pilot, plane and babes for $10,000 for a weekend eh?

Take a thousand dollars lets go have some fun!
Put it all on, and then we'd be done Hang Fire!

I'll bring the video camera, wine, boots and more wine!

Are you in? Or am I dreaming?
02-28-03 09:52 PM
Maxlugar I'm in Steelie!

So, of course Joey is in!

That's three of us!

02-28-03 10:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot My kid loves going to Hooters. I love taking him there. He's so cute that those gals just fall all over themselves to "hang out" at our table. A cute 7 year old is as good as a puppy for "babe bait".

Hey SDH...I was at the Hooters in downtown Chicago...the one near Dirty Dicks..a few years ago. Four of us went to a PSU/Northwestern game. We stop in at Hooters for an appetizer after the game. We order a pitcher of brew. You know how the Hooters girls pour your beer for you? Well, our HG poured the other 3 guys a perfect glass. Then she just sloshed mine full of foam. I looked at her like "Are you retarded?". She saw the look on my face, put on a sexy smile, bent down low with her ample bosum around my neck, and cooed into my ear...."You looked like you needed some head.". Of course I forgave her immediately. Her little remark made beer shoot out of my Dad's nose. She got a big tip.

God we had fun that night.
03-01-03 12:17 AM
Mother baby
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Howard Hughes? What the fuck are you talking about?

It was a joke .... Before anything Howard Hughes probably did have an private aurline with topless waitresses...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST