ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off..the Boot not the board Return to archive
02-26-03 09:41 PM
Fiji Joe Is this not the entire Perth show?...Nico's tracklist is much shorter than the CD I have...is this boot also comprised of tunes from the Sydney show two days later?
02-26-03 09:51 PM
Nasty Habits Fiji --

As far as I know, Rocks Off is all Perth, but it's not all OF Perth. If you have the Swingin' Pig one, it is missing JJF and Street Fight. Ends with Rip This Joint. If you have one with JJF and Street Fight I would be interested in knowing if that is all Perth or not.

BTW, check yr. pm.

02-26-03 10:32 PM
steel driving hammer Just like your picture below your,

"Mr Gringo, my father he ain't no Che Guevara"

You got half the boot....

Cheers.
02-26-03 11:08 PM
Cardinal Fang Fiji Joe,

If you have the Swinging Pig version that ends with Rip This Joint, ALL of the songs are from the 2/24/73 Perth show EXCEPT the following songs:

Love In Vain
Sweet Virginia
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Rip This Joint

Those 4 songs are from the 2/26/73 Sydney show.

I hope this answers your question ?

Later, Cardinal Fang
02-26-03 11:40 PM
Fiji Joe Thanks Cardinal...that's what I suspected
02-27-03 10:30 AM
Nasty Habits Does a complete soundboard of Perth circulate?

02-27-03 10:40 AM
throbby I have a Tarantura slimline box set of the Australian '73 tour containing one disc from the Perth show and one disc from the Sydney show. I will check tonight to see if it is indeed complete.
02-27-03 07:01 PM
Cant Catch Me "Happy Birthday Nicky," 2-CDs on the Oh Boy label, has the afternoon Perth Feb. 24, 1973, show one disc 1, with the evening show from same day on disc 2. Afternoon show is shorter, 10 songs and almost 50 minutes, vs. evening show with 14 songs and about 65 minutes. Both are excellent performances in outstanding sound.
02-27-03 09:22 PM
throbby Boy this can get confusing considering some of the underhanded bootlegers out there and thirty years gone by. As per Bill's book, Felix Aeppli's book and Nico's website the Stones played only one show at Perth on Feb.24th and two shows at Sydney, one on the 26th and one on the 27th. None of these three dates had both an afternoon and evening show.
I have TSP "Rocks Off" and would agree with Cardinal Fang on the breakdown of the songs based on the info in Felix's book.
The Tarantura set I have is called "Back Strap Jacket". The first disc is the same as TSP title, a combination of 10 songs from the 24th with four from the 26th. The second disc is stated to be "the first truly complete and longest version of the evening show from the 27th at Sydney..". It is indeed a full show at 16 songs (incl. JJF and SFM) and is a SB recording.
I would say the Oh Boy title is the Perth show from the 24th and the Sydney show from the 26th.
As per Nico's site SB recordings were made at all three shows. If anyone has a nice sounding copy of the SB recording from the 26th and would like to trade for the 27th let me know.
[Edited by throbby]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST