ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: melb 27th plans Return to archive
02-26-03 07:09 AM
corgi37 ok, i dont know what anyone else is doing, but here is my plan. If anyone has a better idea, and i am allowed to come along, let me know, but here is what i am doing. Around 6.30, i will be at the Depot in Richmond. Now, 2 buddies of mine went there prior to the 1st Melb gig, and they played Stones for hours. Trouble is, that was a Tuesday, and the 2nd show is a Thursday. The Depot is open until 3am after the 2nd gig, but it is Uni night. So, its goatee's and nose pierced lesbians in baggy camouflage pants all round. I rang today, and there is anticpated a very long cue around 11pm. Oh, also, the time it took to get out of Rod Laver was around 30 minutes. Thats not by car, or hovercraft or anything, thats walking out. Evidently, only 2 doors were open. 14,000 people out of 2 doors can be very ugly. So, as i said, here is my plan. Only as i havent seen any other plan. If anyone else is doing something, and i can tag along, so be it. But:::::: 6.30 i will be at Depot. In leather jacket with delightful "rocks off" written in liquid paper on the back. I plan to park around Lennox st. Its free and not meter parking after 5.30pm. I feel i will partake of some music at the Rod Laver arena, then, maybe back to the Bridge Hotel for a recovery pot or 22. Mindful of the dreadful "uni" night, and all it entails. 2 mixed drinks and 2 beers cost $25 at the arena, so fuck that!!! I dont imagine i am a trend setter or even a popular fellow, but that is what i plan to do, and if anyone from here wants to have a quiet one before the show with wifey and me, it would be great. OR, indeed, after the show. Either way, i hope all who go to the 2nd show (probably from now on known as the "Corgi" show), have a great night. Oh, and i have received my digi cam from bro. It is so fucking small, a no-necked bouncer geek aint gonna find it. 8 rows from the front should give me some top pics. Once i figure out how to use the mother!
02-26-03 07:35 AM
gypsymofo60 If I had the time and the inclination, I would be hanging out at either Richmond pub over the next few nights, unfortuately- I have two younguns, and no longer possess the constitution of a shire horse, I reckons summats afoot if ya get my drift......Sooooookeepyaeyespeeled.....
02-26-03 06:47 PM
fmk438j All that area is in the opposite direction to where I am, but I may make the depot before, as I got the directions off gypysmofo and did a dry run yesterday.
02-26-03 09:12 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
All that area is in the opposite direction to where I am, but I may make the depot before, as I got the directions off gypysmofo and did a dry run yesterday.

I've got this gut feeling about The Depot, especially after what Corgi said. Maybe Friday night.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST