ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: lol luciana exhorting young people to practise safe sex Return to archive
02-25-04 06:26 PM
moy 24 FEBRUARY 2004
Rio de Janeiro's carnival celebrations got off to a characteristically spectacular start on Sunday, when the city exploded in an extravaganza of noise, colour and flesh. Some 100,000 revellers turned out for the opening ceremony at the Sambadrome arena, with Brazilian stars like supermodel Gisele Bundchen joining in the fun.

The catwalk beauty seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the event, treating onlookers to a demonstration of her samba dancing skills. But the parade itself was the real star, as the people of Brazil forgot about their recent political troubles and indulged in some serious partying.

As usual the floats succeeded in amazing the crowd and raising eyebrows in equal measure. Luciana Morad, the mother of Mick Jagger's son Lucas, put in an appearance, exhorting young people to practise safe sex. And another of the floats, which was promoting alternative fuels, featured a complete go-cart track with racers speeding around it.

Authorities estimate that 400,000 tourists had come to Rio for the carnival weekend, with around 80,000 making the journey from outside Brazil. The passengers of the Queen Mary 2 cruise liner were also among the throng, after their luxurious ship dropped anchor in Guanbara Bay.

02-25-04 06:28 PM
moy gisele

02-25-04 07:57 PM
gypsy Or we could just follow Luciana's example...and practice safe sex--unless it's with a celebrity we can run through the freakin' cleaners.
02-25-04 09:39 PM
parmeda No shit, gypsy...all bets would be off in a heartbeat, LOL

[Edited by parmeda]
02-25-04 11:36 PM
gypsy I tried to get preggers by Ginger Baker years ago...didn't work out...now I'm stuck with Joey, 2.5 kids, and a minivan.
02-26-04 06:04 AM
LadyJane Tell me gypsy...do Tardrites for the little one's cost more that the adult size???

LOL.

LJ.
02-26-04 10:39 AM
SeerSuckersuit RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (Reuters) - A Rio de Janeiro samba school on Wednesday sacked its Carnival artistic director whose pro-condom parade had upset the Catholic church and whose Kama Sutra float had been censored as too steamy even for Rio's annual Bacchanalia.

Academicos do Grande Rio school fired Joaosinho Trinta -- a popular but controversial Carnival figure -- just before the winner of this year's world-famous Carnival was named in an event that formally closed five days of pre-Lenten jamborees.

Beija Flor (Humming Bird) won the crown among 14 top league samba schools for the second year running, while the judges, who evaluate the schools' sambas, costumes, creativity and all-round enthusiasm, gave Grande Rio a lowly 10th place.

"The conflict that Joaosinho Trinta developed with the church has affected the community. We are a Catholic country and he really exaggerated on sex," a Grande Rio spokesman said. Brazil is the world's biggest Roman Catholic country.
02-26-04 10:42 AM
nankerphelge A Kama Sutra float?

No THAT's a parade!!

02-26-04 01:06 PM
gypsy oh, LJ, we just buy the adult size tardrites...as the kids have abnormally enlarged heads due to joey's chiba habit (he'll deny it though).
02-26-04 02:25 PM
nankerphelge oh shit!

really???
02-26-04 02:35 PM
Monkey Woman Reference to Mick at Luciana TV show (posted today by Stoned In Rio on Iorr.org message board):

"I saw this and thought it was funny:

She was having a guest, and they were talking about dating older men, so Luciana says: "ya know, i just looooove older men!" and then you can hear a bit of Satisfaction playing in the backgroung and she gives this embarrased look to the camera...................

Pretty funny, but i still thing she's a gold-digger!

Rock On! "

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=97692&t=97692

BEST VIEWED HIGH