ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones vs. Van Halen Return to archive
02-24-03 10:12 PM
exile
ha ha Just kidding
02-24-03 11:22 PM
Madafaka Jajajaja! I supposed that
02-25-03 11:01 AM
egon van halen, of course!
02-25-03 11:06 AM
Boomhauer Van Hagar, not Van Roth...

lol

Yeah, Van Halen is way better than the Stones.

C'mon! "Panama" or "Jumpin' Jack Flash"? Duh... "Panama"!!!
02-25-03 11:12 AM
egon how about

jump or jumping jack flash????

not to mention that the van halen bros are.....

DUTCH!!!!!!!!!
02-25-03 11:32 AM
Maxlugar There is no comparison really. Nothing can be compared with the Stones.

But you all can joke all you want about Van Halen but when they burst on the scene it was huge. You might say Stonesian. They were loud, raw, bombastic and with a guitar player that was making EVERYONE say "Whoa!"

I have a boot from 1977 Pasadena, Ca. that is incredible if anyone wants to trade for it.

Their first four albums are great. That's right I said GREAT.

They died a slow, agonizing public death that was hard to watch for me. By the time Gary Cherone was fronting them it was like the musical version of Rotten.com.

Except I like looking at Rotten.com.

Macky Van Halen (The retarded cousin)!
[Edited by Maxlugar]
02-25-03 11:37 AM
Boomhauer Shiiiiiiit, Max.

My dad saw them in '84 and said it was fucking LOUD!

Hell, Van Halen has some good tunes....but I was joking about the comparison factor. Because your right, you can't compare the Stones to anybody.
02-25-03 01:34 PM
doo doo doo Dude Maxy-

You're wisdom never ceases to amaze me. I too remember when it wasn't embarrassing to be a Van Halen fan. Personally I think all the albums will DLR are excellent and before he left they were pretty badass, even opened for the Stones in 82. Who would have thought it would become such a painful comedy.

Is that boot you have from the Pasadena Hilton? I think they do a cover of "If You Can't Rock Me" on it. I have a great video I'm willing to trade of them at the US festival in '83 (Sample Dave quote to an audience member: "Don't squirt water at me...I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend, pal!!"). Fucking hilarious. Would trade for Stones.

your pal,

doo doo doo Dude

02-25-03 02:12 PM
Maxlugar Oh thank you Doo doo doo doo doo Dude!

It's a small club in Pasadena but I'm not sure if it is the Hilton. I think they mention the place. I'll have to listen tonight and let you know. There is not a cover of If You Can't Rock Me though. I'd love to hear that!

Yes I will definately trade for the video! Is saw them in '82 and it ruled!

I'll make a copy tonight.

Email me at [email protected] for exciting details!

MACKY VAN ROTH!
02-25-03 05:40 PM
exile yeah as you can tell i was joking

I saw Van Halen about 5 years ago with that new lead singer Gary Cherone and it was dismal to watch

never been a Van halen fan although i like their version of "You really got me" that rocks

02-25-03 10:53 PM
BILL PERKS VAN HALEN WAS AN AWESOME BAND IN ITS TIME.THERE'S A PIC OF THEM IN THE DIVER DOWN CD OF THEM IN FRONT OF A STADIUM FULL OF PEOPLE,YET IT'S THEM OPENING FOR THE STONES IN FLA 81.IT'S A SHAME THEY COULD'NT KEEP IT TOGETHER
02-26-03 08:17 AM
TT Diver down: to whom belongs the shoe onstage?

I had a time when I relly liked them: MEAN STREET (instrumental part: Dance baby!), And the Cradle will rock,Running with the devil, Panama, I don�t wanna hear about it later....

Btw. Eddie had cancer a few years ago, how is he doing?
02-26-03 08:45 AM
Maxlugar I made your CD, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Dude.

Listing to it now.

Email me your address!

MACKY!
02-26-03 09:54 AM
Boomhauer
quote:
TT wrote:

Btw. Eddie had cancer a few years ago, how is he doing?

Last time I remember, he said he was 100% better. No more cancer.

Apparently Eddie made a post at the Van Halen website saying the cancer is out of him.

BTW, Van Cherone was horrible!!!!
02-26-03 10:02 AM
gypsy I loved the old Van Halen...with Roth of course. It was sad to see them go downhill like they did. It could've happened to our Stones if Keith or Mick or Charlie had ever had to have been replaced...*shudder*
02-26-03 10:31 AM
Maxlugar Oh, and it's the Pasadena Civic Center, Doo doo doo doo doo Dude.

Just an FYI (For Your Information).

TIA! (Thanks In Advance)

GTG! (Got To Go)

MACKY!!! + !
02-26-03 11:28 AM
jb Van Halen=Joke
02-26-03 11:41 AM
Highwire Rob The only comparison I can see is:

David Lee Roth-->Tiger Print Spandex

Mick Jagger --> American Football Tights (bright yellow) with Pads

My vote goes to Mick because he didn't let that "look" define his entire mature career (still going strong).

Also Mick doesn't look like the incarnation of Carol Channing!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
02-26-03 12:09 PM
jb Carol channing!!!LMAO!!! "Well hello Davie, well hello Davie, it's so nice to see you losing all your hair"
02-26-03 01:23 PM
doo doo doo Dude Maxlugar,

Check your email for my addy and thanks for doo doo doing this. Will have your vid and CD ready to ship by tomorrow.

your pal,

doo doo doo dude

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST