ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jerry and lizzie at bafta awards (nsc) Return to archive
02-26-03 09:32 AM
moy

U.S. actress and former model Jerry Hall and her daughter Elizabeth Jagger arrive for the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards at the Odeon Leicester Square in central London February 23, 2003. A host of Hollywood stars are expected to attend the 54th annual BAFTA Awards ceremony which has been switched in the calendar to give it a higher profile in advance of next month's Academy Awards. REUTERS/Stephen Hird
02-26-03 10:13 AM
FotiniD What on earth is that Lizzie's wearing????
02-26-03 10:17 AM
gypsy I think it's a traditional Croatian peasant dress of some sort.
02-26-03 10:28 AM
Factory Girl Why is Lizzie wearing it? She looks tre frumpy...
02-26-03 10:35 AM
Maxlugar Ugh! And those shoes!

9 West, call your office!

Wooo!

Bob Macky!

02-26-03 10:51 AM
Factory Girl Lizzie is not that pretty. Mick's and Jerry's genes did not collide well on this one.
02-26-03 11:09 AM
Boomhauer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Ugh! And those shoes!

9 West, call your office!

Wooo!

Bob Macky!

Max, you never shopped at Chess King or the Merry Go Round, did you?

I remember being a young lad in the 80's seeing those stores in the mall...I think they don't exist anymore.
02-26-03 06:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Lizzie is not that pretty. Mick's and Jerry's genes did not collide well on this one.

I agree FG!! I always thought she had nothing 'super-model' special. I mean, she's no ugly dog, but just not that special. I also feel she lacks personality, but I've never met her, so that's difficult to say obviously.

OOOH: Dutch radio is playing Can't you hear me knocking while I'm typing this post! Lovely...
02-26-03 08:52 PM
Miss U. Lizzie is very pretty, nice shy smile. You can really see the resemblance with Jerry & Mick. She looks better as a brunette than a blonde.
02-26-03 09:22 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
Lizzie is very pretty, nice shy smile. You can really see the resemblance with Jerry & Mick. She looks better as a brunette than a blonde.

Hmm, funny, I liked her better as a blonde. But the dark hair gives her a more classic look I must admit.
Did you notice the sound of her laugh is a copy of Jerry's?
[Edited by Angiegirl]
02-27-03 12:30 PM
moy Diamonds at your fingertips
(Filed: 27/02/2003)

Jenni Baden Howard on the latest bling bling accessory

It wasn't just the clothes that dazzled on Julien Macdonald's catwalk last week. For the designer's characteristically sexy autumn/winter 2003 collection, Temptation, the models - including Elizabeth Jagger, Liberty Ross and Jacquetta Wheeler - sported show-stopping false nails, decorated with real diamonds and lace.

Glitter: real diamonds and lace on false nails

"The collection is a super-sexy mix of sporty luxury and glamorous tailoring, and wearing the diamond nails adds the fabulous finishing touch," says Macdonald. "They are the new 'bling, bling' accessory."

The couture talons were made for the show by nail art designer Lucy Tucker of Elegant Touch. "Julien's brief was to create a variety of sexy but subtle nail designs, incorporating lace and diamonds, to compliment his outfits," says Tucker, who also applied the nails backstage.

"He chose two looks for the show: one natural nail scattered with diamonds, and one clear one featuring a combination of black lace and diamonds. Besides reflecting what's happening in fashion - lace is very 'in' at the moment - the nails looked wonderfully feminine and sexy, and worked perfectly with Julien's amazing creations."

For those who want to try the look at home, Elegant Touch has created a set of limited edition Lace Nails (sadly minus the carats) in black, inspired by the Macdonald show. They are exclusive to Harrods and are available now (�6.99 a set, tel: 020 7730 1234).

A white version will be widely available in the spring, as part of Elegant Touch's main collection (�6.99 a set, at Boots). To add your own sparkle, get creative with some stick-on nail jewels.

While the new Lace Nails are designed to be applied with nail glue and to last for up to 10 days (after which they can be removed by soaking them in a special solution), there is a more temporary option. At the Macdonald show, Tucker used Elegant Touch's Nail Tabs (�1.49 per set), which can be used with any false nails and will provide enough stick for a special occasion.

"Although nail glue will not harm nails if used properly, the tabs are ideal for a fashion show - or a party," says Tucker. "The tabs can be removed by soaking them in warm, soapy water for one minute and then gently peeling them off."

A few words of advice for those who become attached to their falsies, and want to keep them looking good for as long as possible: "Wear rubber gloves when washing up, don't immerse your nails in water for long periods of time and avoid using harsh cleaning products," advises Tucker.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST