ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone 2003 Top 50 Moneymakers Return to archive
02-26-04 11:06 PM
Soldatti Here the list:

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=2804
02-27-04 05:56 AM
gotdablouse Too bad these old stingy bastards aren't topping the "artistic" top list. In fact for the true fans, it would probably be better news if they were a bit more hungry...Might prod them to do something of interest for a change.
02-27-04 06:46 AM
LadyJane This "true fan" is quite happy and proud to see the Stones on top!! Oh..I suppose that makes me an idol worshiper!!

Way to go boys!!

LJ.
02-27-04 07:57 AM
gotdablouse Let me rephrase, too bad the Stones have converted all their artistic ambitions into money-making ambitions.

Honestly I can't care less whether Mick and Keith are now worth $300 million at the end of 2003 instead of $250 million at the end of 2002, doesn't make a fuck*** difference in the world to anyone (including themselves) except to their financial advisers.

On the other hand I would be much happier if they'd put out a new album in 2003. Damnit, these guys used to live for the music after all and that's what we fell for, not these moronic stadium shows.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
02-27-04 11:15 AM
quackenbush It might be better if they were broke, then we would definitely know they were working on an album.
02-27-04 04:09 PM
gotdablouse There's nothing wrong with making shitloads of money, except when it makes you lose touch with what you set out to do in the first place. As far as I'm concerned the Stones as I loved them are now defunct and have been since 1999. How sad is it to have Keith say in the Uncut interview that in essence, as far as he's concerned he doesn't need to write another song to milk the fans until he drops. Is this the same man who went through hell to get Chuck Berry to play a concert in his hometown with a decent band for Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll ?!

I was listening to UMT from the Tempe, Az concert of 1981 and man that was still the Stones then, bad and raw and to think that at the time they were accused of having sold out already...
02-27-04 04:37 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat When will I hit this Top 50, that's what I wanna know.
02-27-04 05:20 PM
gotdablouse Honestly, I hope you have better things to do!
To have the talent of the Stones and waste it just to amass as much money as possible...hum...that's like selling your soul to devil ;-)
02-27-04 05:22 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Honestly, I hope you have better things to do!
To have the talent of the Stones and waste it just to amass as much money as possible...hum...that's like selling your soul to devil ;-)

I don't mind selling my soul. As long as it pays off.
02-27-04 05:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I don't mind selling my soul. As long as it pays off.

$...?
02-27-04 05:28 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

$...?

Yap!!!!!!
02-27-04 05:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Yap!!!!!!