ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney SuperDome Feb 22 setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-24-03 04:03 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks you guys - but all is cool - the depression faded with the hangover - apologies for getting a bit maudlin and melodramatic - i do that when i mix intense experience with too much to drink

nasty, as usual, you're right - there will always be another itch to scartch but (if you'll allow me to mix some metaphors) that was a big motherf$%king monkey i got off my back at the enmore and now he's gone he aint never coming back...

that experience has filled a big hole in my wisdom and experience - it has given me a new perspective (and not only) on the stones music and related stuff
(like this board for instance) i can now approach and appreciate it knowing i have plumbed the depths of understanding what the hell is going on with these rolling stones - in away it's a cool feeling - the heat is off - i finally got that scene together and it was sweet and dandy

ultimately the whole thing was just a huge inspiration

lux i guess we will see what unfolds - you never know what might happen next...

thanks moonisup - right back at you - but as the song says, "we're so respectable"

and now i'm back home and exhausted - i need a holiday so it's a good thing i've still got another week off

the grammy's are on tv tonight - apparently bruce is doing a tribuite to joe - that will be interesting at least and has the potential to be maginificent

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
02-24-03 05:46 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Damn!! You're right...

And with the ticket prices, you'd think they'd play more.

I still think they have a lot of energy, but it doesn't seem like they can get more than 21 or 22 in.

Maybe it's because of songs like Knockin' and MR?

I've read somewhere on IORR that mick was ill the last few days, maybe that is why they played shorter songs!

rik
02-24-03 03:00 PM
jb SIA...very happy for you....your depression will fade and memories will replace your temporary void...yes, this is the last time you will ever see the Stones...but what a way to go out!!!
02-24-03 03:28 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat SIA: excellent post, thank you. I know for a fact, that I will experience your feelings regarding the Stones after the Wembley show next August. In fact, I am thinking about that al lot lately: the Stones play such an important emotional role in my life; wtf should I do without them?
02-25-03 01:25 AM
parmeda SIA...once again, you've given us an outstanding rendition of what it's like to be 'a fan'. I'm sure a lot of us that have read your post, had the pleasure to re-live their own experiences through yours. We just hate to let go, don't we?
Don't take off your seatbelt so quickly...the ride isn't over yet. We may not be able to see every show, but we can read someone else's tale and feel the excitement all over again.

Thanks buddy...
02-25-03 11:40 AM
moy some pix by nikky smith and jake cohl from the official website

02-28-03 10:09 PM
throbby Nice pics Moy. Thanks for posting.
03-01-03 05:53 AM
luxury1 Wow--I'll say--those are fantastic!--Are you in one of them Moy? Is that you with the autographed Australia? Mick does look a bit pale, and not quite as rippe., I have also been suffering from a cold for weeks, I hope he didn't catch it from me.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST