ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod Laver Arena Melbourne Feb 27 setlist, pix and reviews Part 2 Return to archive
02-27-03 09:25 AM
corgi37 Just got home and am absolutely knackered. The show was tremendous. Simply fanstastic. Some great surprises. Ruby Tuesday was very good. Mannish Boy was a ass-kicker. I will post full details tomorrow. I can hardly think. I forgot to bring a pad and pen, so i will let others post the set list. I took some pics, and some came out great, and i will attempt to post them as well. Some items of interest before i crash out. 1. Ronnie had all sorts of problems for the first 5 songs or so. Sounded to me like his guitars were cutting out. He was getting pretty flustered. 2. When they say the arena stage is pretty basic, man, they arent kidding. I read the screen was a little bit shorter than in Sydney, but it looked alot smaller than other footage i've seen. 3. The crowd was pretty good, getting into it from the start. I was surprised by how many young people were there. I sat in front of an absolute honey of a teeny. her mum was foxy too. 4. Keith touched my wifes hand as was going to the B stage. 5. It was hot as fuck in the arena. 6. I was spewing i couldnt buy a stones tongue t-shirt with the vampire teeth.
02-27-03 10:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Corgi! Take your time and relax, we'll wait

Thanks again
02-28-03 07:25 AM
sirfito Thank you very much, Corgi!
Best,
Fito
02-28-03 02:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Download and listen some audio samples here http://novogate.com/board/968/143560-1.html

Thanks crashbandicoot001
02-28-03 06:51 PM
CS Rolling Stones Setlist Expands
By Paul Cashmere

The Rolling Stones performed 'Ruby Tuesday' last night at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. It was the first time their 1967 sentimental song has been performed to date on the Forty Licks tour.

Melbourne 2/27 by Ros O'Gorman

The second Melbourne audience was also treated to another couple of additions for the Australian leg of the tour. 'Mannish Boy', that Bo Diddley classic blues song that first appeared on Love You Love back in '77 was featured in the small stage part of the gig. 'Monkey Man' from 1969's Let It Bleed also made its Aussie debut last night.

The audience were stunned by the 10 min + 'Midnight Rambler' and the voice of Lisa Fischer duelling with Mick on 'Gimme Shelter'.

The Stones are touring with sax player Bobby Keys who played on their Sticky Fingers album. He aligned last nights live version of 'Brown Sugar' with the original studio version from 1971.

Let It Bleed was once again the albums of the night with four songs 'You Can't Always Get What You Want', 'Gimme Shelter', 'Monkey Man' and 'Midnight Rambler'. (Let It Bleed gets a bonus point because it contained 'Country Honk', the country version of 'Honky Tonk Women').

Keith's double was 'Thru and Thru' and 'Happy.

Street Fighting Man (From Beggars Banquet 1968)
Start Me Up (From Tattoo You 1981)
You Got Me Rocking (from Voodoo Lounge 1994)
Don't Stop (from Forty Licks 2002)
Monkey Man (From Let It Bleed 1969)
Ruby Tuesday (from Between The Buttons 1967)
You Can't Always Get What You Want (from Let It Bleed 1969)
Midnight Rambler (from Let It Bleed 1969)
Tumbling Dice (from Exile On Main Street 1972)
Thru and Thru (Keith on vocals) (from Voodoo Lounge 1994)
Happy (Keith on vocals) (from Exile On Main Street 1972)
Sympathy For The Devil Street Fighting Man (From Beggars Banquet 1968)
Gimme Shelter (from Let It Bleed 1969)
Honky Tonk Women (single 1969)
Jumping Jack Flash (single 1968)

B Stage
Mannish Boy (from Love You Live 1977)
It's Only Rock & Roll (from It's Only Rock and Roll 1974)
Brown Sugar (from Sticky Fingers 1971)

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (single 1965)

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST