ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: George Michael Denounces Protest Song (NSC) Return to archive
02-27-03 12:19 PM
Martha Go nutz people!

02/27/2003��11:05:55�EST
ALASTAIR GRANT/AP Photo
George Michael Denounces Protest Song

British pop singer George Michael, who has spoken out against a possible war on Iraq, has criticized plans by Lee Ryan of British boy band Blue to gather pop stars to record a protest song.

Ryan said last week he hoped to approach stars such as Justin Timberlake, Pink and Kylie Minogue for a song in the spirit of Band Aid, the 1984 record to aid Ethiopian famine relief.

But Michael, 39, said the prospective participants were too young and politically naive to carry it off.

"I'm begging, I'm hoping that there will not be a Band Aid 2 because the reality is that very, very few people in the industry now, that you're hearing on the radio, make their money from their own hearts and minds," said Michael, who performed on Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

"They make their money from singing the words of others, and so therefore the weight of something called Band Aid 2 would be incredibly slight," he told the British Broadcasting Corp.'s "Hardtalk" program in comments broadcast Wednesday.

Ryan said he'd written a song titled, "Stand up as People," with the chorus: "When are we gonna stand up as people-Realize that as people we're all equal-We don't want no world war sequel-For the love of God think of the people."

He said proceeds from the single would go to charities that help children affected by war.

Last summer, Michael released "Shoot the Dog," a song and video satirizing U.S. foreign policy in which British Prime Minister Tony Blair was depicted as President Bush's obedient poodle.
02-27-03 12:23 PM
nankerphelge That's right -- George is much more in tune with foreign relations -- especially those that take place in public restrooms!
02-27-03 12:41 PM
sirmoonie Wham was one of those bands that just made you shake your head and wonder what was wrong with mankind.
02-27-03 12:46 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Wham was one of those bands that just made you shake your head and wonder what was wrong with mankind.

Dido. I mean Boy George was perfectly acceptable but this!

How does George Michael get ANY reporter to write down
or record anything he says on any topic?
02-27-03 12:55 PM
telecaster Remember when Keith told him to "shave and go home"

Ah, Keith.
02-27-03 01:40 PM
jb His got a monkey on his back and dick in his mouth.
02-27-03 01:43 PM
Moonisup Last Christman I gave you my heart
and the very next day you took it away, cos I told I was gay

YES

well George must be put back in a men's room! Yes YES
02-27-03 01:53 PM
jb Sometimes I wanna wrap my coat around ya
02-27-03 02:18 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:
How does George Michael get ANY reporter to write down
or record anything he says on any topic?

Like Nanky said, I think he gets busted hustling pigeons in public bathrooms. That was actually the last I heard of him.
02-27-03 07:31 PM
Gazza Q. What's white and slides down a toilet wall?

A. George Michael's latest release....

"zip me up before you go-go...."
02-27-03 07:56 PM
nankerphelge That's alright!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST