ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howie Epstein, RIP Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-26-03 03:35 PM
sammy davis jr. I've met TP and he's real cool and down to earth. He's no asshole. Shove a pen in Mick's face when he walks out of a restaurant or something and see what he acts like.
02-26-03 06:45 PM
Gazza JB said >Hello Gazza...have you and Mathjis been hanging about lately?

well,whilst I dont agree with everything Mathijs says,I'd trust his knowledge and judgement on the Stones and music in general before anyone who just asskisses blindly in the vain hope that Mick and co are gonna descend from on high for them and give them a private gig for their "loyalty" or something equally absurd. dream on,folks...if you cant see that a $1000 ticket price for a greatest hits show in Vegas is the entertainment industry's way of fucking you hard in the ass, then you really must have applied an awful lot of vaseline..

I sacrificed a lot more than you and many people to see the band on this tour,so without sounding like some kind of martyr I think I've a perfect right to bitch if I see something worthy of doing so.. 19,000 airmiles when you already have a five figure credit card debt takes a bit more "loyalty" than sitting on your arse in front of a pc ordering overpriced tickets which won't even make a tiny dent in your bank balance, believe me.

I thought the 4 shows Ive seen so far were very good (MSG and Anaheim were excellent, Staples very good,Giants OK). However,nothing will ever convince me that they werent overpriced and that the quality of the crowds wasnt adversely affected by the fact that the price tag limits the type of audience to a far too exclusive group of people.. $160 to watch a show that you can only really see on a video screen from 70 yards away doesnt convince me unfortunately. I went along with it simply because the alternative was not going at all and because I had generous and kind friends who helped me with a place to crash. I enjoyed both trips immensely and the concerts and I met great people but that doesnt mean that I thought the concerts were good value for what I paid (the exception being Anaheim, funny enough where I had $90 nosebleeds but still witnessed the best stadium show I've seen the Stones do in 7 years..)
02-26-03 06:47 PM
Moonisup you are right about the stones alienating from their roots
02-26-03 10:56 PM
sammy davis jr. Right on Gazza.....I haven't gone to any of the shows because frankly, it 'aint worth it to me. The HBO special only convinced me of it even more. I've seen the Stones in '75,'78, '81, The Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours. The latter were basically the same show they're still doing- 15 years later. (minus the album filler songs they played on the respective tours to promote the record) I still love the band, but it's all because I grew up while Beggars Banquet, Exile, Sticky Fingers etc. was new and exciting music- A soundtrack to my youth. Plus Mick and Keith were a team in those days. Now days they just work together. There's no doubt it's all about money now, and I certainly don't blame them a bit-but it's not the same. That doesn't make me any less a fan in my book.
02-27-03 02:00 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm sick of their over-priced tickets AND merchandise, also, by the way!!! But, I still look forward to seeing them in August... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
But, I TOTALLY agree with Gary about the ticket prices AND I have to add... The merchandise, also!!! And, it's not just the Stones but ALL concert merchandise... What the fuck is with ramming fans up the ass?!?!?! I can get MUCH cooler and cuter t-shirts, etc., at Buffalo Exchange (http://www.buffaloexchange.com) and I do and I WILL!!! lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P

Anyways, I hope I was a good tour guide, Gary... lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P Thank you for letting me vent and rant... lol..................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P Rock on and PEACE!!! lol..................................... :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***

P.S. (I don't work at Buffalo Exchange, or anything, but if you want cool, used (some just slightly used, etc.) concert t-shirts and tons of cool, EXCELLENTLY-priced clothing, etc., go there!!! I just got a REALLY cool used Stones t-shirt... I ALWAYS find cool used and slightly-used Stones things there!!! IT ROCKS!!! HAVE FUN!!! lol..................................... :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST