ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

South Kensington, June 28, 1967
Kent Gavin - The Daily Mirror
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones weekend in PA Return to archive
02-22-04 10:19 PM
West 8 Stones weekend is comming up April 2-4 in the Poconos,Pa. It is at Daniels resort in the Poconos PA. It is a family resort so you can bring the kids. Stones karaoke/Stones triva/Keith Richards ring toss/and a Voodoo lounge playing Stones videos. Tournaments thruout the weekend like golf/ shuffleboard. Winners of these tournaments/karaoke etc..win Stones stuff. Weather permitting there will be a softball game between us and a local team who calls themselves the Beatles. (A brief history - I work at this resort, and my boss asked if I could think of a few theme weekends & ofcourse I thought about the Stones. I thought if I let it be known on Rocks Off & some others like Stonesdoug it would be a great way for us to meet each other,drink a few beers & sing karaoke. Yes selfish motives but it should be a blast)PS: I know some of you are in bands that play alot of Stones, email me if you are interested in a gig,I believe one of the nights are open.
02-22-04 10:37 PM
glencar Man, I wish it was any other weekend but that one! I will be in FLA then (not visiting Joshy!). More notice next time,please.
02-24-04 09:37 AM
West 8 By the way reservations phone # is 1800 755 0300.(Website Danielsresort.com) Rates include breakfast & dinner and the use of indoor pool,hot tub etc
02-24-04 09:43 AM
nankerphelge Sounds like fun except for the part where I tell my wife I am going to the Poconos with a bunch of Stones fans.

Visions of heart-shaped bathtubs and drunkenchibaorgies would kill that pretty qwik!!

Next time we should plan to meet at a Monster Truck show or something!

02-24-04 10:37 AM
Joey

MaxyFest '04 is in Chicago ....................or so I have heard !

" Stones Rule ...............You Bastards !!!! "

J.
02-24-04 10:43 AM
jb Isn't that near where SS lives?
02-24-04 10:55 AM
glencar Joshy, it's where I live. I have a ski kouse right in the heart of the Poconos. C'mon up, bitch!
02-24-04 10:56 AM
jb I have to give you some credit for your comments regarding the posts by Bill Perks.
02-24-04 10:59 AM
glencar I'm not sure if he was "joking" or not but it didn't sound like it. BTW In the Poconos, there are many jews. Each community apparently has one large ethnic group that dominates. I didn't know this before buying but found out last weekend I was up there.
02-24-04 11:03 AM
jb I went to the Miami Heat "family fest" this weekend...You donate $500 and you meet the palyers...I will hopefully post a picture of me and Heat caoch Stan Van Gundy....
02-24-04 11:04 AM
glencar Brother of Jeff?
02-24-04 11:07 AM
jb Yes..Pat Riley was there..he is a fairly big guy and is somewhat unapproachable compared to the rest of the team....
02-24-04 11:45 AM
Joey " Isn't that near where SS lives? "

No , Baby Steelie !!!!!!

02-24-04 09:04 PM
glencar Steelie lives outside Chi-town.
02-25-04 12:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot The Poconos are about a 3 hr drive from my house.

Philly, DC, & Pittsburgh are closer.
02-26-04 08:16 PM
West 8 Update There will be a great rock&roll cover band playing for the weekend. Luv Krazy is the name of the band. Some of you may have seen them They play alot in the NY/NJ area. They really are a kick ass band. Check out their website Luvkrazy.com Thae also told me they will learn about 5 more Stones songs so they could have a mini Stones tribute set.
02-27-04 04:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Cool! I will be present!
02-27-04 04:50 PM
Factory Girl SSC, you're back!!! Let's party!!!
02-27-04 04:51 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
SSC, you're back!!! Let's party!!!

Ow yeah!!!

BEST VIEWED HIGH