ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i like your pin shot... Return to archive
02-26-03 02:56 PM
beautifulsurvivor Just wanted to say thanks to all here who have posted such excellent photos of Mick and the boys. Although I'd like to see more of Darryl ;-)

Very impressive up-close-and-personal pics...you guys rock!
02-26-03 03:34 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Darryl seems to be following the same road as Mick Taylor...I estimate that he gained 30 lbs since last tour...thats 3 years...so at this rate...he will reach Mick Taylor size pants by the 50th anniversary tour.
02-26-03 03:48 PM
beautifulsurvivor now that i think about it - i guess i already am seeing MORE of darryl...lol
(but i still think he's sexy)
02-26-03 03:53 PM
jb He really is a fat ass....has no business being on stage with the band....he is at best, a average bass player, and has truly destroyed the once great rhythm section of the Stones. God help those kangeroes!
02-26-03 03:56 PM
Moonisup well he has played with miles davis so he ain't not that bad,

I don't know a real good bass player for the stones!

hmzz maybe Paul?
02-26-03 03:59 PM
jb Miles Davis was an overrated , wig wearing, shit.
02-26-03 04:01 PM
stoneslib Here's Darryl next to the Riff...

H
02-26-03 04:03 PM
jb How recent..he don't look 1/2 bad there.
02-26-03 04:15 PM
stoneslib San Diego, November 14, 2002, i.e., *before* the Thanksgiving and Christmas spreads of food.

02-26-03 04:20 PM
jb lol
02-26-03 04:21 PM
beautifulsurvivor Darryl's a great bass player... Miles, Sting, the Stones, etc. Just cause he's not Bill W. doesn't mean he isn't good.

jb - you may be the only person on the planet that thinks miles davis was overrated....open your mind...you should listen to some other music besides just rock n' roll.

*luv*
02-26-03 04:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Miles Davis was an overrated , wig wearing, shit.

LOL JB... remember you can delete your own messages to protect your musical taste reputation

Miles was great, one of the greatest what a pity he ended that way, Darryl has more stage prescence and is better than Bill, yes, Bill was a Rolling Stone, but not as good as Darryl from the technical point of view

He's probably ugly to you but I don't give a fuck if he's fat, ugly and sweat a lot... do you?

Next show look at him while nobody is looking
02-26-03 04:37 PM
jb Gerado....did you see his wig ? Really bad!!!
02-26-03 04:38 PM
Moonisup well Billy boy played some great songs with the stones, just listen to handsome girls! he's on the jazz!
02-26-03 04:53 PM
beautifulsurvivor stoneslib - love that pic - thanks for sharing

i want all of that...lol

02-26-03 04:59 PM
F505 JB are you wearing a hairpeace?
02-26-03 05:09 PM
stoneslib Thanks, beaut, you're quite welcome. I keep reliving that 15 minutes of fun & fame next to the B-stage rail...

02-26-03 05:14 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
jb wrote:
Miles Davis was an overrated , wig wearing, shit.

Ouch... c'mon, jb, I was starting to like you there for a while. Crank some Miles David, and THEN crank some Stones. It'll do you good.
02-26-03 08:38 PM
Miss U.
From rehearsals this past summer.
02-27-03 09:33 AM
beautifulsurvivor Miss U - Oh Maaaaaaan....that pic didn't show up. Just a red x in a white box. My computer here at work sucks - is that why? lol
02-27-03 09:49 AM
jb No F505..that's the one thing i have never been accused of!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST