ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone Catch Charlie's Stick in Chicago 9/10/02? Return to archive
02-28-03 12:04 PM
MidnightRambler Just wondering if anyone on this board caught ANY of Charlie's drum sticks throughout this show at the United Center...or if you know someone who does.

Please reply because I am faced with someone who claims to have Charlie's stick from this night and I need information to prove this.

Thanks
[Edited by MidnightRambler]
02-28-03 12:42 PM
jb Someone on Stonesdoug's board is claiming this....
02-28-03 03:05 PM
steel driving hammer Just a legal question...

What would happen if one night, Charlie threw a drum stick out,
and it hit a person in the face and knocked thier eye out?

LOL?

02-28-03 08:50 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Just a legal question...

What would happen if one night, Charlie threw a drum stick out,
and it hit a person in the face and knocked thier eye out?

LOL?

Well, if it were someone like that litigious woman at Rod Stewarts' concert (late '80s?) they'd be in for a big lawsuit. Remember Rod used to kick the soccer balls around to the fans until a female fan claimed her fingers were sprained from an impact. I believe her lawsuit claimed pain and suffering including loss of satisfaction in her and her husband's sexual life!

But what's one popped eye? If they covered my medical expenses, gave me two free tickets to all of their future shows, a few song requests, and I got to keep the drum stick--I'd be cool [emoticon with one eye]
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
03-01-03 04:22 AM
F505 steel driving hammer wrote:

What would happen if one night, Charlie threw a drum stick out, and it hit a person in the face and knocked thier eye out?

It actually almost happened! During the Paradiso concert 1995. It was in all Dutch papers:
"After the concert Charlie threw a stick in the audience and hit the Telegraaf-journalist Mark Veldkamp. He had injuries right under and above his eye. Veldkamp: Watts uses heavy sticks, so I felt on the floor bleading while the public grabbed for the stick . 'You must be honoured to have been hit by Charlie's stick' , someone of the organisation told me. They put a plaster on my face and gave me 25 guilders.
I was brought to the Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis (a hospital) where they made photos. The docter told me that a I certainly would be left with a scar.
Veldkamp wrote a letter to Mojo Concerts to put a claim."
How the case was settled I don't know. Mojo said they would solve the case with consideration.
03-01-03 08:24 AM
John Wood I caught one of Charlie's drumsticks from the mainstage at the end of the Toronto ACC show! It bounced off the guys head beside me and I caught it. I have it framed along with some pictures from that show I took and also two of Keith's guitar picks also from the same show. I caught one and my wife caught the other. I also watched Ronnie come over to Keith's side of the stage to give a guy in the front row a pick, but the guy missed it. Ronnie did not notice this and when the guy asked security to hand it to him he wouldn't. After this guy pleaded with security for it the security guy picked it up and put it in his own pocket. I remembered this security idiot from the Palais Royale show where he also was acting like a total asshole on a big ego trip.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST