ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ANOTHER Who Best of??? Return to archive
02-25-04 12:09 PM
Snappy McJack **NO STONES CONTENT *

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000442774

Wow, it has two new songs on it. Yippee.

Don't get me wrong; I love the Who, but to continuously release the hits is getting a bit lame.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
02-25-04 03:10 PM
Prodigal Son Wow, how cheap of them. Every Who fan has those songs, it's a skimpy collection at best (double that number would suffice) and the 2 new songs are just the marketing key to it all. I thought a new album was going to be made. Is that at least still in the works? So, this gives us, unmercifully:
Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy (essential though)
The Who's Greatest Hits
Who's Better, Who's Best
The 20th century collection: The Who
The Very Best of the Who
The Ultimate Collection
Then and Now
And a few others I've probably not seen yet.
02-25-04 03:14 PM
Joey Message from Your Chairman :

" Pete announces 2004 -2005 plans for the Who! "

" Finally Pete's camp announced the band's upcoming game plan Sept 20, 2003 on Pete's official site:

The band has agreed upon a work plan for the coming year and beyond. ...
His main creative work will be songs for a new Who album. These will be based on his story, now complete, The Boy Who Heard Music. He and Roger plan to demo the new material before the end of the year prior to going into record the album in March 04. This of course will be the band's first studio album since 1982 'It's Hard.' The proposed release date for the album is the early Summer and the idea is to follow it up with a US and UK tour, taking in other regions in 2005.

Both Pete and Roger wanted to share this information with you at an early stage. It is hoped that the recording sessions will be filmed for webcasting and that some live, interactive sessions, via the website, will also take place.

STAY TUNED!! "

" The Who - 2004 | summary | releases | live |

20 Feb 2004 - 'Then and Now' CD to be released March 30th!
Features "Real Good Looking Boy' (Dec 2003) and 'Old Red Wine' (Feb 2004)
16 Feb 2004 - Rumors of imminent US Tour announcement surface!!
Australian Radio claiming a visit due, as well as Japan, All RUMORS so far ... stay tuned
12 Feb 2004 - Mar 22, 24, 25 Kentish Town Forum
21 Jan 2004 - March 29th Royal Albert Hall Tix onsale NOW - TOMMY! "

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky Townshend !!!!!!

02-25-04 03:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Some things just aren't here anymore. At least my world had plenty of cheap gas.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-25-04 03:51 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Some things just aren't here anymore. At least my world had plenty of cheap gas.

you can find cheap gas anywhere you can find a cheap can of beans and/or beer.
02-25-04 04:01 PM
Joey " you can find cheap gas anywhere you can find a cheap can of beans and/or beer "

02-25-04 10:08 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

you can find cheap gas anywhere you can find a cheap can of beans and/or beer.

Doesn't this reply belong in the "Toots and Maytals in NYC" thread...?
02-25-04 11:35 PM
glencar Another Who release?
02-25-04 11:37 PM
Mr T
quote:
glencar wrote:
Another Who release?

i'm with you. i can't believe its been four months either
02-26-04 04:38 AM
Zack Much as I love the Who, that's pathetic.
02-26-04 12:00 PM
Joey " Much as I love the Who, that's pathetic. "

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !

Ninea !

02-27-04 12:24 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox i heard Rog actually wrote one of the songs
02-27-04 12:42 PM
Joey " i heard Rog actually wrote one of the songs "

You make Joey blow chunks !

Barfy !
02-27-04 01:34 PM
Nellcote hmmmmm? How many years between new material?
Oh, I forgot, he was doing research, that was the hold up in new product. Now I understand..
02-27-04 01:35 PM
Joey " hmmmmm? How many years between new material?
Oh, I forgot, he was doing research, that was the hold up in new product. Now I understand.. "

Watch it !!...........That is your " Chairman " son .

02-27-04 01:44 PM
Nellcote Joey, as Chairman of the Petey Patrol, will you contact his royal beardness and plead with him to devote 100% time to one of the greatest rock bands ever, instead of the relentless back burner treatment he's shown The Who since Moon died? He had great momentum after The Concert For NY, and let it flounder again without new product, and once again failed to deliver any new material. With all of the unreleased stuff he's squirreling away, he probably has two more "Tommy's" just sitting there. What a waste. Joey, handle this please, for the sake of all concerned.
02-27-04 03:58 PM
Joey " He had great momentum after The Concert For NY, and let it flounder again without new product, and once again failed to deliver any new material. With all of the unreleased stuff he's squirreling away, he probably has two more "Tommy's" just sitting there. What a waste. Joey, handle this please, for the sake of all concerned. "

Au Contraire my egg roll rolling pal . The New Album comes out this summer / fall .

Word !

J.

BEST VIEWED HIGH