ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pleased to meet you..Micheal Putland??? Return to archive
02-27-03 12:00 AM
gypsymofo60 Anybody laid eyes on this book yet? Read about it in The Australian edition of Rolling Stone Magazine March issue.
02-27-03 09:43 AM
throbby Hey gypsymofo60, I have the book. Very nicely done by Genesis Publications based in England. It contains 400 photos on 228 pages. The majority of the photos are black and white, and are mostly from the 70's. There is some text from the photographer interspersed amongst the photos. A very beautiful book with much attention to detail in its publication. With this quality comes expense. The book sells for 296.00 U.S. Only 1750 copies were published worldwide. It is still available if you are interested. This is the same publisher who did the Exile book, also quite beautiful I might add.

www.genesis-publications.com
02-27-03 09:48 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That's a fantastic book, I don't have it but a friend lent me the book for some hours and he was in front of me to avoid having me scanning images from the book to use it as headers LOL

IN this case a high price does NOT mean expensive,,, if you can afford it it's a must, one of the best Genesis Publications
02-27-03 10:09 AM
throbby Yes Voodoo, well worth the price. The value will only go up once the book is sold out. I can't wait for the release of their next Stones book by Ethan Russell, "Let It Bleed", covering the '69 US tour.
02-27-03 11:26 AM
gypsy I love Stones photo books...I have a lot of them. I like the books that have pics of them off stage and/or with their families. I really like "Unseen Archives" by Susan Hill. Great pics...under $15. I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a book. I spent a couple hundred on a boxing book for my dad not too long ago. But, it is like the Holy Grail of boxing books. My dad had been searching for it for 40 years. I think little gypsy has edged out her sister as far as inheritance goes. Did you hear that, Joey?
02-27-03 11:29 AM
gypsy Has anyone bought the new book "Mick & Keith: Parallel Lives" by Chris Salewicz? I'm just curious. It will probably be a bunch of re-hashed stuff from past books. I still like Stanley Booth's book the best.
[Edited by gypsy]
02-27-03 05:04 PM
Monkey Woman Hi, Gypsy! I've bought the 'Mick & Keith' book and finished reading it not long ago.
Indeed there is no new material, nearly all info comes from previous books and interviews. What's interesting in this book is that it tells the lives of our Glimmer Twins together, honestly and without preference for one or the other. The author (Chris Salewicz) really knows his stuff, he doesn't have an ax to grind with the Stones and he isn't attempting to make himself look clever!
All in all it's a very good read, especially if you are looking for an overall book about the band and/or the Glimmer Twins. I'd say it's a must-buy, must-read for beginners in Stones lore!
02-27-03 08:35 PM
gypsy Thanks for the review, Monkey Woman. It's definitely on my list of things to buy.
Does the book contain any photos?
02-27-03 10:33 PM
CousinCocaine I have "Pleased to meet you" too and it is a nice book like all those Genesis nuggets.
But I prefer Exile and the new one from Ethan Russel. That guy made some of the hottest photos through their great 69-72 period !
CC
02-27-03 11:11 PM
gypsymofo60 Thanks Throbby, expensive indeed, ah well! maybe I'll win the lottery this week, I'm feeling lucky....thanks again.
02-28-03 01:58 AM
Monkey Woman Yes, Gypsy, the 'Mick & Keith' book contains several pages of very interesting photos, including early portraits of the boys (pimples and all ) and rarely seen shots, onstage and off.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST