ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry Hall graces six stages in one night (nsc) Return to archive
02-25-04 06:18 PM
moy 25 FEBRUARY 2004
Jerry Hall may well be the hardest working woman in showbusiness after appearing in six West End musicals in one night, as part of London's One Amazing Week campaign. The statuesque American managed to set a new world record, thanks to the help of some slick stage management and a powerful motorcycle.

In the space of just under three and a half hours, Jerry performed in Phantom Of The Opera, Blood Brothers, Les Miserables, Fame, Anything Goes and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Most of the audiences didn't realise they were watching the famous Texan, because they were all non-speaking roles and her participation was not announced. After each appearance, a 1,000cc taxi-bike collected the actress and whizzed her off to the next show.

"I love musical theatre, and to appear in six shows, playing six characters in one night is something I never thought I would see myself do," she said before starting her race against time. "It's going to be tough, but I cannot wait to rise to the challenge of setting a world record."

Altogether the 47-year-old spent 33 minutes on stage and was watched by nearly 10,000 theatre-goers. The only problem, she later revealed, was finding a moment to go to the loo.
02-25-04 06:38 PM
moy more pix

02-25-04 06:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What's the point?
02-25-04 07:44 PM
gotdablouse reminds of Def Leppard playing on three continents in 24 hours back in '95...

Da bitch still looks pretty good for 48 year old though...
02-26-04 02:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
What's the point?

Come on, give the woman a break. To play the devil's advocate, was there any point behind Dog... sorry, Goddess in the Doorway? Kidding, but hey, I don't really get why Hall seems to be getting the worst treatment of all Mick's affairs. I'm saving that spot for Luciana
02-26-04 07:08 AM
Monkey Woman OK, Jerry's crazy! 6 different parts in 3 hours! Just kidding! The woman's got guts, anyway. BTW: there was one lucky guy that night, the motorbike driver!!!
02-26-04 08:44 AM
luxury1 hey--her face looks great!! No lines--what the hell has she done?
And just for the record (ha!), when I first read about this a few days ago, I thought, or was at least hoping, all this was a joke...
Guess not.
02-26-04 09:59 AM
Snappy McJack What the heck, did she hitch a ride on Bono's bike?
02-27-04 03:02 AM
Prodigal Son If that's Bono, then someone should tell him that getup makes him look fat.

BEST VIEWED HIGH