ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie joining Rod at MSG tonight Return to archive
02-26-04 01:31 PM
Stonesdoug he'll do a couple songs
02-26-04 01:33 PM
jb Hopefully he will join up with Rod permanently and Mick Taylor can replace him.
02-26-04 04:31 PM
steel driving hammer Should be a good setlist w/ not too many of those standard ballads if Ronnie's there.

Cut Across Shorty, Shorty Cut Across..............It's you that I wanna win!
02-26-04 04:37 PM
parmeda Well I'll be a sonofabitch...
Why didn't he pop in last Friday?
02-26-04 04:52 PM
crb69 Damn it! I would have gone if I had known Ronnie was gonna rock with Rod tonight! Something told me to get tix when they went on sale...As long as Ronnie doesn't take the song to heart - "Stay with Me" (I think he knows where his home is)

JB, we couldn't be so lucky to have MT come back. That line up was the best but put to rest a long time ago...I don't think Keef would be willing to work hard enough or be willing to "give it up" for MT anyway. I can't believe I just said that, I must have watched the HBO show too many times.
02-27-04 03:06 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
Hopefully he will join up with Rod permanently and Mick Taylor can replace him.

Yeah, and then the Stones would ABSOLUTELY release a new Exile on Main Street, version 2004, the seas would be clean from waste again, the ozone layer would be fixed in a blink and all wars would cease. Jeez! Don't be addicted to the past jb, this is thirty years later! And Wood'd better stay right where he is - with the Stones! You'd think the guy would get some respect for all his years with the band, but no, Mick Taylor, Mick Taylor, Mick Taylor!!!! ENOUGH WITH THAT ALREADY! Do you like Mick Taylor? Alright, catch him live, he does solo stuff!!

Sorry, one too many MT/RW threads over the past years finally did the trick Can't stand this anymore!
[Edited by FotiniD]
02-27-04 06:58 AM
marko So this makes a question.Are you stones fan,or Mick taylor
fan?
I�m a stones fan,the other is a quitter.
02-27-04 10:54 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Relax - jb posts that on every thread that so much as mentions Ronnie or Mick Taylor. It's for the attention.

I wouldn't go to this concert, Ronnie or no Ronnie. Rod has been a hack since Smiler and I don't want to sit through an hour of him burbling lounge-singer material and pretending he's austiere and having to sit down and endure a 10-piece orchestra. Not even the Stones have a 10-piece orchestra...

...let's hope it stays that way.

-tSYX --- C'mon sugah let me know...
02-27-04 11:14 AM
Joey

All of the Faces Suck !!!!! ( see Kenny Jones , Marriott ( RIP ) , MacLagan , etc .......................... )

J. Fly !
02-27-04 11:16 AM
nankerphelge Didn't Kenny Jones join the Who?

Does that mean....oh no...

02-27-04 11:20 AM
Joey " Didn't Kenny Jones join the Who?

Does that mean....oh no... "

Shiver ..........................................

Nanky , this " Drugged Petey " is for you ( circa March , '81 ) !!!!!

http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/bild/bild/who09.jpg

Jacky !
02-27-04 04:33 PM
Prodigal Son Ouch, I remember seeing how awful he looked in the videos for "Let My Love Open the Door" and "Rough Boyd," but that one really hits it home. No wonder his parents were worried at Christmas when they saw him like that. Into rehab he went right away. Looks older there at age 36, than he does now.
02-27-04 06:19 PM
Martha Stonesdoug...are you secretly related to one, two or all of the Stones? You seem to know many things that no one else does???????

:-)

Anyone going tonight?

A full report would be good!
02-27-04 08:46 PM
Angiegirl From Shidoobee by Mackie212:

Just got back from the Garden. Woodie showed up but only for one song. They did "Stay With Me" as the final song of the first set. Ronnie was dressed in long blue/grey coat, with what looked like the Babylon lions on his guitar strap. It was great to see him share the mike with Rod. Reminded me of the Mick/Ronnie duets on Starfucker. After the song, Rod acknowledged Ronnie as being one of the best blues bass players going back to his days with Jeff Beck.
It was basically the same set list as posted earlier by tommygunn. The only difference, we got "Infatuation" instead of "Tonight I'm Yours".

BEST VIEWED HIGH