ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hi i'm new and a ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-25-04 03:31 PM
exilelib hey all i've been visiting this site for quite some time now and i just registered. i'm 18 and the stones are what i live for. i went to the stones concert at gillete stadium by Boston on the past licks tour and was also at sarsstock in toronto however that concert was not exactly my favorite for many reasons. I also love the blues and all the rock and roll bands from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. my heroes are the same as the stones. i also play guitar. I was also wondering if anybody knows any good and still working ftp sites to get some taylor era live songs? i love to hear his solos. thanks, corey
02-25-04 03:33 PM
marko Welcome!
02-25-04 04:41 PM
Jaxx its always nice to see a lurker step out of the shadows. the key is to have fun and don't let the animals bite ya.

02-25-04 04:49 PM
Poplar
actually - you're not a real member yet.
first - you have to weigh in on "The Passion of the Christ."
only then are you a ROer.

just kidding. welcome
02-25-04 04:50 PM
Angiegirl I like it when animals bite me, especially if it's Bernard.
I'm his pie you see.
02-25-04 05:04 PM
Poplar

stupid ... damn ... lucky ... stink'n Bernard .. grumble grumble...

02-25-04 05:06 PM
Ronnie B. Wood pleased to meet you!
02-25-04 05:06 PM
Angiegirl

02-25-04 06:39 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Welcome Exile and you came to the right place if ya wanna hear people badmouth the Stones n Keith, that's all I've heard since I became a member a couple of weeks ago. Makes me sick. Peace>>>Riff-Hard-Fan
02-25-04 09:41 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riff-Hard-Fan wrote:
Welcome Exile and you came to the right place if ya wanna hear people badmouth the Stones n Keith, that's all I've heard since I became a member a couple of weeks ago. Makes me sick. Peace>>>Riff-Hard-Fan

i can see yr point RHF - but what you need to keep in mind is that we all here consider ourselves fairly hard - core fans and if an "outsider" was to make the same sort of statements we'd all defnd the stones to the death - h/ever, amongst ourselves and given that we feel we know the band well enoughg to do so we can put forward criticism of them

you obviously dig keith big time but you should still try to look at what he does from some type of "objective' point of view (imo)otherwise you can just appear to be some kind of star struck teeny bopper type - blind faith in anything is dangerous

peace my man and do rock on

02-25-04 11:58 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Yes I do "dig" Keith big time as you say.... and I'm not a "Teeny Bopper" I happen to be in my late 40's and I still don't understand the logic here.... But then how could I ? I'm a "newcomer" and it seems that if your not part of your group then Fuck you, your stupid and you should not speak about things such as the Stones. So whats the point of coming on here then?? I happen to love Keef and the Stones and just don't happen to like to hear negitave things about them, I hope they go on tour again and I love all the new songs and old ones as well. And to whoever it was that said Keith is a bastard .. your a bastard yourself. Peace Guys and Fuck you. R-H-F
02-26-04 12:15 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riff-Hard-Fan wrote:
>and I'm not a "Teeny Bopper"

i didn't say you were i said you could appear that way

> I happen to be in my late 40's and I still don't understand the logic here.... But then how could I ? I'm a "newcomer" and it seems that if your not part of your group then Fuck you, your stupid and you should not speak about things such as the Stones. So whats the point of coming on here then?? I happen to love Keef and the Stones and just don't happen to like to hear negitave things about them,

jesus man, settle down - it's got nothing to do with being a "newcomer" or any perception you may have about "( )our group" - that's unreasonable we were all necomers once - i'm with you, i love the band and just about evreyhting they've done but that doesn't mean i can't tolerate opinions other than those that agree with mine - the point of "coming on here" is to discuss those differences you speak of - i love talking about the stones almost as much as i like listening to them

> Peace Guys and Fuck you. R-H-F

well if the FU was directed to all of "us" i'm sorry to hear that - you should stick around then maybe you could redress the imbalance you see with respect to negative coments

yrs with respect - SIA

02-26-04 12:44 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan SIA...Sorry I get carried away sometimes..But damn it just seems like people are just ripping the Stones apart and saying they should retire..not make any more music..Just die I guess They must be sick of them? So what's the point? Go to the Kidrock site or something . Nothing wrong with an opinion but I can have one too! I might be a bit pre-occupied with Keef but I met him one time.. He is the Coolest (not just as a musician but as a human being) Peace SIA... and Keef-Riff-Hard babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! RHF
02-26-04 01:07 AM
stonedinaustralia no worries RHF - hell i'm a lot like you esp. when it comes to keith - i think he and his music is about as cool as you can get - 'tho persona wise he has gotten a little cantakerous of late but my guess is that comes with the turf when you turn 60

more importantly,when/where did you meet him - what did you/he say??

i spoke to him once (he was onstage at the enmore and i was hard up against the stage)- i yelled "hey, keith" and he responded by turning to face me and looking me in the eye and giving me a hearty high five - man that was a buzz
02-26-04 05:46 AM
luxury1 Welcome to the board. I love the young ones, and I only give love bites.

Angiegirl--Bernard's bite isnt all you may think it is........
02-26-04 06:54 AM
egon
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
its always nice to see a lurker step out of the shadows. the key is to have fun and don't let the animals bite ya.

you mean there are people who only read, but do not post?

freaky...
02-27-04 08:12 AM
fleabitpeanutmonkey Welcome Exile. I too have lurked and only joined a couple of days ago. The Stones have brought me much joy throughout my life and continue to do so. I'm here for a good time and I'll never let other people get me down. My very first Stones' show was in April '79, the Keith Richards Benefit Concert in Oshawa near Toronto whish included sets by the New Barbarians and then the Stones. I've enjoyed shows on every tour since and watched things change. A definite hilight was the club show at RPM in Toronto before they set out on the Voodoo Lounge Tour. I've never participated in boards like this before because I prefer to avoid the negative in life but I've made a decision to revel with other positive fans because I know that there are similar minded people on this board. Say what the hell and hang fire!
02-27-04 09:37 AM
Factory Girl Hey, fleabitpeanutmonkey. Your handle is already taken by FPM, C10, who is a long standing member of your community. Please change your handle.

Btw, Welcome to RO!
02-27-04 11:03 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hey, and welcome. I'm 18 myself from the Boston area and saw them the first time at the Fleet in '02.

The best boots from the Taylor era are "LIVEr Than You'll Ever Be" from the 1969 tour and "The Brussels Affair" from 1973. Other fantastic shows are Perth, Australia in 1973 (that's my favorite - they're all very sloppy but the playing is fantastic, especially Keith) and Ft. Worth in '72 isn't bad. I'll try and find some good FTPs.

The Taylor years are very interesting because you get to hear the two distinct guitars - Keith plays rhythm (hard, hard rhythm) and Taylor lead, and both of them concentrate very hard on their playing. As a result, you always know when Taylor's soloing - with the '75-'78 boots, the unpredictability of just where and when one of the guitarists would break out makes for more interesting listening.

Still, check out those ones I mentioned above. They're pretty fantastic.

-tSYX --- I'm zippin' through the days at blindin' speed...
02-27-04 11:13 AM
Joey

Mick Taylor's Fingers ;
They make me quiver when they deliver .
I crys a river , in me Gin Soaked Liver ;
Whilst the notes , they slink and they slither .

Thank You !

The Joey , Established 1999 !
02-27-04 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
exilelib wrote:
hey all i've been visiting this site for quite some time now and i just registered. i'm 18 and the stones are what i live for. i went to the stones concert at gillete stadium by Boston on the past licks tour and was also at sarsstock in toronto however that concert was not exactly my favorite for many reasons. I also love the blues and all the rock and roll bands from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. my heroes are the same as the stones. i also play guitar. I was also wondering if anybody knows any good and still working ftp sites to get some taylor era live songs? i love to hear his solos. thanks, corey

Indeed, Mick Taylor's guitar wizardry elevated the Stones to the greatest rock-n-roll band that there will ever be....the sound coming out of this legend's guitar was truly mesmerizing and awe inspiring....Obviously, Brussels Affair is a must, but I really like the remastered 'Philadelphia Special" as much if not greater...I personally feel Taylor's performance on GS was the best version I ever heard.....
02-27-04 11:22 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Indeed, Mick Taylor's guitar wizardry elevated the Stones to the greatest rock-n-roll band that there will ever be....the sound coming out of this legend's guitar was truly mesmerizing and awe inspiring....Obviously, Brussels Affair is a must, but I really like the remastered 'Philadelphia Special" as much if not greater...I personally feel Taylor's performance on GS was the best version I ever heard.....

http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/bild/bild/who09.jpg
02-27-04 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/bild/bild/who09.jpg

Joey, when I first looked at that picture, I thought it was Al Pacino.(:
02-27-04 11:27 AM
Joey " Joey, when I first looked at that picture, I thought it was Al Pacino "

You make Joey smile !

http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/bild/bild/who24.jpg
02-27-04 04:56 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:

you mean there are people who only read, but do not post?

freaky...

My point exactly! They are the real freaks !
02-27-04 08:15 PM
fleabitpeanutmonkey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey, fleabitpeanutmonkey. Your handle is already taken by FPM, C10, who is a long standing member of your community. Please change your handle.

Btw, Welcome to RO!

Thanks for the welcome and for the info re using an already existing handle... nothing but apologies to the original. I mistakenly assumed that the registration process wouldn't allow me to use an existing handle but I guess I was wrong with that one. So can someone tell me, considering that there are over 2,000 members where can I view a list of handles so that I don't make the same mistake again?
02-27-04 09:16 PM
exile Hey i thought i was Exile
02-27-04 09:56 PM
jpenn11 exilelib, welcome!

Download some videos from the multimedia page at www.micktaylor.com. Try sharingthegroove.org for various audio and video files. It's not limited to Phish. db.etree.org might be even more useful.

jb, might you be willing to b&p for the PS remastered? I had no idea it had been remastered. Was PS 2 remastered too? PS 1&2 seem like great shows, but the boot sound is pretty wretched. (I cannot hook up a burner to my computer at this point.)

02-27-04 10:40 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Hey SIA..Whats UP? Sorry I took so long to post again ahhahahahaha but anyway back to Keith as usual! I Just happened to be at The Right Place At The Right Time when I "met" Keith! It was March 26th 1999 in Chicago Ill. The No Security Tour....My daughter and I were at the same Hotel as Keith and for "some reason" happened to be in the Lobby when he was coming thru (on the way to the concert) We just went NUTZ hahahahha and we had a banner that said Keef-Riff-Hard and held it up, he just walked right over to us and said "How are u ladies tonight??" I said something stupid LOL like were ok now that your here ahhaha so he asked us our names and autographed the Banner then gave us both a big hug!! Then as he was walking away he said "I wish I had time to go have a drink with yous but you know how that is" and he gave his big smile and wink!!!!! Needless to say I don't even remember getting to the concert hahahahaha We had shitty seats but we really didn't care at that point!! So would you consider that "meeting" Keith??? I think that Qualifys don't you??? ahhahahahhahahha WE LOVE YOU KEITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-27-04 11:58 PM
exilelib thanks guys for the info on the good boots to get. i will most definitely look into them and places to hear some tunes. also th.anks for the warm welcome
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH